IGNORED

Sunderland (Home) FA Cup 6th round

MikeO

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

SAFC fan here. Whilst I appreciate our attendance for the match against Arsenal was poor it was a week after the Arsenal league game which was one of the highest of the season. The game was on TV and to be honest, whilst I accept it wasnt great....our average attendance is up there at the top and for a club in one fo the poorest areas of the UK it isnt bad.

I was over the moon with the away draw as its my stag doo in liverpool that weekend so naturally, whilst most mackems were cursing the tough away game I was dancing around the living room.

I have put my application in along with 7,000 others and with only 5,800 seats up for grabs I will wait nervously for the outcome.

I'm the co-owner of www.safc-fans.com and have previously done bits and bobs with admin on here so hopefully we can have abit of banter in the lead up to the match....

Here are the complete FA Cup records of all eight Quarter Finalists, showing how many times the clubs have reached the last 32 (today's 4th Round) or better from 1871-72 to 2010-11...

295.png

...the current League positions are also included, but these may well change before the FA Cup sixth round matches are played.

Good win today against Liverpool which could spur them into a run of good form. It's not something that I wanted (especially seeing as I had a fiver on Liverpool to win) and I believe that from today our tie just got that much harder.

If we beat Spurs today however we could give them something to think about and have ourselves a tasty little tie. I'm still confident but I'm very wary of the position that the Black Cats are in.

Yes but it was on home soil, Sunderland have a decent record in the north east, could be a different stoy when they get to Liverpool in a week or two for the Cup fixture. You feel the venue will be the deciding factor

PS Well done Black Cats on beating that shit today, can't offer enough congratulations. All we need now is for a Toffee win this evening and it'll be a satisfactory day for Blues

Ive interviewed Pete from this site for my SAFC website ahead of the FA Cup match.....

http://www.safc-fans.com/home/the-other-side/the-other-side-2011-2012/251-everton-fan-interview-fa-cup-special

I'm heading to Liverpool for the first time on Friday and at Goodison with 2 mates on Saturday.....and another 5,800 Sunderland fans.

Can't wait.

Nice one....glad you got your ticket Baz. Have a good week-end (apart from an hour and a half Saturday lunchtime)smile.png .

Anyone going to guess who Pete "probably the biggest moaner on there.." is?

A clue....it's not pete0tongue.png .

I'll leave him to reveal himselfbiggrin.png .

Nice one....glad you got your ticket Baz. Have a good week-end (apart from an hour and a half Saturday lunchtime)smile.png .

Easy... pity he doesn't speak with such elegance on here!

A few more post a day and I think I could edge it

Difficult to generate a lot of optimism for this after Tuesday....hope the players are feeling better than the fans are.

I have a fifty mile drive to a party in the evening so beer will sadly be restricted....need an early goal or two to settle the nerves.

Difficult to generate a lot of optimism for this after Tuesday....hope the players are feeling better than the fans are.

I have a fifty mile drive to a party in the evening so beer will sadly be restricted....need an early goal or two to settle the nerves.

Exactly how i feel tbh, we should all be on the edge of our seats in anticipation for this game, but it's safe to say most of us just wish it would go away after the shambles that was the other night, the pressure that is on the shoulders of the players to win this game now, and if we don't well, Mr Moyes you will owe the fans a huge explanation

I know we had a bad game against Liverpool in the mid-week but if we come at Sunderland with a full strength squad (which I think is Moyes' plan) then we should have ourselves in the next round of the cup. I'm keeping the faith and I can really see us taking something from this.

Keep the faith!

moyes has a lot of explaining to do if we don't go for this one fully and win

Agreed, the reason that we didn't go full throttle at Liverpool was because he wanted to save the stars in our team for the Sunderland game so anything other than a strong win and he is on the chopping board. I do believe we will win because the players have something to prove after the dismal 3-0 defeat and because its Moyes 10 year anniversary week (and so far it's been one to forget).

Still nervous though, it's do or die in the FA Cup.

My mate is training for the marathon - he did a 16 miler the other night, two days later he was back to full energy and muscle comfort, wonder why our millionaire stars can't be like that?

A few learnings from the other night that an armchair fan could easily see:

Jags is not our best defender, heitinga is and distin second.

Anichebe just isn't ever going to be any good, 1 game in 10 does not make a player

Rodwell is lacking fitness, confidence and sharpness

Drenth is a symptom of our inabilities - not the cause of them, utilise him and support him

Straq needs support - he isn't technically good enough to do it on his own up front

My mate is training for the marathon - he did a 16 miler the other night, two days later he was back to full energy and muscle comfort, wonder why our millionaire stars can't be like that?

A few learnings from the other night that an armchair fan could easily see:

Jags is not our best defender, heitinga is and distin second.

Anichebe just isn't ever going to be any good, 1 game in 10 does not make a player

Rodwell is lacking fitness, confidence and sharpness

Drenth is a symptom of our inabilities - not the cause of them, utilise him and support him

Straq needs support - he isn't technically good enough to do it on his own up front

Why is it everyone can see these pointers, but the manager? Genuinely, how does he not see this?

Because for some reason it has become standard for a pro player to only play one game a week. People moan that cup games take place in the middle of a week because it means that the players have to play twice in a week (which I find laughable) and both Sir Alex and Arsene Wenger came out and said that the number of International Friendles should be reduced because of the fatigue players come back with (again laughable).

They are athletes and are payed too much money to only play 90 minutes in a week.

shaking%20fist.png

Poll's should be at the heartbeat of a Matchday thread ;)