IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Everytime I view this now, it literally translates as 'todays soccer action'. I cannot abide with the title.

It's an English forum not American Dalziel rolleyes.gif the word soccer should be banned from such places in My book!

Well so far so good from the shite two points from a possible twelve is good going biggrin.png hopefully We can get three points against Newcastle and sit nicely in third spot for the time being or second dependant on goals.

It's just shown highlights of the Barca and Madrid games on Skysports news and jesus that Barca kit is terrible!

Real Madrid lost biggrin.png.

Real Madrid were shite too, they were all over the place for the first goal and never really got into the game. Gonzalo Higuain should have been off the pitch too after kicking out on Navarro early on but the referee chose not to see it.

Barcelona played a lot better, Messi was rested up untl the 60th minute and even though his two goals were simple (penalty and a tap-in) it was amazing how he transformed the game. When Lionel came on there was only going to be one team in it - 8 points clear now for the Catalans.

So WBA beat liverpool, Everton and get a point away at Spurs........then lose 3-0 to Fulham!

Sunderland were terrible and still held liverpool......and Man City only got a point at Stoke!

Arsenal starting to look good and the mighty Saints who were unlucky against the two Manchester clubs were on the receiving end of the Gunners!

Are there any bankers in the prem any more?

Win Monday for Everton puts us 3rd!smile.png

I think it will be a hard game against Newcastle but I'm hoping that the chance of being 3rd will spur us into action at home and lead us on to victory. The Premier League really has started well so far because nobody is running away with it, Chelsea have dropped points and both Manchester teams are looking average, I think we could have an exciting campaign on our hands!

Spurs away kit is awful, but not as bad as Defoe, credit he has scored a goal, however he is the worst player on the park. Also Naughton looks nothing like the player motd make him out to be.

Reading look miles away from the team that gave Chelsea a game, and will be thankful Spurs have been rubbish otherwise this could have been very embarrassing.

Hopefully, both teams will come out and give a better performance in the second half as it has not been a good showcase for English footy this weekend so far.

I don't even know who is playing today, but I'm right in thinking it's some of the Sky 4 up against minnows or whipping boys and all round boring and predictable outcomes?... I still can't ascertain properly who is involved from previous responses and will not be listening in or watching highlights and may never find out what happened this weekend for soccer action. I think it's better that way. Monday is 'not weekend' incidentally, so may find some interest tomorrow. I hope Reading win in todays game, but won't be listening or giving todays soccer play any more thought I truly feel.

Alright, it appears it's Reading and Tottenham in action and the latter is about ready for a victory. Can't really be impartial about this as I would have wanted Reading for a success. Is this the only fixture today, or I'm thinking there could be another game about now or early evening?

If the only game, would it really be worth the BBC putting on that highlights show tonight, what I mean is, all the action from yesterday would have been featured last night and only one fixture on the sunday, and they bother to have another show for it? I said 'no more thought on todays games' but I'm my own worst enemy sometimes. The game must be over by now and it looks like Royals have themselves a defeat. It is a pity.

This is getting desperate but apparently there was a game in the championship league today and an all Midlands clash with Leicester City and Wolverhampton and the latter had a 2-1 success that takes them out of the drop zone and I was quite pleased with that, albeit on a very small scale, only because I think they're a decent club and it would be a shame to see them in the third division next season. I hope they can make their way back up the league.

There was no fixtures in the SPL today strangely enough.

This is classic peteO rofl.gif

It must be opposite Sunday again!!!

The man has no talent, positional sense is dreadful, one-footed, can't pass (so his link up play is terrible also), no accuracy in his shots he just swing his boot and hopes for the best, can't head the ball (probs due to his lack of positional awareness), his conversion rate from the spot is possibly the worst in football history.

He always ends up at the bottom of the pecking order for a reason. Put him in a less attacking team and he would never of made it in the prem.

....would it really be worth the BBC putting on that highlights show tonight, what I mean is, all the action from yesterday would have been featured last night and only one fixture on the sunday, and they bother to have another show for it?

They probably won't bother.....you're right, complete waste of time. Contractual obligation? Pah!

Having said that I like MOTD2....really don't want to sit through the extended highlights on Saturdays so the quick run through the goals/incidents suits me fine.

The man has no talent, positional sense is dreadful, one-footed, can't pass (so his link up play is terrible also), no accuracy in his shots he just swing his boot and hopes for the best, can't head the ball (probs due to his lack of positional awareness), his conversion rate from the spot is possibly the worst in football history.

He always ends up at the bottom of the pecking order for a reason. Put him in a less attacking team and he would never of made it in the prem.

Yet he's a 1 in 2.5 striker and one of the most prolific strikers in the EPL in recent years. He's scored regularly for West Ham, Spurs (in 2 spells), Pompy and England.

I actually have thought Defoe in recent years, was a decent player, someone who could come on second half for you and make an impact or play a pivotal part. Hasn't really hit it off at international level, but has impressed often enough at various clubs. I'm sure we were linked with him once or twice in recent years, someone I maybe wouldn't have minded to have seen play here. Surely must be on the wrong side of 30 now, but not going to check. Seems accurate enough.

Me too C! I've been bummed all day by it but that has really lifted my spirits! I'm really looking forward to the Swansea game because if we can get the three points I'll be over the moon again.

Another amazing fact.

Real Madrid have never lost their opening game in a European Cup campaign.

I know nothing about the game mentioned, will maybe have a look another time, nothing against City, but would have prefered Madrid for a success, I was a bit of a fan of the side they had 10 or 12 years ago.

This is (games highlighted) European Soccer by the way. I should add there is little chance of Ch$£*ea retaining the cup next season, with Drogba gone for a start, and I just don't think they have the capabilities to win again next year. No side since AC Milan in 1990 has retained the European Cup, and it won't be next year either. And least the Italians did it in style instead of putting ten men behind the fucking ball for 120 minutes and playing for a shoot out, which is exactly what Milan's 1989 defated opponents (Steaua Bucharest) did to Barcelona in 1986 when the Romanians 'won it'. We merely saw a carbon copy this year. Champions of Europe my butt.. you don't win tournaments or become the best like that. I can feel myself irritated by this now so I'm going to leave it.