IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Yes he offers them a selfish striker who can't finish. Adevayor is past his prime, but unlike eto'o he was never world class.

He is also very clever, experienced and can occupy 2 players with his physical presence. I agree he was never world class, but he won't be bullied either and may be thats the concern with Kane

Harry Kane has 9 goals this season. Impressive, clearly moved on from the international competition (u21 WC or Euros, can't remember) where he couldn't hit a barn door a couple of years ago

Still inconsistent though. Watched the game. One minute productive, the other, absolute garbage.

If he can iron the silly things out, he'll be a good player, at present he's a turtle head.

Guest millwallforever

Diego Costa...what a player. He terrorised them.

Forest a goal down...Stuart Pearce: clueless as ever.

Edited by millwallforever

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29907064

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but my hometown Warrington (non-league and lowest ranked in competition) won in the first round of the FA cup against Exeter (League 2). I went a long to the game and it was a great turn out (2,500 official attendance) especially considering its a big Rugby town.

I got tickets through a mate of mine who plays for the youth team. The youth team were asked to steward the game and had the un-enviable task of keeping grown men from jumping the fence at the back to get in :lol: Great atmosphere and a great F.A cup tie! :)

Their manager is also Peter Reid's brother and i believe the goal scorer Robinson is the brother of MK Dons manager Karl Robinson.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29907064

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but my hometown Warrington (non-league) won in the first round of the FA cup against Exeter. I went a long to the game and it was a great turn out (2,500) especially considering its a big Rugby town.

I got tickets through a mate of mine who plays for the youth team. The youth team were asked to steward the game and had the un-enviable task of keeping grown men from jumping the fence at the back to get in :lol: Great atmosphere and a great F.A cup tie! :)

Watched it and enjoyed a lot, brilliant to see the underdogs win, specially when they were all cramped to shit after sixty minutes. My lad's at college in Exeter so he's looking forward to winding a few locals up on Monday :P. Hope you get a good draw in the second round.

Watched it and enjoyed a lot, brilliant to see the underdogs win, specially when they were all cramped to shit after sixty minutes. My lad's at college in Exeter so he's looking forward to winding a few locals up on Monday :P. Hope you get a good draw in the second round.

That did make me laugh. They were all asking the Ref how long was left about 10 minutes before the end, reminded me of my Sunday league days! :lol: We spoke to a couple of the Exeter fans and there was a few to be fair, considering the 7 hour drive some of them had, I did feel sorry for them!

Where i was sat, we were told we had to leave a seat for the Referee's assessor but he had brought his Grandson so had to be seated elsewhere :lol:

Apparently the TV money alone was equivalent to 4 years revenue for the club, so made up they got a win as well! hopefully a good draw next round and we play them in the 3rd! :P

Greece have gone from being champions of Europe ten tears ago to losing at home to the Faroe Islands with fifteen minutes left. No parking the bus job by the Faroes either (though it's very possible they have a bus driver playing for them), they've had more goal attempts than Greece (11/10). Could be the end for Ranieri.

they were seriously lucky to win the Euros in 2004, I'm honestly not surprised. They've been awful for as long as I remember

Greece have gone from being champions of Europe ten tears ago to losing at home to the Faroe Islands with fifteen minutes left. No parking the bus job by the Faroes either (though it's very possible they have a bus driver playing for them), they've had more goal attempts than Greece (11/10). Could be the end for Ranieri.

And they did it. Extraordinary. One of the biggest upsets in recent times.

Guest blueboy122

Kept an eye on McGeady tonight. Looks very sharp as did Naismith.

Spikey the two of them, all good though. Got to say, McGeady looks like he's gonna be very good soon.

That's a jibe at Lukaku!

Seriously you've got a problem

:lol:

they were seriously lucky to win the Euros in 2004, I'm honestly not surprised. They've been awful for as long as I remember

I don't think you can win a tournament of that magnitude purely by luck; they had a very well organised defence and players who could score on the break (common tactic in todays' game). Not the prettiest team ever but they played to their strengths and deserved to win it. We went to Greece in 2004 later in the year and Josh got a (fake) Zagoragis shirt :).

i didn't see the matches today, had to work (sucks i know). how did the rest of the lads do, gibson, coleman, naisy, etc.?

Naismith - was very good.

McGeady - In Andrew Robertson's back pocket, probably still in it.

Coleman - defended well but didn't get much chance to attack because of Anya

Gibson - meh

In review my question would be why did Martinez not go for Robertson even knowing he was that good.

could have been 3-4 too scotland if the finishing was better, ireland played hoofball most the time, expected that.

Kept an eye on McGeady tonight. Looks very sharp as did Naismith.

Spikey the two of them, all good though. Got to say, McGeady looks like he's gonna be very good soon.

McGeady - In Andrew Robertson's back pocket, probably still in it.

Slight difference of opinion :lol:.

Slight difference of opinion :lol:.

I thought he did look sharp. Blood and thunder type of game and he was in amongst it. Worked his line well especially defensively, unlucky not to score, great save by keeper.

He just looks that little bit quicker and dynamic every time I see him. I'll be honest, I thought he looked a disgrace when we signed him. he looks far more athletic and threatening.

There is a player in there, the fitter he gets the more we will see him.