IGNORED

Crappy Penalty Takers Who Earn Millions!

be fair with carrager tho he was cheated out of his pen. he scored. ricardo knew he wasnt gonna get it so he stuck up his arms when carrager jicked the ball and the ref fell for it.

so carrager had to take it again therefore missing it

but lampard and gerrard have no excuse.

be fair with carrager tho he was cheated out of his pen. he scored. ricardo knew he wasnt gonna get it so he stuck up his arms when carrager jicked the ball and the ref fell for it.

so carrager had to take it again therefore missing it

but lampard and gerrard have no excuse.

36712[/snapback]

He was not cheated out of it all, you have to wait for the whistle before taking the penalty, Carragher didnt wait so i dont see how he was cheated out of it

You cant blame the penalty takers for having a bad day. Ricardo did pull out some decent saves.

Its not quality but pressure which plays a big role in taking penalties. You need to have the guts to take them and hope that they go in.

The game should have been wrapped up before penalties in all fairness.

Pat thinks it is more an "Attitude" rather than total ability to be a succesful penalty taker.

36717[/snapback]

I aggree, why have england not empoyed psychologists and mental coaching techniques and FOOKING JUST PRACTICE

Is that because two liverpool players missed?

36777[/snapback]

CORRECTAMUNDO

i agree its pathetic

how much money do they want, and they can't score a few pens i mean come on, whats the obsession of side footing the ball at the keeper, if you're not good enuff to do that and hit the side netting, which obviously they're not, then stick it higher

nobs

I dont even blame Lampard for missing ther pen. Its a lottery.

36842[/snapback]

Surely not Xav, they are professional footballers who earn their living putting that ball in the back of the net. Pick your spot - concentrate - and f*cking welly it.

ATB

Mac

They should take tips off Unsworth  :P

^^^ That point goes to show that it doesnt go on the quality of the player, personally i wont have a go at them for missing

36855[/snapback]

;) heres a tip pick your spot then place the ball in the net where you have chosen ;) ive never missed one and i dont get 60,000 plus a week :blink: no excuse :P

Do you have the hopes of a nation on your shoulders when you take a penalty? Do you have 50,000 people watching your penalty? Do have a semi final place of the world cup dependent on you scoring your penalty?

No i didnt think so.

Get a bit of perspective, ive never missed a penalty either but i wouldnt compare it to what the England players went through against Portugal.

Edited by EFCfan2007

;) heres a tip pick your spot then place the ball  in the net where you have chosen ;)   ive never missed one and i dont get 60,000 plus a week :blink:   no excuse :P

36883[/snapback]

Ola, totally with you there mate, I don't do the penalty thing, someone had to stay back.

Do you have the hopes of a nation on your shoulders when you take a penalty? Do you have 50,000 people watching your penalty? Do have a semi final place of the world cup dependent on you scoring your penalty?

No i didnt think so.

36886[/snapback]

Pressure is a factor Mark, but when you have your own pride on the line, the odds are in the favour of the taker, for so many big players to bottle it was unacceptable.

ATB

Mac

Pressure is a factor Mark, but when you have your own pride on the line, the odds are in the favour of the taker, for so many big players to bottle it was unacceptable.

ATB

Mac

36891[/snapback]

I think we should agree to disagree Mac. Im not saying its acceptable just that i wont blame them as none of us can even contemplate what it feels like

I think we should agree to disagree Mac. Im not saying its acceptable just that i wont blame them as none of us can even contemplate what it feels like

36893[/snapback]

Fair one Mark and by the same token I would never "blame" any player for missing a pen (Waddle, Pierce, Southgate all spring to mind). I do however reserve the right to question their bottle.

ATB

Mac

Fair one Mark and by the same token I would never "blame" any player for missing a pen (Waddle, Pierce, Southgate all spring to mind). I do however reserve the right to question their bottle.

ATB

Mac

36895[/snapback]

Thats fair enough. Would you have had the bottle in their position?

"Its not quality but pressure which plays a big role in taking penalties. You need to have the guts to take them and hope that they go in."... "taking a penalty is a lottery".

ive never read so many pathetic excueses for these useless wankers (can i say wankers on tt?), they were crap.

'the pressure' thats a joke. these guys are trained to cope and perform under 'pressure'. they do it every week in the premiership!

anyway, what pressure there is all on the goalie.

as for taking a penalty being a lottery it isnt. its much easier. a decent player should have at least a 95% chance of scoring a penalty. whats his chances of winning a lottery?

with these idiots, zero. they wouldnt be able to find a pen to fill in the form. thats if they could remember were they put the form!

"Its not quality but pressure which plays a big role in taking penalties. You need to have the guts to take them and hope that they go in."... "taking a penalty is a lottery".

ive never read so many pathetic excueses for these useless wankers (can i say wankers on tt?), they were crap.

'the pressure'  thats a joke. these guys are trained to cope and perform under 'pressure'. they do it every week in the premiership!

as for taking a penalty being a lottery it isnt. its much easier. a decent player should have at least a 95% chance of scoring a penalty. whats  his chances of winning a lottery?

with these idiots, zero. they wouldnt be able to find a pen to fill in the form. thats if they could remember were they put the form!

36992[/snapback]

B) well said, and totally agree ;)

'the pressure'  thats a joke. these guys are trained to cope and perform under 'pressure'. they do it every week in the premiership!

as for taking a penalty being a lottery it isnt. its much easier. a decent player should have at least a 95% chance of scoring a penalty. whats  his chances of winning a lottery?

36992[/snapback]

There isnt really much pressure on a goalie as they are not expected to save penalties, the pressure is on the players as people see penalty taking as "easy"

There isnt really much pressure on a goalie as they are not expected to save penalties, the pressure is on the players as people see penalty taking as "easy"

37064[/snapback]

you only put pressure on yourself, its called self belief ;)