General Weekend/Midweek Football

Man City playing some really good football in this game but Walker is terrible and Cancelo hasn't been good enough when stepping into midfield. 

Another big error that won't go down as an error by Ederson too. Son probably doesn't even shoot if he stays back and let's Cancelo recover. 

City should have scored a couple by now but Spurs look like they could cut them open on every attack. 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this comment on the BBC website: "If Southampton are to compete for a Champions League place then they really need to be beating these mid table sides."

Lets let him stay at old Trafford and develop for a year and then offer £10m plus Steven naismith... After all it's in the best interests of the player.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Man City playing some really good football in this game but Walker is terrible and Cancelo hasn't been good enough when stepping into midfield. 

Another big error that won't go down as an error by Ederson too. Son probably doesn't even shoot if he stays back and let's Cancelo recover. 

City should have scored a couple by now but Spurs look like they could cut them open on every attack. 

Kane has evolved his game very well.  His passing ability and awareness is top class.

Pisses me off with his cheating though. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Ederson just isn't a good goalkeeper.

Big rebuild of that side is needed, and you'd think Pep has been promised the money to do that and that's why he's signed the new contract.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ederson just isn't a good goalkeeper.

Big rebuild of that side is needed, and you'd think Pep has been promised the money to do that and that's why he's signed the new contract.

Crazy how much money they've spunked up the wall though, questions have surely got to be asked as to why a rebuild is needed with the amount of money they've spent (but they won't because it's a bottomless pit). 

I'm a massive fan of Guardiola, but I'm starting to have my doubts about what he can achieve with Manchester City, it would have been in everyone's best interest IMO to call it a day this summer and start from scratch. He created on of the best Premier League teams in history, but that was a good 18 months ago now.

Agree on Ederson too, they should be all over Donnarumma in the summer. 

10 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Crazy how much money they've spunked up the wall though, questions have surely got to be asked as to why a rebuild is needed with the amount of money they've spent (but they won't because it's a bottomless pit). 

I'm a massive fan of Guardiola, but I'm starting to have my doubts about what he can achieve with Manchester City, it would have been in everyone's best interest IMO to call it a day this summer and start from scratch. He created on of the best Premier League teams in history, but that was a good 18 months ago now.

In recent years City have been reluctant to spend big money, but then when they have they've spent it on players that aren't worth it. Just look at Ake for an example.

They need to spend on the best, not on on crap.

12 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It is all a bit strange. They have spent God knows how much on full backs and whilst Walker has been really good for them over the years, they still don't have a suitable back up and they don't have a left back. 

I also think some of their big players are going off the boil. KDB's defensive effort is getting worse with every game I see him, Sterling's form has fallen off a cliff. Its not going to be long until Aguero is past it either. Mahrez has his moments but he isnt consistent and he is fairly predictable. 

I do think Rodri is getting better and better and Torres looks like a player. I do think they will have enough cover at CB with the 4 they have and they do have other quality options in midfield. They still have a good side but I don't think they have players to play how Pep wants them to anymore, partly through how capable they are and partly through whether they have the desire to play that way. 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Maradona is the best footballer I've ever seen.  He was doing stuff that Messi does in an era where pitches were bumpy and defenders commited assault.

Sad news, I found it almost impossible to dislike him, he was a footballing hero. 

I didn't.

George Best died fifteen years ago today, that news made me sad.

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I didn't.

George Best died fifteen years ago today, that news made me sad.

I loved George best too even though he was before my time.

I like maverick footballers, you can almost accept their frailties as part of what makes them unique.... We are all humans.

Players like best, maradona, gazza played the game like it was their ball .... They would try and do stuff that others wouldn't. Maradona was a played who as a 9 year old wondered if Everton could sign.....  We got linked to Hagi and that was it after the ban. 

12 men Liverpool unlucky VAR helped Brighton get a fairer result. Robertson accidently kicked welbeck right in front of the ref but he didn't give it until var pulled it back. Ref also have a free kick and a yellow against Brighton that the shite scored from, luckily var reviewed and ruled it out for offside.

Phillips header should be looked at again. Nuts one of their players in the back of the head, didn't look like he was going for the ball.