IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

In one hour this could be it. Mous last match. I doubt it though. The shite been playing like crap I expect a dull 1-1 or 2-2 draw and klopp to continue "players are decent it will take time " aka imma get ride of 90% of these guys come the next window. And mourinho "2 pens not given, ref is a Liverpool player, even the scoreboard operator doesn't like us, it is fine we don't need anyone to like us"

Nope.

Can, coutinho, and lucas all should have been given 2 yellows by now. Equaliser was after thirty extra seconds of stoppage as well. Shocking how much clattenberg gets away with. Mourinho will be fuming post match, see another fine coming.

Audacious effort from Oscar 40 yards nearly caught mignolet off guard.

he's a good manager i can see him turning it around. there's not much to choose from really. moyes and rodgers said no, fat sam took sunderland, who's left?

He hasn't got good enough players.

Is Lerner likely to invest in Jan if he wants to sell? Difficult one because he'll have to drop his asking price substantially if they're in the Championship.

He hasn't got good enough players.

Is Lerner likely to invest in Jan if he wants to sell? Difficult one because he'll have to drop his asking price substantially if they're in the Championship.

great point mike. with that logic i'm guessing lerner will throw short term money at the team to stay up so he doesn't lost hundreds of millions by being relegated.

similar to fulham they are sold and then drop. bet the new owner wasn't real happy with that.

Villa are fucked. They look unsaveable.

This is hardly the sum of managerial experience you'd want from someone prepared to save a club being relegated would it? Hardly been there/done that....

"Lyon finished fourth, third and fifth in Ligue 1 under Garde and won the French Cup in 2012, but his importance is much more profound than league positions.

Having lost their way after seven successive title wins between 2002 and 2008, Garde's reign helped to drastically bring down the wage bill and introduce a new, young, motivated playing staff which are largely home grown.

Last season's Ligue 1 runners-up typically include up to eight graduates from their Tola Vologe academy in their starting XI, including Alexandre Lacazette, Samuel Umtiti and Anthony Lopes.

It is no exaggeration to say Lyon's side would look very different had Garde never been there. His confidence in youth was borne of knowledge, having been academy director before being appointed as head coach of the first team.

It was a perfect storm for the club's management, with Lyon suffering financially after years of wild spending under Garde's predecessor Puel.

So while a raft of top stars including Hugo Lloris, Lisandro Lopez and Michel Bastos were sold, Garde promoted youngsters. For example, after Lisandro left, the coach moved Lacazette from the wing back to his youth team position of centre-forward, beginning his journey to becoming last season's Ligue 1 leading scorer and player of the year."

my CL predictions for today (yes i realize they are mostly comedic as my accuracy is terrible).

Leverkusen over roma

barca over borisov

munich draw with arse

olympiakos over zagreb

kiev over chelsea (goals by yarmo)

porto over maccabi

valencia over gent

zenit over lyon

cut the laugh track

Arsenal will get pounded by BM.