IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

It is Liverpool. Prime rip off merchants they are, Bloody team strips have cost me a fortune in the past for the kids. (Nearly thought I was going to have a lovely family of Everton supporters. But I think I got to the front of the queue when the brains were handed out.)

Us? We can't be far off anyway.

Slightly delayed tonight because of a heap of college work but the winner of todays quiz is MikeO who by now is becoming a notable figure in the 'Zoo World'. The answer is Everton, who have paraded an astonishing 46 kits - home, away and third - in their Premier League history. United and Tottenham were second on 43, with Liverpool on 41.

Well done, more points coming your way!

Not at all surprised...we've changed kits every year for a long time now while others (Liverpool included Rubes) have kept them for two.

Hate to think how much I've spent on shirts for me and Josh in the last ten/twelve years....it'd pay for a bloody good holiday at the very least...but I still love buying themsmile.png .

I buy all three with a name and number every season... I dread to think what I've spent.

You've probably spent what Alan Sugar earns a year in paying for your shirts rofl.gif

I actually do like our shirts though, I don't feel ripped off because most of the time they are really smart. I don't mind paying for quality (and it does help the club).

I honestly thought it was United, I remember they brought out about four variations in one season a year or two ago, there was some debate about it

I don't always go with have to have the latest strip kind of thing, it's like well it's still our club, has the name and badge on it, so why the need to purchase a new one every season or so, soccer is getting expensive these days and merchandise is no exception so some feel they can save on a few pounds

I honestly thought it was United, I remember they brought out about four variations in one season a year or two ago, there was some debate about it

I remember one season when they had that reversable kit (one side was white and the other was gold) and there was a season where they changed their away kit after only using it for two weeks. I'm sure that's why they brought in the rule that you could only change your kit during the off-season to stop Manchester United from changing every five minutes. They probably held the record for the most changes in the Premier League but lately they have worn the same strip at home (i.e. - the 2007 AIG one).

Anyways, bright and early. Have a stab at this one folks;

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 3:

Which football club holds the record for the longest name? (in the world).

Nooit Ophouden Altijd Doorgaan Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Onstpanning Combinatie Breda - also known as NAC Breda (correctly guessed by c1982).

Edited by Zoo

Does Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch have a team (possibly with Wanderers or Academical tagged on the end)?

Singing would be difficult...

"One Llamfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantsiliogogogoch....

There's only one Llamfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantsiliogogogoch...." unsure.png

Wild guess... Borussia Dortmund, full name: Ballspiel-Verein Borussia 1909 Dortmund ?? Are we counting numbers, hyphens, etc?

Borussia Dortmund is wrong I'm afraid.

Hyphens, numbers and whatever else is also counted, so for example 1860 Munich would be a viable answer (albiet a short one). Keep guessing as your Dortmund answer was a good one, big points are on offer for today's question.

PAOK (had to google the wiki the spelling), Panthessaloníkios Athlitikós Ómilos Kostantinopolitón

Edit: am sure I've heard its Borussia Monchengladback

Google is a banned phrase in this thread ;)

Anyways your wrong on both accounts, PAOK and Borussia M'back are wrong meaning that nobody has found the correct answer. As an initiative to get people to rack their brains I'm offering double points today!

That place in Wales with the ridiculously stupid name can't have a soccer team, surely not

Nearest one I can think of around there would be TNS (Abbreviated obviously)

If we were to take this seriously I would have thought Borrusia M for sure or even Brighton and Hove Albion (Robert Maxwell tried to buy them in the 1980s and pulled out when he discovered it was only one club) in England would have to be up there. Remember in Scotland hearing about some teams such as Burnt Island Shipyards during early rounds of the cups some years ago, not longest names, but I thought they deserved a mention

The correct answer has been found by c1982.

Nooit Ophouden Altijd Doorgaan Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Onstpanning Combinatie Breda (or NAC Breda for short) have the longest football team name in the history of the footballing world. The English translation is 'Never give up, Always Persevere, Pleasent for its entertainment and useful for its relaxation combination'

I'm surprised you didn't get it due to the well known chant;

'And it's Nooit Ophouden Altijd Doorgaan Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Onstpanning Combinatie Breda! Nooit Ophouden Altijd Doorgaan Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Onstpanning Combinatie Breda FC! Were by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Congratulations to c1982! More tomorrow from the world of Zoo.

Edit: Just re-read that it was actually you're friend that found out that NAC Breda had the longest name so well done to him. I woulden't argue with you that Brighton have the longest name in Britain however.

Edited by Zoo

It's that time of the day again! Just got home from a long day of college so this is why today's question is a tad late;

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 4:

Who has the most England U-21 caps? (James Milner correctly answered by Mogsy).

Edited by Zoo

Wolverhampton Wanderers is longer than Brighton and Hove Albion. In Scotland it is Inverness Caledonian Thistle. just a few years ago Bournemouth where known as AFC Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. So if you included Association Football Club Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic you would have 53 letters. dry.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers is longer than Brighton and Hove Albion. In Scotland it is Inverness Caledonian Thistle. just a few years ago Bournemouth where known as AFC Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. So if you included Association Football Club Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic you would have 53 letters. dry.png

It's still not as long as NAC Breda though.

They could be the longest name in Britain however, I woulden't argue with that.

The correct answer is James Milner so well done to Mogsy who guessed it correctly (and c1982). James broke the record when he played his 30th cap against Macedonia in 2007 and has since played more U-21 matches to get his total number of caps to 46. In these games he managed to score 9 goals and since moving up to the full England squad has played 23 games, failing to find the net.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 5:

The record for the most assists in a game is four and only four players have managed to achieve this record; name them. (Premiership).

Answers;

1 - Denis Bergkamp; Arsenal 5-0 Leicester City (correctly answered by GoodisonRoad).

2 - Jose Antonio Reyes; Arsenal 6-2 Middlesboro (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

3 - Cesc Fabregas; Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn Rovers (correctly answered by c1982).

4 - Emmanuel Adebayor; Spurs 5-0 Newcastle United (correctly answered by GoodisonRoad).

Edited by Zoo