IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i looked back and didn't see any official timeline.  i saw rumours of anywhere from 5 months to 7 months.  it was end of march.  Being conservative with it that means End of October or Early November.  OBviously the 5 month guess was wrong.  That's the best i can do.

Yeah I thought I remembered Koeman saying something about early December but it looks like it may be sooner. It can't possibly come soon enough, though.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I think it'll take Bolassie longer with it being a ligament tear - seems ridiculous but a break heals much quicker and 'stronger'.

Didn't Bolasie get injured a month or so beforehand? Would make sense if they came back together (assuming I'm right). Hope Bolasie is slowed down a touch by his injury, so his body can keep up with his mind. Looks a live wire but so often let down by his lack of control

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was injured months before seamus was.  i think he will be back first.  he's been in training already as well.  

He was but I'd still expect Seamus back first due to the nature of the injuries. A clean break heals much quicker than torn ligament. It seems ridiculous with how they look when it happens but tearing the ACL (and whatever other ligaments are in the knee) or achillies are probably the most common and worst injuries footballers pick up and struggle to come back from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Could be that they're more willing to take their time since Kenny is doing such a good job?

Allardyce said in the quote he is one they would like back so I am guessing not!

In fairness I wasn' expecting him to play much part in this season. It was a really bad injury and he might even be better for getting a full pre-season under his belt rather than coming back for a couple of games at the end of this one.

23 hours ago, Bailey said:

Allardyce said in the quote he is one they would like back so I am guessing not!

In fairness I wasn' expecting him to play much part in this season. It was a really bad injury and he might even be better for getting a full pre-season under his belt rather than coming back for a couple of games at the end of this one.

Me too Bailey, best we don't rush him back, although mentally he may want to play at least once this season and not miss a complete one.

On 12/27/2017 at 13:48, Bailey said:

He's always going to say that about a fan-favourite, senior player who's well liked within the club and is a damn good player on his day.

Agree with the second part completely 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

I hope I am wrong but I just don't think Seamus will be back.

Tragedy as he was may favorite player in many ways.

Has a leg break truly forced any players to retire in recent years? I know of Steve Zakuani in MLS, but I thought the days of leg breaks ending careers entirely were back in the 90s

8 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Has a leg break truly forced any players to retire in recent years? I know of Steve Zakuani in MLS, but I thought the days of leg breaks ending careers entirely were back in the 90s

Not that I can remember but it was a double leg break and its not guaranteed that he will come back the same player. Was it Cisse that did it for Liverpool? I don't think he ever came back the same?

6 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

I don't know to be honest, but the double leg break was so bad I just cant see him coming back. I heard a few people say the same when I was back in Liverpool last week for the Chelsea game.

If anyone can come back it is Seamus as he has so much hart, and professionalism that I know he will keep trying, I just think its too bad an an injury.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The mental side is the part of it I don't think anyone would need to worry about with him tbh. 

Yeah that's what made him so good, take that out of his game and you've got a completely different player. It might make him a better reader of the game and not be defensively out of position so much. 

13 hours ago, London Blue said:

I don't know to be honest, but the double leg break was so bad I just cant see him coming back. I heard a few people say the same when I was back in Liverpool last week for the Chelsea game.

If anyone can come back it is Seamus as he has so much hart, and professionalism that I know he will keep trying, I just think its too bad an an injury.

Are any of these opinions informed medical opinions?