IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

What does he do shukes? He doesn't create chances or assist goals get goals. What does he offer?

You are aware that he is a "full back" aren't you? You haven't by some chance mistaken his role for that of a winger???

Did you see his performance against Chelsea in the cup for example... it was a masterclass.

Mark you have seriously lost it mate!

Who could we even think about buying that would be better than either of our current full backs?

Criticisms of our defenders for not scoring enough goals, in one of the highest scoring teams in the league, is just mental. You need to watch more football.

What does he do shukes? He doesn't create chances or assist goals get goals. What does he offer?

He is a goal threat.

He makes chances...crossing could be better but by no means bad.

He acts as a sweeper and tidys so much up behind the defence.

Has a tough attitude on him in a team of gentle, soft and easily bullied ego's.

He is a goal threat.

He makes chances...crossing could be better but by no means bad.

He acts as a sweeper and tidys so much up behind the defence.

Has a tough attitude on him in a team of gentle, soft and easily bullied ego's.

He had a poor start to the season, but after yesterday I'd make him captain. Only one willing to shout, and was in the minority that gived a shit about losing.

Sorry Mark, but that's nuts.

He can't be a great winger and a great fullback in the same game. We're very lucky in Colemans case, we've been lucky for a good many seasons - he's merged the 2 positions into one but by sacrificing being truly excellent in either.

He can't be a great winger and a great fullback in the same game. We're very lucky in Colemans case, we've been lucky for a good many seasons - he's merged the 2 positions into one but by sacrificing being truly excellent in either.

He's the only player in our side that seems to tell it as it is to "anyone". I have seen him tear into , Gerry, McCarthy, Lukaku, Howard... that to me is the type of player we need in our side.

I would love to have a microphone on the pitch - as much as I love Jags and Baines they just aren't "alpha male" enough to assert their authority on the team. That person was Howard - and he has been poor for too long.

For me the absolute biggest signing we can make is a midfield mentor and minder for Barkley. Imagine a Roy Keane or a Viera in the side now? We wouldn't need two DM's - Barkley could drop back and get tuition along with many roastings when he is deciding to have a lazy day, opening up a slot for a second striker or a David Silva to operate between the lines.

You would find Rom making more "energetic" displays, you wouldn't find John Stones doing flicks and Cryuff turns. They would probably tell the manager a few home truths and be able to do so.

He's the only player in our side that seems to tell it as it is to "anyone". I have seen him tear into , Gerry, McCarthy, Lukaku, Howard... that to me is the type of player we need in our side.

I would love to have a microphone on the pitch - as much as I love Jags and Baines they just aren't "alpha male" enough to assert their authority on the team. That person was Howard - and he has been poor for too long.

For me the absolute biggest signing we can make is a midfield mentor and minder for Barkley. Imagine a Roy Keane or a Viera in the side now? We wouldn't need two DM's - Barkley could drop back and get tuition along with many roastings when he is deciding to have a lazy day, opening up a slot for a second striker or a David Silva to operate between the lines.

You would find Rom making more "energetic" displays, you wouldn't find John Stones doing flicks and Cryuff turns. They would probably tell the manager a few home truths and be able to do so.

Agree with this!

Say we keep all of our players this summer which i doubt, but if we do i think our transfer targets need to be commanding characters in the spine of the team, Keeper, CB & CM, they would be my priorities. We are too nice and quiet and it needs to change.

baines is. 9 assists one season. coleman's best season had 6 goals, that's it last season and this season he's been no threat to score, create or assist. my point is if he can't do those we might as well get a solid RB old school style that shores up the backline more and we rely on lennon more. coleman's best attributes of "huff and puff" do fuck all, hence why he's excess and should be sold for me.

if you ever hear him on the TV he's bitching and moaning and whining all the time. he's the whiniest player we have. high pictched voice and all.

baines is. 9 assists one season. coleman's best season had 6 goals, that's it last season and this season he's been no threat to score, create or assist. my point is if he can't do those we might as well get a solid RB old school style that shores up the backline more and we rely on lennon more. coleman's best attributes of "huff and puff" do fuck all, hence why he's excess and should be sold for me.

if you ever hear him on the TV he's bitching and moaning and whining all the time. he's the whiniest player we have. high pictched voice and all.

