IGNORED

Questions from a Spurs Supporter

BigDub

Hello all, I am here from the Spurs forum www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv hoping to gain an Everton perspective on our upcoming match. Would you all be willing to answer some questions that I can post back at our site with the hope of sparking some interesting pre-match banter? Thank you in advance for any answers you may submit. I am looking forward to a competitive, entertaining match this weekend. Should be a great one. Thanks again!

1. How has the season gone thus far for Everton? Has the team lived up to expectations?
  2. How are things going with Moyes? Is he still doing the job? Are you worried about losing him in the near future?
  3. What are your thoughts on Saha moving to Tottenham? Could he still have done a job for Everton or was it best to get him out?
  4. What do you think about Pienaar’s time at Tottenham? Do you think he will sign permanently for Everton and for how much?
  5. Is Drenthe a player you would like to see Everton sign permanently? If so, do you think this is a possibility?
  6. How far can you go with your current squad? What are some realistic expectations?
  7. What is your opinion on Harry Redknapp? Should he be the next England manager?
  8. What Spurs player do you view as the biggest threat to Everton gaining points this weekend?
  9. How would you like to see Everton line up for this one?
  10. What is your prediction for the match?

My apologies if I have posted this is the wrong place.

Hello

1. So far the season has been quite disappointing, we have picked up recently, but for the majority we have been far too negative in games against teams much lower down like Wigan and QPR, we have a tough couple of weeks coming up and we will have a better idea after that.

2. Moyes is starting to split opinion somewhat, their is a school of thought that says maybe he has run out of ideas, and another that says he is still the right man to guide the club forward. He could certainly do with being a bit more attack minded in certain games, and he does make some odd substitutions at times, I think until he does, he won't ever be offered one of the 'big' jobs.

3. Saha needed the move, he was finished with us, he has scored some good goals, but he was looking lost at times, and i don't think our style of play ever really suited his game tbh.

4. Pienaar's time at Spurs was odd, i don't begrudge him the move but it was doomed from the start imo, thankfully we have him back for a while, i don't think Baines was ever the same since he left, hopefully we can get him for £2-3m

5. Haha, Drenthe my favourite subject, well most of my fellow TTers will sing the praises of Royston, however im not 100% convinced. He has scored goals, and he has got assists, BUT he gives the ball away a lot, and he also often just runs into people. However i am realistic and i think if we don't sign a genuine player who can go past people like that, then Moyes needs his head read.

6. With the current squad not much further, most of them are coming to the end of their careers now, Distin,Cahill,Neville, then the likes of Hibbert,Jags and Osman are all around the age of 30, and as many know, we are completely skint until Blue Bill decides to sell the EFC train set.

7. I've never been a huge fan of Harry's tbh, but i do think he would make a good England manager, however im not sure he will take the job.

8. Modric, when he is on his game, he is just unstoppable he just fires off passes everywhere, thats a new concept to us, we are used to Phil Neville's hollywood hoofball passing.

9. Not the way that another TT member suggested we might do on the matchday thread, that was just frightening: Howard,Neville,Jagielka,Distin,Baines

Coleman,Heitinga,Fellaini,Osman,Cahill,Straq that gives me nightmares, we need at least Drenthe in it.

10. 2-2

1) The season has been a little dissapointing but I get the feeling that we are about to turn a corner. We always seem to start a campaign really badly and finish it well, I believe that if we played the full season like we did the back end we would be a regular Top 4 finisher, sadly that isn't the case.

2) Moyes is doing a good job IMO and he has taken us in the right direction as a football club. Some of his decisions though are questionable and that is why if he was to leave I woulden't be heart-broken. My only worry would be Moyes going and us bringing in someone completely useless - (i.e. - Steve Bruce).

3) Selling him was one of the best things this club has ever done. He was beyond useless and I would have actually paid to have him shipped out - one of the worst players I've seen in an Everton shirt.

