IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

me too, I like the look of Kyle Walker as a right back but Coleman is among the best.

I've always rated Walker myself. Remember getting ridiculed on another forum for saying he was decent. I think defensively he suffers a little but he has pace and always wants the ball. He's had Baines back peddling numerous times. Still ain't a scratch on Coleman though!

Moyes and the scouting system desrve great credit for Coleman.

Moyes took forever to give him a chance at right mid then even longer to drop him. All the fans could see he'd been found out and wanted him to get some experience at RB. If we didn't have an injury crisis (x2) he'd be in the pile with Baxter et al.

Moyes took forever to give him a chance at right mid then even longer to drop him. All the fans could see he'd been found out and wanted him to get some experience at RB. If we didn't have an injury crisis (x2) he'd be in the pile with Baxter et al.

Doesn't bear thinking about, sent me into a cold sweat just thinking about it.

Think Moyes got his development spot on. Loaning him to Blackpool brought his game on leaps and bounds and getting him experience of playing in the Premiership by moving him to RM was the best thing he could have done

Certainly doesn't appear to have done his career any harm

Think Moyes got his development spot on. Loaning him to Blackpool brought his game on leaps and bounds and getting him experience of playing in the Premiership by moving him to RM was the best thing he could have done

Certainly doesn't appear to have done his career any harm

Not by choice and left him there far too long.

I think Moyes initially messed him up, he played him left back against Benfica in his debut which was disaster. Then again if he played right back he would have been up against Di Maria.

It took Moyes time to find the best thing to do with Seamus despite the fans being onto it a little quicker. Non the less he was a smart buy.

I think Moyes initially messed him up, he played him left back against Benfica in his debut which was disaster. Then again if he played right back he would have been up against Di Maria.

It took Moyes time to find the best thing to do with Seamus despite the fans being onto it a little quicker. Non the less he was a smart buy.

It took Coleman a long time to get used to playing RB. He was a liability at first. He'd jump into tackles in dangerous positions. I think Moyes did right operating him a little bit forward. It also helped his attacking game ten fold. Credit goes to Moyes with Coleman nobody else!

Seamus wasnt introduced sooner, at least more regularly because of his killer blister. He was then played in the RW position longer than foreseen because we needed an RW (think he was eventually dropped for Lando when he came) because the alternatives were Osman and Rodwell at the time.

Anyway, the lad has been a revelation. We should count ourselves lucky to have 2 of the best top 10 FBs in the world.

I think he did well with Coleman on the whole. He needed first team football which he got at Blackpool but it took him an age to start breaking into the side at RM considering how well he was doing and how crap we were out wide. Then when he got 'sussed' it took him a long time to move him into a defensive position. He was always going to make mistakes so the more he played in his proper position the quicker he could learn.

Was there an injury crisis at RM before Coleman got put there?

Had the fans suggested he should be given ago there because of his pace before dithering Dave eventually done it?

Did the fans suggest for him to be pushed back because he'd been found out?

Did Moyes then continue to play him once Coleman had been found out and destroyed his confidence?

Was there an injury crisis forcing him to put Coleman at RB?

Seamus wasnt introduced sooner, at least more regularly because of his killer blister. He was then played in the RW position longer than foreseen because we needed an RW (think he was eventually dropped for Lando when he came) because the alternatives were Osman and Rodwell at the time.

Anyway, the lad has been a revelation. We should count ourselves lucky to have 2 of the best top 10 FBs in the world.

i thought it was duffy who had the blister?

Was there an injury crisis at RM before Coleman got put there?

Had the fans suggested he should be given ago there because of his pace before dithering Dave eventually done it?

Did the fans suggest for him to be pushed back because he'd been found out?

Did Moyes then continue to play him once Coleman had been found out and destroyed his confidence?

Was there an injury crisis forcing him to put Coleman at RB?

Ha ha so Coleman is full of shit and you know best?

Ha ha so Coleman is full of shit and you know best?

Hesitate to enter this but (playing devil's advocate) he's hardly going to slag Moyes off is he? And...

