IGNORED

Phil Neville

I still think he has enough to offer to be a squad player certainly this season and maybe another year. I think he'll be a great coach but will want to play on for at least another year or so. With that in mind I can see him following Timmy into MLS.

Edited by c1982

At right back I really don't think he's any better or worse than hibbert.

And as captain of the playing squad he is the go between from players to coaching staff, if he was coaching staff he isn't that same link.

He could be a coach and also club captain, best of both worlds.

I still think he has enough to offer to be a squad player certainly this season and maybe another year. I think he'll be a great coach but will want to play on for at least another year or so. With that in mind I can see him following Timmy into MLS.

Same as that. Reckon he would come back and coach when his playing days were over.

Coaching staff???? Do you want the whole team passing sideways and pointing their fingers at each other? I think his time was up at the end of last season

I think he would make an excellent coach, all the players seem to look upto him and respect him, he has been the consummate professional and he definitely apperears to inspire those around him

It doesnt mean he wont be a great coach just beacause he isnt a great player

As far as his contract goes I think its a bit like Cahill, I wouldnt lose any sleep if he did go but I also wouldnt be adverse to offering him another 12 months as I do think there is a bit more about him than pointing his fingers and passing sideways

Having him around the place can only be a good thing for the required professionalism we want to see. However having him on the pitch is a totally different matter. Every now and then he has a game where you have to admire his desire and application, however there are far too many games - usually against teams where we need to attack them that he is a passenger and his utilisation of the ball is poor.

In the games where its backs to the walls and he needs to get everyone marshalled he is an asset, Thats about it. Move him to the back room.

Having him around the place can only be a good thing for the required professionalism we want to see. However having him on the pitch is a totally different matter. Every now and then he has a game where you have to admire his desire and application, however there are far too many games - usually against teams where we need to attack them that he is a passenger and his utilisation of the ball is poor.

In the games where its backs to the walls and he needs to get everyone marshalled he is an asset, Thats about it. Move him to the back room.

Its been a while since I agreed with you Haf but on this occasion Im with you 100% ! tongue.png

Overall we are starting to get a bit long in the tooth at the back...Hibbert 31, Jags 30, Distin 35, Neville 35.

We really need to blood some young 'uns at the back while we still have a little time up our sleeves.

I don't think we need much time. Duffy, Coleman and Garbutt could have all done with a loan this season to get them ready for next year, but they should be pushing for a starting place next season anyway.

Coleman 23, Heitinga 28, Duffy 20, Oviedo 22/Garbutt 19 plus Barkley further up the pitch. The squads going to be even stronger next year when we're in the champs league happy.png

I don't think we need much time. Duffy, Coleman and Garbutt could have all done with a loan this season to get them ready for next year, but they should be pushing for a starting place next season anyway.

Coleman 23, Heitinga 28, Duffy 20, Oviedo 22/Garbutt 19 plus Barkley further up the pitch. The squads going to be even stronger next year when we're in the champs league happy.png

Really do hope you're right....we also have to keep Heitinga. He'd be a great asset together with Bainsey amongst the younger players.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...