IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Good point for Wales tonight; they may just qualify. Felt for them back in the days of Southall, Ratcliffe and "Dai" van den Hauwe when they always seemed to come up just short, be nice to see them make it finally (even without any Everton players).

Yer I have a soft spot for Wales. I think it stems from Southall and Ratcliffe tbh I'd like to see them do well.

Agreed it was a great point last night. They got absolutely battered as well :lol:

Phil Neville on MOTD2 thinks that all the teams below Chelsea, Southampton and City are playing for fourth place (with Newcastle favourites because they're on form).

If those are the top four at the end of the season I'll make the ultimate sacrifice; I pledge to watch five minutes of X Factor, or kill myself (second option would be easier).

Phil Neville on MOTD2 thinks that all the teams below Chelsea, Southampton and City are playing for fourth place (with Newcastle favourites because they're on form).

If those are the top four at the end of the season I'll make the ultimate sacrifice; I pledge to watch five minutes of X Factor, or kill myself (second option would be easier).

what an idiot. i don't know the future and am not a football expert, but 1/3 of the way through the season and the top 3 stand? soton hasn't played any of the big boys, i don't even think they'll be top 4 end of the year. newcastle? they've had a easy run of games, they'll collapse like always, they can't score goals.

it's wide open again this year, chelsea and city top 2, but other than that, it's up for grabs. arsenal not looking great (bar sanchez, what a signing he was) and united are so inconsistent. if we can kick on, top 4 is definitely in reach!

Phil Neville, just one seriously deluded idiot. Can't stand him really.

Me neither he was a shit footballer who made a career out of nothing (fair play to him) then came here and made out he was one of us then fucked off when his precious Utd came calling.

Looks like his punditery skills are as bad as his passing a football.

Me neither he was a shit footballer who made a career out of nothing (fair play to him) then came here and made out he was one of us then fucked off when his precious Utd came calling.

This is what irritates me about Neville, some fans can be bought in by a player who is technically very limited and offers very little to the team other than "professionalism" - he milks this for all its worth. The next thing you know he is making 5 yard passes and telling the recipient who he should pass it to. But hey - he is being a leader....

Phil Nevs guide to being a professional footballer despite not being that good:-

Be first in training and last out - be sure to shout at players who look to have a laugh every now and then. Put in a hard but fair tackle or two. Take the lads for stretching. Be the front of the queue on the jog round the field.

Do yoga - even if it doesn't do anything for you it sounds good and an intelligent way of prolonging the career

Look really serious at all times - even if you are 30 odd years old with highlights and a sunbed tan

Pick one of the youngest players in the team and make a point of pointing at him and shouting to show your authority - even if he is far better than you

When you play against your brother - pretend you don't know him and you want to kick him. Remember the fans will love all that.

Always stand up for the manager no matter how poor he is - he decides your future

This is what irritates me about Neville, some fans can be bought in by a player who is technically very limited and offers very little to the team other than "professionalism" - he milks this for all its worth. The next thing you know he is making 5 yard passes and telling the recipient who he should pass it to. But hey - he is being a leader....

Phil Nevs guide to being a professional footballer despite not being that good:-

Be first in training and last out - be sure to shout at players who look to have a laugh every now and then. Put in a hard but fair tackle or two. Take the lads for stretching. Be the front of the queue on the jog round the field.

Do yoga - even if it doesn't do anything for you it sounds good and an intelligent way of prolonging the career

Look really serious at all times - even if you are 30 odd years old with highlights and a sunbed tan

Pick one of the youngest players in the team and make a point of pointing at him and shouting to show your authority - even if he is far better than you

When you play against your brother - pretend you don't know him and you want to kick him. Remember the fans will love all that.

Always stand up for the manager no matter how poor he is - he decides your future

LOL

Would like to see Villa take something from the game v Southampton tonight; I sure Saints can't keep to the level they're at for the whole season but I'd like to see the wheels come off sooner rather than later.

Or they could just, with so many teams tripping over each other below them, do what we did in 04/05 and sneak fourth with a relatively low points total. They only need thirty-six more (from twenty-seven games) to match our total that season so only 1.33 points a game which could be done even stumbling along the way.

Too true!