What does the pitch of voice have to do with it? Jamie Carragher sounded like Frankie Valli but I would take his leadership any day of the week to what we have seen on the pitch.

Colemans thumping tackle on Pedro set the tone for the game against Chelsea - old school defending at its best.

I think you are looking for criticisms that really just aren't valid - name 5 better right backs in the premier league or anywhere else that we could buy.

What does the pitch of voice have to do with it? Jamie Carragher sounded like Frankie Valli but I would take his leadership any day of the week to what we have seen on the pitch.

Colemans thumping tackle on Pedro set the tone for the game against Chelsea - old school defending at its best.

I think you are looking for criticisms that really just aren't valid - name 5 better right backs in the premier league or anywhere else that we could buy.

Lahm, Zabaleta, Walker, Bellerin, Alves, Carvajal, Sagna, Mariano, etc.

Walker, Sanger and Mariano really?

Coleman has been one of the most consistently good performers we have had. He can get forward, create chances and his defensive abilities have improved so much. He has pace and a good tackle and has used that to save us on so many occasions over the last two years.

half of them are either way past it, on mega money or I don't know the name of! None of them I would buy, none of them are viable.

Walker?! You must be kidding mate!

I don't ever want us to sell Coleman. His game has been affected by Martinez, i actually thought he would do better under him but its not been the case, same with Baines.

Yes, I agree with this. I only see the televised games during the season so any changes are noticeable. Earlier in the season, as against last season, it was obvious that Coleman was under orders not to get too far forward. He was constantly running to the centre line, then stopping and passing sideways. On the other flank, Baines was getting forward more but not as much as last season. If this was meant to strengthen our defence it didn't work! Martinez needs to understand that the best defence is to have the ball in the opposing penalty area.

Bellerin and Carvajal, yeah. Could we buy them though? Definitely not.

As for the rest, wouldn't have a hope in hell.

Walker? Behave yourself.

Mariano plays for Sevilla we can afford him especially if Coleman is really worth 20m, we could buy him and Coke from Sevilla (both are solid). There are plenty more in the Bundesliga that would be great as well. Some that can even put a cross on a man! Gasp!

Phillip Lahm?! he is 33 this year and has slowed down big time.

Dani Alves is 33 this year and is going to leave Barcelona for us?

Zabaleta is a very good right back - at 31 would still cost around £15m and be on £120k a week if Man City sold him which they wont.

Carvajal is contracted to Real Madrid till 2020 and we have zero chance of signing him

Sagna is not as good as coleman - plus he's at Man city

Mariano - not as good as coleman

Kyle Walker - shall we sign him to keep the injured players company?

Based on this list it looks like we are stuck with Seamus

Mark - I love you man but I think your brain might have a temporary short circuit, or that crystal meth is a bad batch :)

I mean look, we are all entitled to our opinions and that's cool if you don't dig him, but wow, he is honestly one of my favorite EFC players. He defends well, works his Irish tail off, and is like having another attacking winger. Yeah, he fucked up that one goal right in front of the net (can't remember against who ATM), but largely he is a kick-ass player. To be honest, I'd choose him over Stones without blinking. Love the bloke!

I would say to try and watch him next match and if he is not having a mare, I think you might start to appreciate him for what he brings to the team. Remember, the ones you want gone are: Howard (already happening), Kone, and Martinez!

Mariano plays for Sevilla we can afford him especially if Coleman is really worth 20m, we could buy him and Coke from Sevilla (both are solid). There are plenty more in the Bundesliga that would be great as well. Some that can even put a cross on a man! Gasp!

Why sell a player who loves the club, plays his heart out and in the opinion of many, many fans is one of the best right backs in the league and one of our most consistent performers?

What did he do to piss you off?