IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/football-volunteers/runningaleague/~/media/f8e0de716dd94d569d803483281f9ebe.ashx

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/my-football-resources/respect/refereesguide.ashx

Page 15:

The captain takes responsibility Often problems start at matches when individual players are abusive towards the referee, which escalates into several players confronting the referee at the same time – then it’s anarchy. Respect aims to stop this cycle before it starts. Only the captain can challenge decisions made by the referee and the captain needs to manage his/her team to ensure this is always observed. However, this does not mean the referee can only speak to the captain. You remain free to talk to any player if this means you can manage the game better.

Only cherry picking here, not read both documents yet...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31844971

BBC Radio 5 live commentator Alan Green: "Never in a month of Sundays was this an acceptable game of football. I'm not defending any of these cretins out there who are behaving disgracefully."

BBC Radio 5 live presenter Mark Chapman: "They are all as bad as each other. I don't think these two sides are the only ones that do it. We see it week in week out."

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Mark Lawrenson: "Chelsea's reaction as a team almost seemed choreographed. It was as if someone pushed a button and said, 'Go and surround the referee'. I think Diego Costa ran 50 yards - what's it got to do with him?"

I wonder if their fans are embarrassed? They should be.

I think we are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum, far too sporting and soft. Don't get me wrong, I never want to see Everton players do what Chelsea players did, but the amount of times we just turn the other cheek is detrimental to us, the refs see us as a soft touch.

Any other player to approach the ref other than the Captain, "offender" and other Captain should be booked.

Funny the media didn't react like this when they did it against us :rolleyes:.

Everton are media whipping boys. Whether it be our latest talents being linked to Man United for £11m plus any of their rejects or whether it be us cancelling the official trip to a country 10 hours travelling away - they stick it to us.

Then that is just annoying. The FA is okay fining managers for speaking out against referees, why not fine them some more, since they love money so much.

It is not a clear cut rule. If it was "no one is allowed within 20ft of the ref directing comments" - otherwise its an instant booking, it would soon sort it out.

It is not a clear cut rule. If it was "no one is allowed within 20ft of the ref directing comments" - otherwise its an instant booking, it would soon sort it out.

I agree with you in that it should be a bookable offense. I mean, what are they all yelling at him that one person can't do?

"ref, ref, book him, ref, ref, ref"

It has to be intimidating to be surrounded by that.

I'm losing my fascination with the game because of all the bullshit that goes on now. I don't remember it being like this even 5 years ago... and I'm talking about everything -- the corruption, diving, whining, etc.

Maybe I'm just now starting to notice it.

Maybe, if the ref feels unduly intimidated, he could issue a yellow card to the entire team. That would soon put an end to it.

That actually sounds like a decent idea to me.

Don't know why FIFA stopped the idea of moving a free kick ten yards forward in the event of dissent either; their reasoning made no sense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2361805/FIFA-scrap-10-yard-rule.html

MInd you when did FIFA ever make any sense :dont know:.

MInd you when did FIFA ever make any sense :dont know:.

when they elected Blatter again. Wait....

When they chose Qatar for the summer competition of the World Cup. Wait....

When the non-profit organisation has a reserve of over 1bUSD. Wait....

When they pushed a law on Brazil, overruling a law preventing beer sales in stadiums (due to violence and deaths linked), as a prerequisite to hosting the WC. Wait....

....errrrrr

I'm losing my fascination with the game because of all the bullshit that goes on now. I don't remember it being like this even 5 years ago... and I'm talking about everything -- the corruption, diving, whining, etc.

Maybe I'm just now starting to notice it.

Sadly have to agree, we know as fans we pay too much, we know the players and their agents earn too much, we know the players will dive, play act, cheat etc......the 'Bullshit' as you cal it.

Who will be brave enough to stop the rot and return it to the beautiful game.

Sadly have to agree, we know as fans we pay too much, we know the players and their agents earn too much, we know the players will dive, play act, cheat etc......the 'Bullshit' as you cal it.

Who will be brave enough to stop the rot and return it to the beautiful game.

Too late for that..

It's way passed redemption.