IGNORED

Christian Atsu

Wait a minute has he even had permission to join Chelsea? Maybe that's part of the reason why he was loaned out last season?

They did the same with Alex from PSV didn't they?

Very good point, but I cant see anything implying he didnt get one for Chelsea.

Just found this, no idea if its a reliable source or not though

http://theprideoflondon.com/2014/06/29/chelsea-fc-christian-atsu-returning-vitesse-arnhem-next-season/

n terms of his loan options, his standing with Ghana will allow him to get a work permit in England if the club so chooses but he can also make a loan move in the Bundesliga. His former coach believes half of each league is chasing the youngster and there is probably some truth to that after the year that Atsu has had.

I understand. I'm not concerned about him getting a permit. I'm just trying to understand the concept.

This is a good article on the work permit system - why England established such rules, how the system works (and sometimes doesn't work), the factors that are examined during the appeals process (when necessary), and of course the ways that clubs try to get around the criteria. Some good stats too (I found the graph showing how many players each EPL club loaned out to other clubs last season especially interesting).

http://www.lawinsport.com/articles/competition-law/item/delayed-entry-the-fa-s-highest-calibre-standard-for-non-eu-footballers

"I wont talk about players who are at other clubs"

"We have a deal in principle for the player"

• Everton have an "agreement in principle" to sign Chelseawinger Christian Atsu on a season-long loan, says Roberto Martinez. (Liverpool Echo)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-agree-principle-sign-7600046

Am I being to cynical or is that hypocritical? Or is it ok because everything is more or less finalized?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-agree-principle-sign-7600046

Am I being to cynical or is that hypocritical? Or is it ok because everything is more or less finalized?

I would say he doesn't "talk about players at other clubs", because it's disrespectful to those clubs to stir the pot and cause problems by making your interest public. But, if the player and club have already been involved in securing a deal, then it's not as if he's doing anything to upset the dressing room at a club.

I would say he doesn't "talk about players at other clubs", because it's disrespectful to those clubs to stir the pot and cause problems by making your interest public. But, if the player and club have already been involved in securing a deal, then it's not as if he's doing anything to upset the dressing room at a club.

Would he be upsetting the dressing room at Chelsea if he was to say he wanted Atsu though? I couldn't see that causing much disruption for the first team..

Would he be upsetting the dressing room at Chelsea if he was to say he wanted Atsu though? I couldn't see that causing much disruption for the first team..

Maybe not in this specific instance. But, why go against your principles and simultaneously sour your reputation and relationships with other clubs for a bit part player?

To be fair Matt, I think this is all but done (work permit permitting) Chelsea have said yes and so have we. It 's a different beast entirely.

When he says he doesn't talk about other clubs players I think he means if we're trying to buy or are interested in a player and nothing has been agreed yet.

9:18

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ at the official launch of the Premier League season, Everton boss Roberto Martinez has confirmed that a Chelsea's Ghana winger Christian Atsu is set to come in this week on a season-long loan deal.

We're very close to announcing a new signing.
It has been an open secret for the past few days but we expect Christian Atsu to join us tomorrow.
The deal is done with Chelse

According to a Vitesse fan who has seen him playing all last season, his pace isn't nearly his best quality, which is what most Everton fans online seem to be thinking.

He says he mainly played on the left of a three man midfield and on the right wing and that he particularly excelled on the right wing from where he can come inside on his left foot and try to link up. Says he's got very good close control which allows him to shine when space is limited. Says his pace is rather average, no Walcott or Lennon. Says that what needs work is his crossing (despite his inswinging corners being very good generally) and decision making as he has a tendency to shoot when there might be better options.