Vaunt the Good Vibes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just watching (at my brother's suggestion) the 2017 film How The Beatles Changed the World and about seven minutes in they're talking about the UK music scene in early sixties in general and this phot

My daughter Eden was born today. 8 lbs 2 oz and 19.5 inches tall. I'm blessed!

Proud to say for the first time in my life I am a home owner.  Closed today and moving in as commenced.  Not sure if I’ll see the match tomorrow due to it.   very excited

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Got a job offer, remote working but based on the UK. Means leaving our home of the last 8+ years and a place we love in Switzerland, but moving to be closer to family and the jobs going to be really interesting. They basically made exceptions to get me and it’s been 4 weeks from first call to contract being presented. 

wow, great to feel wanted and excited about your work.  i'm happy for you matt.  looking forward to hearing about your first trip back to goodison

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

Got a job offer, remote working but based on the UK. Means leaving our home of the last 8+ years and a place we love in Switzerland, but moving to be closer to family and the jobs going to be really interesting. They basically made exceptions to get me and it’s been 4 weeks from first call to contract being presented. 

Great news Matt and good luck 🤞 with the move. 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Matt said:

Something else happened back in October; I stopped several bad habits. Today is day 101 of not drinking, and 50 for a couple of others :) 

Well done mate, I had my last drink just before last Christmas so done over a year.   I had some ace times on it but as I got older and life hits you harder I found it was a major depressant and something that became more medicational for stress.  We have 2 babies and I thought "wtf are you doing"

It's fine when you are young and all that,but for me I started to notice things I didn't like about my habits and how down I would get after a weekend. 

If truth be told I had been an occasional drinker from the end of 2016... I really just don't miss it now. Better Mental clarity, mood, energy, sleep, money, health, self esteem, productivity in work, stress management...... So many benefits.

I wish I was the type of person to have 2 and not want more but that is not my personality in anything.... If eat chocolate I clear out the cupboards, if I lift weights I am going full on..... giving up ale is a gift to yourself. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Well done mate, I had my last drink just before last Christmas so done over a year.   I had some ace times on it but as I got older and life hits you harder I found it was a major depressant and something that became more medicational for stress.  We have 2 babies and I thought "wtf are you doing"

It's fine when you are young and all that,but for me I started to notice things I didn't like about my habits and how down I would get after a weekend. 

If truth be told I had been an occasional drinker from the end of 2016... I really just don't miss it now. Better Mental clarity, mood, energy, sleep, money, health, self esteem, productivity in work, stress management...... So many benefits.

I wish I was the type of person to have 2 and not want more but that is not my personality in anything.... If eat chocolate I clear out the cupboards, if I lift weights I am going full on..... giving up ale is a gift to yourself. 

I did fifteen+ years 1994 to 2009, you're a pair of lightweights:P

Post again in 2035 then I'll be impressed:otvwhistle:

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

15 years... Great effort.  I bet if you look back at those 15 years they were highly productive/proud times. 

Were indeed, got me a wife and family above all else, was never going to achieve that as I was.

Four months without a drink now as well....but that's not through choice:unsure: