IGNORED

Sarcasm Font

Lowensda

It's something that needs to be addressed...so I was thinking about really nailing down a Font or Colour to indicate sarcasm.

Sarcasm as we know is - "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt", usually conveyed through irony or understatement. Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony.

With that in mind and the subtle uses of it in threads, how would people feel about using the Italics option as Sarcasm? Italics aren't as commonly used today as they once were (mostly used for quotations) and Bold is too much of an emphasis/highlight on a singular point or sentance.

So it's subtle, yet distinguishable?

Italics for the sarcastic win?

Boom.

Over to you, because your minds are greater than mine.

i just think most need not be fuckin idiots or pansies and get offended or flustered by comments..if you do get offended then it was probably sarcastic..if it wasn't sarcastic it was probably me and you probably deserved it

............... and perhaps not taking people too seriously ? dry.pnglaugh.png

Listen, I'm also active on a forum of my local club and it is full of mentally challenged people. That's not an issue in itself, but sadly enought this forum offers several facepalm and bang-hammer-on-head smileys. That way, 80% of the comments are "omg you're so stupid"- comments.

I really enjoy my time on ToffeeTalk, cause here you can have a sensible debate with people who know how to discuss properly. I wouldn't want this to be ruined by constant interruption with rude sarcasm comments.

Or are you just talking about simple, respectful random sarcastic comments such as "Vellios isn't exactly Messi, but yada yada..."

Isn't the point of irony completely lost if you telegraph the fact you're doing ithuh.png ?

And I like to think it's mostly quite subtle, clever and light hearted on here Mirallas; those that give it out are almost always happy to take it back....if it was unnecessarily rude or too frequent then we'd stop it.