IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

Just needs to keep his feet on the ground.

Noticed a couple of times in the last few games he has been facing our goal and being pressured... Instead of doing the sensible thing and passing the ball back, he has held the player off for too long and then tried to turn his way out or look for a clever pass.

To his credit he has came out unscathed. But I have felt nervous Him doing it and prayed he is not listening to his own hype.

Those cheeky smirks of his give me the impression in his head it is always under control, when realistically he has just about came away with the ball.

Most exciting player we have At the moment though next to Ross!

Edited by Shukes

Most exciting player we have At the moment though next to Ross!

I honestly think Coleman is even more exciting than Barkley. Dont get me wrong, Ross is thrilling to have at the club but how many RB's are there in the game with Colemans ability to change a game?

There are plent of exciting box to box midfielders, or attacking midfielders out there. Coleman is pretty special.

How many RB's can you mention throughout history with Colemans attacking abilities? Handfull? 10? 20?

I've said since his loan at Blackpool (my local club, I used ot watch every home game) that Coleman is going to be some player - with the right time and attitude. He's been my favorite Everton player for the past two or three seasons and I love watching him play because he manages to show a new aspect of his game every game. I never thought he'd be able to finish as much and as fancy as he has been doing this season though.

I love his change in pace and the determination, hard work and grit he puts in. And on top of that he's a very humble down to earth player.

I think a bid to prise him away would have to be in the region of £20m - Martinez seems no pushover.

Edited by AidanLewis

• The Scot has been rebuffed in his attempts to prise Baines away from Goodison but that won’t put him off returning for Coleman, who he rates more highly than current right-back Fabio.

The writer and editor do not know the difference between "who" and "whom" and I'm supposed to take them seriously as a legitimate news source? Fuck off.

The writer and editor do not know the difference between "who" and "whom" and I'm supposed to take them seriously as a legitimate news source? Fuck off.

And the fact that they don't know it's Rafael not Fabio who plays right back. Fabio has hardly had a sniff of first team action the whole time he's been there

I wonder how good Coleman will be with another season behind him, defending is something that seems to improve with experience, I wonder just what this young man can achieve.

What did he cost us! Someone deserves a bonus for spotting him, then get him (the scout) back out on the road looking for the next one.

I wonder how good Coleman will be with another season behind him, defending is something that seems to improve with experience, I wonder just what this young man can achieve.

What did he cost us! Someone deserves a bonus for spotting him, then get him (the scout) back out on the road looking for the next one.

60k-150k depending on where you look. Pretty sure the scout who found him went to Cheslea a few years ago, but I may well be wrong there...

Once we get our best players under contract with new deals we can tell them all where to go.

No one will leave unless it suits Roberto ie silly money.

Yeah this, my concern is how much Coleman's wages are? I bet they are quite a bit lower than the top earners at our club.

Exactly. 

Martinez reminded me a bit of Moyes yesterday, some uncharacteristic moves yesterday. 

I thought the young lads were going to get games and if impressed, get to keep their place? Contradicted yesterday, in a bad way. 

I don't know. It's a tough call. Stones had a shaky game against Norwich. The game to bring Distin back in probably isn't the derby. And he and Jags are our starting partnership. Defensive partnerships aren't really something you mess with. And we had one game before the derby to get them back together. It's a tough call to play Stones.

He DID remind me of Moyes with our shit long ball tactics and late subs though. That, and Osman on the wing.

Exactly.

Martinez reminded me a bit of Moyes yesterday, some uncharacteristic moves yesterday.

I thought the young lads were going to get games and if impressed, get to keep their place? Contradicted yesterday, in a bad way.

Hes reminded me of Moyes many many times so far this season, people seem to be blind to it.

I don't know. It's a tough call. Stones had a shaky game against Norwich. The game to bring Distin back in probably isn't the derby. And he and Jags are our starting partnership. Defensive partnerships aren't really something you mess with. And we had one game before the derby to get them back together. It's a tough call to play Stones.

He DID remind me of Moyes with our shit long ball tactics and late subs though. That, and Osman on the wing.

This. Jags and Distin were excellent before they both got injured and Stones has held his own but hasn't been as good as either of the other two (as expected given his age/experience). Its not like he is dropping out of the side never to be seen again like it happened in the last regime.