4) Pienaar had a bad time at Spurs and I believe that is down to the talent you already have in his position. It's so hard to go into a new team and knock world-class players off their perch. It's like a decent striker trying to break into the Barcelona team - they are still top class but compared to what players are already there they will never ever get a game. I believe that Pienaar will re-sign for Everton at the end of this season as I believe Tottenham don't want him and Everton really do - I doubt he would come for much.

5) I would, his spark makes me excited and I love him as a player and a person. He is someone that could take this club forward and I believe that it would be a tragedy not to have him snapped up permanantly. I do believe it's a possibility too, I believe he will play for Feyernoord but that will come later in his career.

6) I believe Everton can turn into a regular face in European football and I believe that in the next 5 years we will have some silverware; FA, Carling Cup or the Europa League. For the likes of the Champions League and Premiership we need investment, the budget we have is not enough to challenge Barcelona and Manchester City.

7) I think he's a bellend - but a great manager. I would like to see him as the England manager because I think he would do well at it and take us far in Euro 2012 & World Cup 2014 it's just that as a person I stuggle to get excited over him. (Sorry).

8) Gareth Bale. I'd pay an arm and leg just to have him on loan for us, he's exceptional.

9) I dont care so long as we don't put out two DM's and have Heitinga in midfield.

10) 17-0 to Everton. No - on a serious note I believe that it will be a really tight match and one which is very hard to predict. I'll be optemistic and back my own club, 1-0 to Everton.

Edited by Zoo

• How has the season gone thus far for Everton? Has the team lived up to expectations?
  • Not as good as I had hoped but better than I feared. The team is doing what it can.
  • How are things going with Moyes? Is he still doing the job? Are you worried about losing him in the near future?
  • Not worried about losing him at the moment. He will leave one day but not until he has won something with us I hope. He is doing a good job with what he has available. Not great perhaps but good.
  • What are your thoughts on Saha moving to Tottenham? Could he still have done a job for Everton or was it best to get him out?
  • He became lackadaisical and lazy here. He needed a second striker alongside him to get the best out of him.
  • What do you think about Pienaar’s time at Tottenham? Do you think he will sign permanently for Everton and for how much?
  • He does a good job for Everton, always did. I would like to see him sign permanently. Hopefully for the same or less than we sold him to you for.
  • Is Drenthe a player you would like to see Everton sign permanently? If so, do you think this is a possibility?
  • He is exciting but a little indisciplined. He can be great or he can cost you a game. So far he has done pretty well and he does get the crowd going. Be nice to get him permanently and knock the rough edges off.
  • How far can you go with your current squad? What are some realistic expectations?
  • Cup wins, maybe European qualification. (Not sure if we can manage Europe this season but it would be nice)
  • What is your opinion on Harry Redknapp? Should he be the next England manager?
  • He is a good manager to the team he manages. (Portsmouth etc before Spurs) Not sure about as England manager as that is a different kettle of fish. I don't particularly like him as a person though. But then I have never met the guy.
  • What Spurs player do you view as the biggest threat to Everton gaining points this weekend?
  • Is VdV playing?
  • How would you like to see Everton line up for this one?
  • 5-3-2
  • What is your prediction for the match?
  • Spurs will win.I think. but not by much. 2 - 1??

• How has the season gone thus far for Everton? Has the team lived up to expectations?

• We probably havent lived up to many fans expectations but losing key players like Arteta and Pienaar, obviously the latter just coming back on loan, weakened the side, not having a striker who can bag you thouse 15+ goals is key to why our season is currently quite disapointing. On the flip side we are now only 3 points off 8th place and into the quarter finals of the F.A Cup so all is not tooo bad.

• How are things going with Moyes? Is he still doing the job? Are you worried about losing him in the near future?

• Yes he's still doing his job, he's been great for the club, what annoys many fans is his stubborness to play a certain formation in nearly every match regardless of opposition... I'm not worried we will lose him to be honest, he is paid and respected well at the club, 10 years in charge next week is such an achievement in the premier league, something all of us are proud of.

