IGNORED

Hammers Eyeing Wright-phillips Loan

Hammers eyeing Wright-Phillips loan

West Ham are being linked with a shock season-long loan move for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Having just snapped up Carlton Cole on a four-year deal, it would now appear that Hammers chief Alan Pardew is trying his luck at Stamford Bridge once again.

Wright-Phillips struggled to hold down a regular starting spot under Jose Mourinho last season - ultimately ending with the former Manchester City ace disappointingly missing out on a World Cup squad place in Germany.

Pardew is actively looking to strengthen the right side of his team, having already snapped up Tyrone Mears from Preston, and sees Wright-Phillips as the perfect attacking option out wide.

However, should the 24-year-old opt for a season away from the Bridge in his need for first-team football, there will surely be plenty of other Premiership clubs showing an interest.

If there putting a bid in, why the fig arnt we, ok its unrealstic but im sure we would all be moaning at DM if they got him on a loan without us even trying, we should test our luck, like west ham...

London club, London boy, I can see that happening. He should have gone to the WC instead of Walcott.....in fact, f*ck it, I should have gone to WC before Walcott.

ATB

Mac

36941[/snapback]

:lol: i agree y arnt we putting in a loan bid for him?? come on david!!!!

London club, London boy, I can see that happening. He should have gone to the WC instead of Walcott.....in fact, f*ck it, I should have gone to WC before Walcott.

ATB

Mac

36941[/snapback]

;) your right their mac :D that was a farce :unsure:

nothing ventured nothing gained

36974[/snapback]

Spoken like a true Evertonian Scouse.

I have liked SWP for years and I think it is a waste of good English talent to have him warming a seat with his arse at Chelski, in fact it borders on criminal.

ATB

Mac

ino wat you mean there but wat i meant is that join chelski were they pay bigger wages, sit around on your arse for a year (perfeably not world cup year tho) go on loan while they still pay your high wages, its win win your playing football at a lower club were you can shine while still being paid your big wages ;)

plus, he may not be getting first team matches, however he is training with arguable the best players in the world, which is bound to raise his standard of the game even further. The experience that SWP will have gained being with the wealth of knowledge and talent at Chelsea will do him the world of good. If I was him, and IF he really has a say, I would stick for the time being anyway!

plus, he may not be getting first team matches, however he is training with arguable the best players in the world, which is bound to raise his standard of the game even further.  The experience that SWP will have gained being with the wealth of knowledge and talent at Chelsea will do him the world of good.  If I was him, and IF he really has a say, I would stick for the time being anyway!

38816[/snapback]

:D agree will help him no end, hes already a top player can only inprove where he is imo B)

yea he will get bags of experience ecpically with the team next year...

38879[/snapback]

:rolleyes: think jose will use wrighty alot this season scares the shit out of defenders when in full flight :huh: think he will make sub and come on in the last 20 mins when teams legs are gone, B) would like him here but it wont happen :(

• 2 weeks later...
--------------Howard-----------------

Hibbert---Yobo---Lescott---Valente

SWP---Cahill---Arteta---VDM

-----AJ------------------------BT-----

B)

Im into that!

Not gona happen though

41533[/snapback]

:D you dont know untill you ask ;) but would love him here :D

Jose Mourinho has given Chelsea outcast Shaun Wright-Phillips a month to prove he has a future at Stamford Bridge.

The £21million winger is wanted by Tottenham and Newcastle, but Mourinho will give him the chance to shine on the current pre-season tour of the United States.