IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

BBC

"Everton's Brendan Galloway is the fourth Zimbabwe-born player to feature in the Premier League. We will give you a Steven-Gerrard-sized party if you can name the other three without using Google."

Grobelaar was probably still around when it started so that would be one; except I have a feeling he was born in SA so I'm stumped :(.

Edit: Peter Ndlovu.

BBC again...

A festival of awfulness awaits...

QPR v Newcastle (15:00 BST)

A humbling stat for Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle fans - you are the worst two sided in the league in 2015.

A monstrous 19 points between you - 10 for the Magpies, nine for Rangers.

If you were a racehorse, you'd probably be running backwards after one too many Christmas carrots.

Bristol Rovers have "done a Holland" in the Conference play off final v Grimsby; changed the 'keeper in the last minute of extra time because the sub is supposedly better at saving penalties and it's going to a shoot-out, plus he used to play for Grimsby so knows the opposition. Interesting to see if it works.

Update: Rovers won but nothing to do with the 'keeper, eight out of nine scored and one skied over the bar.

Seems it worked with them winning 5-3

Sort of but as I updated in the last post the guy didn't make a save, they won due to a Grimsby player launching one into a different post code and scoring all of theirs.

Pleased really, my dad became a Rovers fan when he moved to Somerset in his later years so he'll be cheering....if Lucifer's given him some time off to watch that is :D.

There is an article in the current edition of Private Eye which states that - 'Roman Abramovich has passed the £1billion mark in the amount of money he has put into Chelsea Football Club. This is on the basis on 'interest free loans' which require 18 months notice of repayment.

What are the FFP rules on this?

I also wonder what will happen if Abramovich (or someone else) ever asks for the money back.

Talk about buying success!

I hope Rangers go up for their fans. I feel heart sorry for them they have been fucked over so bad by that club yet still turn up.

Season ticket sales were stolen on them and everything . The clubs run by vultures and crabs but the fans don't deserve whats happened to them.

I hope Rangers go up for their fans. I feel heart sorry for them they have been fucked over so bad by that club yet still turn up.

Season ticket sales were stolen on them and everything . The clubs run by vultures and crabs but the fans don't deserve whats happened to them.

I agree, and the old firm games do help generate a lot of money for the spl, but the club needs a redo and I think another year in championship, administration part 2 would clean house and get a decent owner in there.