IGNORED

Phil Neville

Unfortunately him dropping down leagues will do nothing other than to highlight how poor he is now at centre mid. At that level you are reliant on physicality, speed, or the ability to do something other than coach 10 men.

Where he is now - he can rely on good technical footballers to do the things he can't. He can't get away with the stuff he's pulled in our midfield.

I'll end this on a positive - as a right back he could still play in the premierleague. Maybe not for us as a first teamer but definitely competent enough to compete. Anywhere else forget it. He is a tremendous example to young players as to how to apply themselves.

No need for any cover, we have Stones and Oviedo to cover the fullbacks.

Neither of us know whether Stones or Oviedo will be good enough in the top flight as full backs (albeit we have Hibbert to cover RB aswell). It wouldnt take that much for both Baines and Oviedo to be injured at the same time.

He is still an important member of the team in terms of what he brings off the field, and he can still do a job when we need him to on the field. My worry would be that if Moyes was still here then he might play week in week out like he does now, but that isnt Neville's fault.

Neither of us know whether Stones or Oviedo will be good enough in the top flight as full backs (albeit we have Hibbert to cover RB aswell). It wouldnt take that much for both Baines and Oviedo to be injured at the same time.

He is still an important member of the team in terms of what he brings off the field, and he can still do a job when we need him to on the field. My worry would be that if Moyes was still here then he might play week in week out like he does now, but that isnt Neville's fault.

When everybody is fit Neville hasnt been a starter for the last 2 seasons

Gibson was benched instead of him against Wigan in the cup even though he was fit.

Gibson has no divine right to a start Haf. He probably played Nev to offer a bit of experience on the field. Sometimes it backfires, but Nev made a bad pass. There were many factors from other players gone undiscussed that served our demise.

Can I just clarify that Gibson is a far and away superior footballer to Phil Neville, defensively, technically, tactically, offensively. Moyes playing Neville ahead of him was a complete piss take. Gibson passes the ball, Neville offloads it.

Anyone who can't see Neville is the worst regular player we have needs to seriously have a word. He's a right back cover at best.

When everybody is fit Neville hasnt been a starter for the last 2 seasons

Haha you're having a laugh right?

He gets dropped for the odd game here and there but he has started the majority of games when other players will offer more to the team. This is especially bad considering he has probably made more big mistakes than any other player.

Haha you're having a laugh right?

He gets dropped for the odd game here and there but he has started the majority of games when other players will offer more to the team. This is especially bad considering he has probably made more big mistakes than any other player.

Why would I be?

Coleman and Hibbo have moved ahead of him at RB and Gibson and Osman are the 2 preferred CM. That has been the case for a long time now but it doesn't seem to sit well with the conspiracy theorists who want everyone to believe Moyes only picks his favourites so they simply choose to ignore the facts

Why would I be?

Coleman and Hibbo have moved ahead of him at RB and Gibson and Osman are the 2 preferred CM. That has been the case for a long time now but it doesn't seem to sit well with the conspiracy theorists who want everyone to believe Moyes only picks his favourites so they simply choose to ignore the facts

That may be but we will never have an injury/suspension free squad. For example, if he was fit yesterday we would have played a 4-4-2 with Osman moved wide and Neville in midfield. Its happened countless times.

If he is fit for Spurs then he will play.

And you know this how?

I think you would get great odds on it being anything else.

Maybe us negative fans just perceive that moyes has Neville playing when he has better options on the bench. I dunno.

Personally I thought Barkley did well in his cameo, plays with his head up, good range of passing (peach of a ball btw over to Coleman) looks to get the ball down and play, always looking to receive it.

I think the reason Neville has only started 10 games is due to spending over a month out after knee surgery. So lets just look at it from that perspective, he starts far more games for us than his ability warrants. IMO

surely as i pointed out he has only started 10 games this season carries some weight to duncc's argument? not takin sides just it seems to have been overlooked

In the first 11 games of the season he played 8 full games plus over 70 mins in the other 3. When back from injury he only missed 2 games, playing in the majority of the other 7 he was fit for. Only recently he has fell out the team, but I assume he's not fully fit or is carrying a knock if the Wigan game is anything to go by.

In the first 11 games of the season he played 8 full games plus over 70 mins in the other 3. When back from injury he only missed 2 games, playing in the majority of the other 7 he was fit for. Only recently he has fell out the team, but I assume he's not fully fit or is carrying a knock if the Wigan game is anything to go by.

We were playing some of our best football in the 1st 11 games. Neville is not an automatic starter any longer - I wouldn't be surprised if him not playing yesterday wasn't something to do with non-footballing matters he's currently experiencing in his life. He's had a lot of game time but we've had a lot of injuries.

We were playing some of our best football in the 1st 11 games. Neville is not an automatic starter any longer - I wouldn't be surprised if him not playing yesterday wasn't something to do with non-footballing matters he's currently experiencing in his life. He's had a lot of game time but we've had a lot of injuries.

I'd say despite Neville playing. He's only managed to pick up 2 motm votes all season. Everton have carried him this season and Moyes continued to play him regardless of cons list adding up.

Not quite an auto starter like Baines, but 70+ mins for 11 consecutive games pretty much sums up that he was a starter before the injury. He's played the majority of nearly every game he's been fit, not quite every game, but no 36 year old does. For his age/fitness/ability he has got a lot more starts than he should have this season.

His game time has nothing to do with injuries, if anything they've prevented him from having more minutes. Start of the season we had Coleman and Hibbert fit, so Moyes had Neville in midfield alongside Osman. Although any manager worth his salt would have played Fellaini there instead and play someone with more flair behind the striker or even mixed it up by going 442 with Anichebe helping Jelavic out.

General question,

is it possible to block someone so that you never see any of their comments?

Yup....click on the little triangle next to your user name (top right) and select "Manage Ignore Prefs."

Edit....I have no idea that Pete0 got in ahead of me on that because I have him on ignoretongue.png .