IGNORED

Arkadiusz Milik

http://www.talksport...onderkid-184282

Aston Villa and Everton are part of a growing pack of European sides chasing Polish wonderkid Arkadiusz Milik.

Milik, who has drawn favourable comparisons to free-scoring compatriot Robert Lewandowski, is currently on the books at Gornik Zabrze.

The 18-year-old has already found the back of the net six times in nine league games this season, prompting interest from French club Lyon, who are believed to be the front-runners for his signature.

However, Villa, Everton, Anderlecht, Inter Milan and Udinese are also on his trail, and it seems as though he could be on his way out of Gornik before the start of next season.

• 9 years later...
16 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

One reply every 9 years is a bit much.  Best to wait for a full decade. 

Anyway, if he scored 30 in 55 why in the world would he be available for the 16m euros being quoted. 

He's got 3 threads! The latest of which is was a combined thread and the other is Duncs traditional "can't be arsed using the search function" thread that we've apparently missed/gave up on keeping up with merging. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can't stay fit?

2015–2016 Ajax 31 (21)
2016–2022 Napoli 93 (38)
2021–2022  Marseille (loan) 38 (16

https://www.transfermarkt.my/arkadiusz-milik/verletzungen/spieler/191891/plus/1

Plus looking at his appearances, only seems to have played anywhere near a full season of football once since leaving Ajax, 4 seasons ago.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm just looking at his injury history - I don't know what else I can say.

I saw he'd done his ACL twice successively, but that was a while ago. If his performances at the Euros and France are to go by, he's a solid option. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

I saw he'd done his ACL twice successively, but that was a while ago. If his performances at the Euros and France are to go by, he's a solid option. 

Well if we get him hopefully it isn't an issue. I can't believe he's 28 it feels like he's been around forever.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Well if we get him hopefully it isn't an issue. I can't believe he's 28 it feels like he's been around forever.

As soon as I saw this thread reopened I thought the same…. Why are we going after past it players again. 
Shocked at his age haha!

12 hours ago, Matt said:

He's got 3 threads! The latest of which is was a combined thread and the other is Duncs traditional "can't be arsed using the search function" thread that we've apparently missed/gave up on keeping up with merging. 

I always use the search function, as was the case with this thread. But if the thread has been moved to general football I start a new rumour section, should I not be doing that then?

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I always use the search function, as was the case with this thread. But if the thread has been moved to general football I start a new rumour section, should I not be doing that then?

I was only poking fun mate. Either way we have some cleaning to do. At least I understand your logic now :)

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just post it in the thread that's in General and then one of us will move the thread back to Rumourama.

6 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Juventus have agreed a deal with Marseille to sign Arkadiusz Milik.

The deal is an initial loan costing £1.7m (€2m) plus a £6.7m (€8m) option to buy Poland striker.

Jesus...we should have been all over that for that price.

But why would he come here over Juventus?

56 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

But why would he come here over Juventus?

Any number of reasons I guess.

But if we aren't going to target people who are in talks with better clubs the list is going to pretty short right now.

the reality is teams like Newcastle, West Ham etc are all better prospects than we are but yet we still compete for players. 

32 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Any number of reasons I guess.

But if we aren't going to target people who are in talks with better clubs the list is going to pretty short right now.

the reality is teams like Newcastle, West Ham etc are all better prospects than we are but yet we still compete for players. 

I would suggest Juventus is in a different class than those you mention on a couple of different levels