IGNORED

Christian Atsu

I read yesterday that the hold-up is that the clubs can't agree on who pays his wages if he's called up for the ACON, but today's Daily Mail says the point of disagreement is that Chelsea want guarantees about the amount of football he'll get, which we're not prepared to give (quite right too):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2715460/Christian-Atsu-s-loan-Everton-hits-snag-Chelsea-Chelsea-want-assurances-winger-play.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

If that's the case then it must've been bullshit that there was a fee agreed for the end of the loan, because it sounds as though they want him out on loan to bring him back into their side.

Atsu would have had a similar role to Gerry. Where he could have been an impact player coming off the bench. Atsu wasn't going to start ahead of Mirallas or Pienaar. Even McGeady for that matter. Atsu would have been good to come on late in the second half. His pace would have gave defenders a problem but not to ar$ed if this doesn't come through, we will find somebody else.

Guest blueboy122

I was quite excited about him joining personally.

Someone mentioned Johnson in another thread. I think we should go and get him. Adam Johnson looks a real player on his day and think he could develop into a top top player under the guidance of Roberto.

Atsu would have had a similar role to Gerry. Where he could have been an impact player coming off the bench. Atsu wasn't going to start ahead of Mirallas or Pienaar. Even McGeady for that matter. Atsu would have been good to come on late in the second half. His pace would have gave defenders a problem but not to ar$ed if this doesn't come through, we will find somebody else.

I think McGeady is ahead of Pienaar.

If mcgeady could put in 70 mins of the play he had in the last ten mins against Porto then he would be a success.

However if he played like the first 80 then he will be sold January.

Said it from the start 20 minute player... That's not good enough

i also think mgeady is ahead of pienaar. steven slows play down too much. Very intelligent player but just think mgeady is unique in the PL. Not many wingers left that stand in front of the full back and so easily bypasses them. Will have a good season I think given the chance.

I'd agree for the most part, but thinking Pienaar should be competition now for that behind-the-striker role alongside Naismith and Barkley

Pienaar was shit against Porto as well. Really don't think he's going to be anywhere near the player we've seen in recent years tbh.

I don't think anything can be read into pre-season games. Players want to avoid injury and get through games - it's a fitness/sharpness exercise. Porto were clearly further through their pre-season with an upcoming champs league qualifier for them.

I don't think anything can be read into pre-season games. Players want to avoid injury and get through games - it's a fitness/sharpness exercise. Porto were clearly further through their pre-season with an upcoming champs league qualifier for them.

I thought it last season as well. Think he's fell off the edge of a cliff in terms of effectiveness.

Exactly, nothing can be really be said about the pre-season games! Pienaar will start for Everton come the start of the season. Lamela from Spurs has had an outstanding pre-season, doesn't mean he will cut it in the premier league.

Anyway going back on to the discussion at hand....

I can see Atsu going somewhere like Villa or West Ham. They have been linked with him and Villa need a winger with pace, someone who can keep up with Agbonlahor and big Benteke. At a team like Villa, Lambert could guarantee him games. At Everton all we can offer him is a impact sub.

Edited by bluenosetoffee

Guest blueboy122

I am desperate for us to get Milner. Such a versatile player and would form a great partnership down the left with Baines as Milner will defend enabling use to utilise Baines more. Milner also has lots of experience and already knows a lot of our boys from England.

No brainier to me.

I am desperate for us to get Milner. Such a versatile player and would form a great partnership down the left with Baines as Milner will defend enabling use to utilise Baines more. Milner also has lots of experience and already knows a lot of our boys from England.

No brainier to me.

Agreed, I'd throw what cash we have left at him

Guest blueboy122

Milner is a solid player, but I would still like to see someone with a bit more creativity. Someone who can manuever up the pitch and work in tight spaces.

Milner can do that he has got great footwork.

He just doesn't come with that whole 'hands on hips I'm not defending I do step overs' attitude.