IGNORED

Phil Neville

• 2 weeks later...

I've got no idea what people are talking about, except to say, Why is his keyboard sticky ?

Eating foodstuffs most likely, that's as good a reason as any.

I can't even remember why this thread was relevant to Phillip Neville ?

Yes that was it. May one day make a good club manager. I think so too, but it's a bit premature for the kid just yet.

Neville is in the best position to make the decision - the people around him feel too awkward to tell him that he should go - too much respect methinks for player in that position - John Smith did the same thing to the Springboks - just refused to go - when he should have left - the interest of the team weighs more than respect for the individual - but he seems hellbent to hang on till the pawpaw hits the fan - lets see whether he does the honourable thing by just stepping down ........ i doubt it - he seems to be beyond the point of no return

Neville is in the best position to make the decision - the people around him feel too awkward to tell him that he should go - too much respect methinks for player in that position - John Smith did the same thing to the Springboks - just refused to go - when he should have left - the interest of the team weighs more than respect for the individual - but he seems hellbent to hang on till the pawpaw hits the fan - lets see whether he does the honourable thing by just stepping down ........ i doubt it - he seems to be beyond the point of no return

There was a time for Cahill to go, and there will be a time for Nev to step down.To be honest Neville does still have the odd good moment, Cahill really probably stayed a tad too long.We improved (as a team) when Cahill left and we didn't have to factor in his old playing style.

I'd like to see Nev inspire and help the younger lads, from the changing room and the bench.We haven't got a big squad and I can see Neville still around next season.I think he can still do a job for us on the pitch, limited position, limited time.

A few of you need to think outside the box a bit more.

Retiring Neville from the starting eleven to the bench, with the opportunity to earn his place, while still having an experienced head around the place is surely better than him leaving. We are all hoping to qualify for European football at the end of the season, and if we do, his experience within the squad will be invaluable.

Our need for a strong squad is too great to simply ditch senior players, unless we have others to take their place.

A few of you need to think outside the box a bit more.

Retiring Neville from the starting eleven to the bench, with the opportunity to earn his place, while still having an experienced head around the place is surely better than him leaving. We are all hoping to qualify for European football at the end of the season, and if we do, his experience within the squad will be invaluable.

Our need for a strong squad is too great to simply ditch senior players, unless we have others to take their place.

He definitely has a job to do, just not starting too many games. As you well know, I have critised Mr Neville on a few occasions (although I think he has done pretty well recently) but like you say, having someone with his experience and professionalism around the place is always going to be a massive bonus.

What colour? And why by the knife?

Peter, you could nearly turn that into a quiz, but, that's another section of this forum.......all just a bit of fun.

A 'knife' has been mentioned, but don't worry, everyones safesmile.png .

Now back to Neville, do you think he still has a job to do at Everton?

Edited by Blue 250

Only job left for him is to show the youngsters how not to play rofl.gif

All seriousness though, can't hurt to have him around on the training paddock but if Moyes insists on starting him in the first XI he's limiting the team by essentially playing 10 men in attack. Coleman offers far more at RB than Neville ever does and his defence is starting to get on par, so there's little in terms of benefit at RB IMO, and we all know what he offers at CM. It would be an absolute shame if he needs a tap on the shoulder, but it's starting to look that way because every time I read something about him it's about Pip saying he's keen to keep on playing.

i understand but then he must not be put in the front line if he has a supporting role to play - have him on the bench to stabalize things if necessary but not to slow things down when we are urgently in need for a touch of speed ......

I dont think we are urgently in need of anything to be honest, its not like were doing too bad at the moment.