IGNORED

Newcastle Injury Problems.................

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder hopes to sign "2 or 3 short and long-term striking solutions” prior to the start of the new season.

"We need to add to the squad," he told BBC Radio Five Live. "We've already a few players depart with Alan Shearer retiring, Lee Bowyer and Michael Chopra moving on and of course there was Michael’s terrible injury earlier this week. That's four players down straight away."

"We won't be signing anybody this week but we're talking to players. I hope we'll have a couple of new faces. Maybe there will be five or six in total."

One name which will raise a few eyebrows is the Bradford veteran Dean Windass, who looks certain to be signed on a rolling one-month contract later next week.

Roeder added: "I appreciate people will be surprised hearing Dean’s name, but he is a proven striker with Premiership experience and an excellent strike record. As for his age, I see the wonderful job Teddy Sheringham is doing at my former club West Ham at 40, and Dean is only 37 and a spring chicken in comparison".

So much for having cash to burn!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a lot of time for newcastle i used to love watching them in the keegan era as manager some top attacking football and no chance of a goaless draw fantastic

35498[/snapback]

You'll be in the minority round here mate

I personally hope they do a leeds

maybe it was us  <_<   ;)   :lol:

35625[/snapback]

:huh: wonder iff micheal owen regrets not coming to us now knowing newcastle are a pile of poo next season :lol: how desperate are they to sign windass hes fooking poo and thats being nice :lol: lets hope it goes tits up 4 freddy shep the lap dance king :lol::P

the name is funny enough but newcastle a team who have had great strickers in the past now look to be going down! going down! and i will be very happy if they do :P then maybe we make a move for owen next summer... maybe just maybe :P

the name is funny enough but newcastle a team who have had great strickers in the past now look to be going down! going down! and i will be very happy if they do :P then maybe we make a move for owen next summer... maybe just maybe :P

35971[/snapback]

:rolleyes: hes had his chance and blew it,think it was a mistake on his behalf :lol:

This morning on the radio it was linking them with Dave beckham. Because freddy fat head was seen talking to posh. Load of shoiote It think

"Listen david, here at noocastle we are aiming high, thats why we want a player of you stature. We've already signed dean windass and we think you the missing peice in.......David.......David.... DAVID COME BACK"

SLAM

Freddy must be living in a dreamworld if he think Beckham would go there, I know Becks is stupid but he cant be that stupid to jump on a sinking ship. Maybe he could actually . . . . .  :unsure:   :P

36434[/snapback]

:D to be honest mark i hope he does, ad laugh my head off, fooking hate newcastle with a passion ;) did i mention shearer is a tw*t, relagation here they come :lol:

Newcastle hope to persuade David Beckham to join them by making a move for his former Manchester United team-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy. Beckham is at the top of the Toon's wish list while van Nistelrooy would be the perfect striking replacement for the injured Michael Owen and the retired Alan Shearer.

This morning on the radio it was linking them with Dave beckham. Because freddy fat head was seen talking to posh. Load of shoiote It think

"Listen david, here at noocastle we are aiming high, thats why we want a player of you stature. We've already signed dean windass and we think you the missing peice in.......David.......David.... DAVID COME BACK"

SLAM

36394[/snapback]

pmsl :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has warned fans to disregard the recent whirlwind of speculation after they were linked with David Beckham.

:lol:

37079[/snapback]

i smell a cover up... rejection straight away from becks, prob said "this isnt rios wind ups again?" ;)