Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Has there been an update? When I go to the unread content section, I usually use the condensed view rather than expanded. But now “condensed” is not doing anything and always in extended view (which is driving me nuts). Anyone else having this?

 

Not since 13th Dec.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

There's another update available Matt, maybe they've fixed it....

"This is a maintenance release to fix bug reports since 4.4.9.1."

I'll install it at 7.00pm UK so site will be down for a few minutes everybody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

There's another update available Matt, maybe they've fixed it....

"This is a maintenance release to fix bug reports since 4.4.9.1."

I'll install it at 7.00pm UK so site will be down for a few minutes everybody.

Seems fixed now, thanks man 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Bill said:

Got an error message most of the morning so unable to get on site.  Was the direct debit a bit late going in for this month.

No Bill it was a server error, I submitted a support request and it was sorted within half an hour; unfortunately, what with it being the bosses birthday I didn't notice it that early.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Had another glitch in the works there for a few minutes, sorry if anyone lost what they were posting.

I still have a Toffeetalk emergency thread on my forum and its there to be used if  TT goes down for any length of time, fortunately we only ever used it once because  its  is usually only down for a short time.

But its there if its ever needed.  👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve been locked out 4-5 times since about 9am with 504 timed out and and access problems with the site. 

As far as I know it was playing up for a couple of hours this morning and then briefly later in the afternoon (unless anyone knows different), seems OK now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

As far as I know it was playing up for a couple of hours this morning and then briefly later in the afternoon (unless anyone knows different), seems OK now.

All seems well now 👍, to be honest I thought it was my end living in the sticks I get a poor service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Dementia?

Yeah you might think so but the forum shows there is a new post in there but I can never find one. Has somebody moved a post to a different thread and I'm not seeing it. Its annoying when you wait five minutes for all the adverts to load up and then discover that there isn't a post after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah you might think so but the forum shows there is a new post in there but I can never find one. Has somebody moved a post to a different thread and I'm not seeing it. Its annoying when you wait five minutes for all the adverts to load up and then discover that there isn't a post after all.

Is there really that many adverts? Shouldn’t slow it down that much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill said:

Its now nine o'clock and Off Topic is telling me that a new post from Holystove went in an hour ago, I go to look and there's nothing there. 

You got the topics hidden? Sometimes it shows unread content in one of the sub forums but I don’t see it. I regularly mark the whole forum as read just in case, but also use the unread content search as a default 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

I’m still having problems since the new changes of not being able to see notifications or send or receive PMs, I have tried the suggestions offered which was to change search engine and clear cache, but they have made no difference. 
This is very much spoiling my enjoyment of the site, does anyone have any further suggestions? would be much appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I’m still having problems since the new changes of not being able to see notifications or send or receive PMs, I have tried the suggestions offered which was to change search engine and clear cache, but they have made no difference. 
This is very much spoiling my enjoyment of the site, does anyone have any further suggestions? would be much appreciated. 

Not understanding the problem Palfy mate, the notification icons are still where they've always been, less distinct admittedly but still there. Is anyone else having the same problem?

 

Capture.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not understanding the problem Palfy mate, the notification icons are still where they've always been, less distinct admittedly but still there. Is anyone else having the same problem?

 

Capture.JPG

Mike I’m going to email you over what I have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not understanding the problem Palfy mate, the notification icons are still where they've always been, less distinct admittedly but still there. Is anyone else having the same problem?

 

Capture.JPG

We could really do with @Louis having a play around in the control panel. 
The mobile version doesn’t show all of these icons anymore. 
 

Must admit though, the layout looks really good on Safari on my iPad. 
The logo needs to be bigger though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all - there's a site upgrade available. I'm trying to contact Invision too, but who knows how long it will take them to reply. I will try it in the coming days unless there are objections but there's no information on how long it takes or whether or not it will resolve the current display issues for users. I know that for me something changed again within the last few days and the display got even more unmanageable. 

I update the main logo size too, hopefully it looks a bit cleaner now? And I've activated the ignore functionality for threads and the member map is back.

Can you let me know please because the last thing I want to do is make it worse for others. Plus, it helps me understand what changes I'm making that are working so I can keep on top of any issues in future.

thanks all

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Awful as is I can’t even reply on my computer phone is the k my one it works on.  Upgrade away hopefully it fixed the bugs

OK, it can't be worse than it currently is. 

 

I will start the upgrade at 20:00 / 8PM GMT and hope it doesn't break anything. Give people a heads up and time to reply. Its a x.x.3 patch (micro patch) so can't imagine there's anything massively dangerous about it

Link to post
Share on other sites

It has taken me back to where I was a few days ago, the last couple of days had been quite strange, with text not fitting in the page and 50% of the last posters name cut off on an angle from top to bottom and the time of their post missing, I still can’t see a notification of anyone who has responded to my post, or any PMs which I have to access through my email account, not that I’m bothered I only got abuse anyway😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It has taken me back to where I was a few days ago, the last couple of days had been quite strange, with text not fitting in the page and 50% of the last posters name cut off on an angle from top to bottom and the time of their post missing, I still can’t see a notification of anyone who has responded to my post, or any PMs which I have to access through my email account, not that I’m bothered I only got abuse anyway😉

I can’t either on my phone. I’ll open a new ticket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...