• What are your thoughts on Saha moving to Tottenham? Could he still have done a job for Everton or was it best to get him out?

• He went stale at Everton to be fair. Looking at some of the game he has played for Spurs though he looks exactly the same as he did for us but he's got goals, i think the way Spurs play fast attacking football has suited him. Best of luck to him.

• What do you think about Pienaar’s time at Tottenham? Do you think he will sign permanently for Everton and for how much?

• Pienaars a strange one i think. I mean he's a top drawer player in my opinion, no doubt about that, he was always going to struggle getting in ahead of Bale,. but what i thought was strange was the fact i heard Kranjcar was ahead of him to int he pecking order, something i would totally disagree with. He also had his injuries with your lot... I hope he resigns, how much though, i wouldnt know !

• Is Drenthe a player you would like to see Everton sign permanently? If so, do you think this is a possibility?

• Tracking back he can be a bit silly, going forward , brilliant, might lose the ball a lot, but thats because hes trying to start and make attacks, something that hasnt always been the case with our team int he past. I'm not sure if i would want him permantely, to me, he's an impact player.

• How far can you go with your current squad? What are some realistic expectations?

• Current squad, i would like europa League football, perfectly capable of that, i think 7th place might seal the deal this year, not sure?

• What is your opinion on Harry Redknapp? Should he be the next England manager?

• he's english, why not? Top manager always has been, people say he has great man management skills too

• What Spurs player do you view as the biggest threat to Everton gaining points this weekend?

• Most of your squad ! If Van der Vaart plays, him, saha, Adebayor, Bale etc etc .. Also Friedl, top goalkeeper !

• id love to see an attacking 433 formation with our full backs also bombing on and scaring the living daylights out of you, but thats me and it won't happen. Moyes will play 451 and go for two defensive mids at home as he loves doing it so much.

• 1-1 Distin and Van Der Vaart

We started off quite badly (as usual) but have started to pick up a bit of form. Still struggling to gain confidence against smaller sides but we love facing the big boys so don't get too complacent!

Moyes is a bit marmite amongst some fans at the moment. He's respected by every Blue nose though for the job what he's done here and the loyalty to the club. However, sometimes we just want to see a 4-4-2 on the field, which is why he's a bit marmite, hes very cautious and not a huge risk taker. I dont think Moyes will leave until he wins a trophy for Everton, he's a bit of a workaholic too!

IMO I think Saha needed a move away. I think he was finding it difficult to score up top on his own and eventually ran out of confidence and idea's for us. He can be quite hard on himself if he dosn't score with a shot, you can see it in his face. Top quality striker though, as you may have noticed! Also, I think Adebayor loves to play along side him. We still need to see what Jelavic could do, you never know, we might have unearthed a gem for the prem!

I dont think Nuts got the chance he deserved, I think he's a quality, quality player. However, I think Baines brings out the best in Pienaar, which is why I think he'll be coming back to Goodison Park. For how much? I wouldnt be able to say, I think he will have a word if the fee is too high but then again Redknapp will know what Evertons finances are like so I dont think he would push the fee too high for Pienaars sake.

Absolutely. I think Moyes' will sign him. He'd be stupid not to with the assists and goals he's brought to the side this season. He's the only player that brings a bit of flair to the squad.

Europe. Although not everybody will agree with me. If not this season then next.

I really hope he gets the job. I am a big admirer of Redknapp and wanted him to get the job before Capello did. It will be a big blow for you if he takes it though, the Spurs players seem to love him.

Van Der Vaart or Bale. Although, I'd like to ask you a question, do you think Bale will be at Spurs next year?

Id like to see 4-4-2 because Pienaar is out. Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Drenthe, Coleman, Straq, Jelavic. It won't happen though, I think a 4-5-1 is in order.

I think it will end all square. 1-1.