"He's helped the defensive side of my game. He played me in midfield for two seasons - that's where he saw fit for me in the first couple of years - and I gained a lot of experience from that.

"Tony Hibbert was injured at the start of the season and he saw it was the time to give me a go at right-back. I think it was the right time."

What if Hibbo hadn't been injured? Seamus thinks "it was the right time" but as far as Moyes was concerned he had little choice. If Hibbo had been fit I think it's a fair bet he'd have kept his place, so maybe Moyes lucked into the "right" decision. But thank god he did.

Hesitate to enter this but (playing devil's advocate) he's hardly going to slag Moyes off is he? And...

"He's helped the defensive side of my game. He played me in midfield for two seasons - that's where he saw fit for me in the first couple of years - and I gained a lot of experience from that.

"Tony Hibbert was injured at the start of the season and he saw it was the time to give me a go at right-back. I think it was the right time."

What if Hibbo hadn't been injured? Seamus thinks "it was the right time" but as far as Moyes was concerned he had little choice. If Hibbo had been fit I think it's a fair bet he'd have kept his place, so maybe Moyes lucked into the "right" decision. But thank god he did.

Why would he not slag him off if he wanted to? Moyes had left the club so he could have said whatever he liked about him

It was Moyes who signed him and it was Moyes who took a chance on him by giving him a go at RB but it was obvious at the time that the defensive side of his game wasn't up to it. There were people in this forum screaming out for him to continue at RB but Moyes decided to push him further up field to give him the experience. ( peteO might think it was his idea but Im pretty sure it was David Moyes who was picking the team)

He was getting slaughtered by the boo boys at one point but Moyes stood by him and gave him a new 5 year contract

Moyes said all along that he saw him being Evertons regular RB for years to come and I firmly believe Seamus would have broken into the side that season regardless of any injury to Hibbert.

The proof is in the pudding Moyes signed a rough diamond for £60k and he has turned out to be possibly the best RB in the Premiership . If some people want to believe that was by pure chance then so be it but personally I think Moyes played a huge part in his development and if you have ever heard Coleman speak about Moyes you would know he does to

What if Hibbert wasn't injured you say, well what if Moyes hadn't signed Coleman in the first place?

Why would he not slag him off if he wanted to? Moyes had left the club so he could have said whatever he liked about him

It was Moyes who signed him and it was Moyes who took a chance on him by giving him a go at RB but it was obvious at the time that the defensive side of his game wasn't up to it. There were people in this forum screaming out for him to continue at RB but Moyes decided to push him further up field to give him the experience. ( peteO might think it was his idea but Im pretty sure it was David Moyes who was picking the team)

He was getting slaughtered by the boo boys at one point but Moyes stood by him and gave him a new 5 year contract

Moyes said all along that he saw him being Evertons regular RB for years to come and I firmly believe Seamus would have broken into the side that season regardless of any injury to Hibbert.

The proof is in the pudding Moyes signed a rough diamond for £60k and he has turned out to be possibly the best RB in the Premiership . If some people want to believe that was by pure chance then so be it but personally I think Moyes played a huge part in his development and if you have ever heard Coleman speak about Moyes you would know he does to

What if Hibbert wasn't injured you say, well what if Moyes hadn't signed Coleman in the first place?

As I said, was just playing devil's advocate; but I really don't remember the two bits I've highlighted. If he had a run at right back before being moved forward then I've forgotten about it (quite conceivable), and I've got no recollection of him being slaughtered by anyone.

Quite happy to be corrected on those points.

He ultimately got his big chance due to someone else being injured so there's an element of luck in there, same as there has been for Stones more recently.

As I said, was just playing devil's advocate; but I really don't remember the two bits I've highlighted. If he had a run at right back before being moved forward then I've forgotten about it (quite conceivable), and I've got no recollection of him being slaughtered by anyone.

Quite happy to be corrected on those points.

He ultimately got his big chance due to someone else being injured so there's an element of luck in there, same as there has been for Stones more recently.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24623-coleman/page-1