IGNORED

England

Rooney as a captain... surely its got nothing to do with marketing, the Nike connection and all that sort of stuff....

As it happens its not a bad choice as such, only on the basis that I would have Cahill or Hart as the alternatives. Rooney in all fairness has a job on his hands to justify selection let alone captaincy. I have not been impressed with him for some time and believe that his powers are waining (sorry for the pun) very quick.

Rooney as a captain... surely its got nothing to do with marketing, the Nike connection and all that sort of stuff....

As it happens its not a bad choice as such, only on the basis that I would have Cahill or Hart as the alternatives. Rooney in all fairness has a job on his hands to justify selection let alone captaincy. I have not been impressed with him for some time and believe that his powers are waining (sorry for the pun) very quick.

His media skills are woeful as well. All the interviews he has to do he'll need even more coaching in composing himself in front of the cameras now

Its really difficult to pick a captain IMO. Only Hart is realistically guarenteed a place as the other GK's are poor.

Personally I would have given it to Baines as there isnt a LB at his level in England and he has the experience to do it. Cahill and Jagielka wont be playing as soon as Stones and Chambers start playing regularly. Wilshere, Henderson, Ox, Sterling are all too inexperienced and not really captain material which leaves Sturridge or Rooney and Woy has made it pretty clear that he wont ever be dropped regardless of form.

Its really difficult to pick a captain IMO. Only Hart is realistically guarenteed a place as the other GK's are poor.

Personally I would have given it to Baines as there isnt a LB at his level in England and he has the experience to do it. Cahill and Jagielka wont be playing as soon as Stones and Chambers start playing regularly. Wilshere, Henderson, Ox, Sterling are all too inexperienced and not really captain material which leaves Sturridge or Rooney and Woy has made it pretty clear that he wont ever be dropped regardless of form.

I think Leighton will have to be at his best from the off because if he slips up at all the media (who seem to me to be the people who pick the team) will be screaming for Luke Shaw to be in when he's fit.

I think Leighton will have to be at his best from the off because if he slips up at all the media (who seem to me to be the people who pick the team) will be screaming for Luke Shaw to be in when he's fit.

I think now Shaws at United it's inevitable that he'll take Baines place within twelve months.

Can't have the medias darlings out the team.

Chambers has proved your theory right. He wouldn't of been picked if he hadn't gone to Arsenal. Now because he plays for them he's called up.

Pisses me right off..

Before anyone chimes in I know Johnsons shit but it's just a point in principal .

Yeh you're right. As soon as he starts playing for the Utd reserves the media will call for him to start. Baines took a lot of unfair stick at the WC when he was the only person who gave a shit at one stage.

Regarding the Chambers comments, he deserved a chance last season so I'm glad he has been included but I do think your right Paddock in that he wouldn't have been picked if he hadn't moved.

Shaw will have to get in the United side first, once he's recovered from injury. That's no guarantee after Van Gaal's comments about him.

I don't think he was a Van Gaal signing and may not last too long at United tbh.

Stones is in without being in our first team :).

Tell you what, these pundits don't half talk shite. Surely if your getting paid to talk about football then before hand you check your facts???

Glenn Hoddle: The lad Stones, he is a Centre half but he did play right back when he was out on loan.

On loan where Glenn? Do you mean Barnsley, the club we paid a fee for him?

Glenn Hoddle: (Again on Stones) He hasn't played a single minute yet which is not ideal.

Wrong, he played 90 vs Leicester.

Ian Wright: Stones can't get in at RB at Everton because of Coleman. He might be another Phil Jones, where we don't know his best position.

He's a CB and if you did your research lads you would know this. Pisses me off that they're paid to talk shite!

Edited by Geth

Tell you what, these pundits don't half talk shite. Surely if your getting paid to talk about football then before hand you check your facts???

Glenn Hoddle: The lad Stones, he is a Centre half but he did play right back when he was out on loan.

On loan where Glenn? Do you mean Barnsley, the club we paid a fee for him?

Glenn Hoddle: (Again on Stones) He hasn't played a single minute yet which is not ideal.

Wrong, he played 90 vs Leicester.

Ian Wright: Stones can't get in at RB at Everton because of Coleman. He might be another Phil Jones, where we don't know his best position.

He's a CB and if you did your research lads you would know this. Pisses me off that they're paid to talk shite!

Spot on in everything you've just said. I was sat there listening to them speak wondering how they get paid for their commentary when they know fuck all.