IGNORED

Christian Atsu

Sounds like what we need though. Pacey, direct, tricky, exciting. Imagine him on one wing and mirallas on the other. Coleman and Bainsey behind them as well. Felli and Gibson to keep things tidy in the middle. Buy a prolific striker and an attacking midfielder. Quality centre back with Jags and that's some team. I know i'm in cuckoo land though, there's no way we'll have money again this summer. Had enough of this being skint business. About bloody time we got some money. While hearing this guy's name it reminded me of another similar type player. Eljero Elia's at Werder Bremen these days and only made 21 appearances. Worth a punt?

Sounds like what we need though. Pacey, direct, tricky, exciting. Imagine him on one wing and mirallas on the other. Coleman and Bainsey behind them as well. Felli and Gibson to keep things tidy in the middle. Buy a prolific striker and an attacking midfielder. Quality centre back with Jags and that's some team. I know i'm in cuckoo land though, there's no way we'll have money again this summer. Had enough of this being skint business. About bloody time we got some money. While hearing this guy's name it reminded me of another similar type player. Eljero Elia's at Werder Bremen these days and only made 21 appearances. Worth a punt?

Elia is better than Atsu and probably worth 4-5 times as much. Would love him here but probably not an option.

We will have money to spend in the summer. And not just because we are selling Fellaini. (yes he is going, no doubt in my mind) we will have around 30 mil i reckon. Should be enough for Pereira or Martinez to bring in some players. McCarthy would be my first buy. I would deffo have a look at Atsu at 3 mil to.

Edited by Peter H

Elia cost Bremen 5.5 million euros. Surely he'd be available for around this price again. McCarthy would be good. In an ideal world I would love Fellaini to stay and play him as a centre midfielder where he is an absolute beast rather than behind the striker.

Elia cost Bremen 5.5 million euros. Surely he'd be available for around this price again. McCarthy would be good. In an ideal world I would love Fellaini to stay and play him as a centre midfielder where he is an absolute beast rather than behind the striker.

Wasnt he on an outgoing contract when they bought him? Hence the price?

Elia is a brainless idiot though. Werder Bremen suspended him for the rest of the season in april after he was arrested for speeding at three at night and disrespecting police officers. A couple of weeks later he crashed his Bentley. He hasn't been living up to expectations on the pitch either.

• 1 month later...

Skysports reporting that Porto is ready to listen to offers regarding Atsu. Apparently Tottenham and Everton interested.

What I read today in the Portuguese websites was that they won't let him go cheaply, even with him refusing to sign a new contract. Porto prefer to let him rot in the reserves for a season. They've rejected a 4 million Euro offer from the redshite.

Of course they will sell if offered a decent amount, and I reckon it'll probably take 8-9 million Euro. But I'm not sure I want him at Everton after his attitude over the last few weeks.

Edited by Fearthainn

• 4 weeks later...

I am not convinced. I don't think he looks all that special. Yes 1 million seems like a low enough sum of money. But on top of that is his wages and I think he will end up as a bench warmer or in the reserves. That makes him expensive.

At the bare minimum, he'd be a much better alternative/cover to Mirallas and Pienaar than Gueye is.

• 2 weeks later...