IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

It wasn't a red IMO. If you're sending Shelvey off then Evans has to go as well because he did the same bloody thing!

Didn't see the challenge originally but after the benefit of seeing it several times I'd agree. Tough call.

Self defence if he just took the tackle he'd be in a hospital now,

Disagree, you can't claim self defence; there's no chance Evans is going into that challenge thinking 'I've gotta go in here or I'll get hurt'

Edited by Kohen

I absolutely guarantee that if that red had gone against us you'd both be crying your eyes out.

The bias of some blues against all things Liverpool is laughable.

I still think it was dangerous play and that he deserved the red. Perhaps evans should have a red too but that does not take away the fact that Shelvey went in 2 feet first. Red card.

I absolutely guarantee that if that red had gone against us you'd both be crying your eyes out.

The bias of some blues against all things Liverpool is laughable.

If I was playing football and someone (either team) made a tackle like that I'd be pissed off at them. Shocking challenge that can easily break someones leg. The only player we have who does them stupid challenges is Pienaar, but he lacks the weight to cause any real damage, but he still shouldn't be risking it. There's absolutely no need to go for the ball like that.

Disagree, you can't claim self defence; there's no chance Evans is going into that challenge thinking 'I've gotta go in here or I'll get hurt'

If someone dives in at you like that you need to get in the air yourself, take it planted and your legs a gonna.

Edit: I haven't got the commentary on either, 4 mins of F1 to go before I start listening to the footy.

Edited by pete0

Everton would destroy both of these teams on this performance.

And this is Liverpool playing well compared to their performance at Arsenal!

If someone dives in at you like that you need to get in the air yourself, take it planted and your legs a gonna.

No doubt, but I don't think that went threw Evans' mind; his eyes were fixed on the ball the whole time, it was a genuine attempt at the ball, which to be fair to him he did get. However, both feet were off the ground, stoods up, warrents a red Red%20card.png .

Edited by Kohen