IGNORED

James McCarthy

Reminds me of Roy Keane, Paul Bracewell, Peter Reid if i'm honest. Joe Parkinson was of that ilk but not as technically acomplished - a great player though.

Its a great feeling to have someone in our midfield who is what I call a proper midfielder - gets stuck in, covers the ground, has very few poor games.

I feel in two years time a big club will come knocking and he'll go for a big fee. At least double of what he was bought for. Nowadays he doesn't have the media hype. Yet.

I just hope he leaves England, he'd fit in a combative midfield like Atletico Madrid and I'd hate to see him play for a team like Chelsea.

I've said it before but I will say it again, I think he is like Peter Reid with legs...... And I loved Reidy

I think back to Reid and bracewell, they were like a pair of bouncers. But they could play, remember bracewells ball over the shoulder to Steven vs Sunderland after they dared to score. Leathered them, one of my favorite games that. I was a kid then too.

I think back to Reid and bracewell, they were like a pair of bouncers. But they could play, remember bracewells ball over the shoulder to Steven vs Sunderland after they dared to score. Leathered them, one of my favorite games that. I was a kid then too.

Classic game that was.

:lol: That's not what I meant. I meant the doubling of his wages wouldn't be quite so crazy.

No I know, I'm being satirical about the money these players are on. It's like £25k is the breadline now. The madness is he could demand treble that and be justified.

Fuck, why couldn't I have been a pro footballer. I'll be honest, I would need some seriously big slaps off my brothers to get grounded. After which I would cherish every single opportunity to play.

Fuck, why couldn't I have been a pro footballer. I'll be honest, I would need some seriously big slaps off my brothers to get grounded. After which I would cherish every single opportunity to play.

It's very well paid slavery, but most of the guys I know are injured and carry health problems for life. Only a few of them finish their career in proper conditions or get post football real jobs.

Only one in 1000 valid footballers -for many different reasons- can achieve it. The other valid potential players quit due to injuries, no reputation, lack of trust from the managers or other mental issues (big egos, lifestyle, studies, etc.).

I was semi-pro at the age of 17 in Futsal (5 a side indoor football), playing for the B team of a good team in National League and I had to retire at the age of 17 tired of muscular injuries, knee injuries and five days a week training regimes. It felt good to know I was paid to do something I love, they took care of me and it had many great things, but it has other negative sides that we don't see when we think "1 million a year". The pressure when you don't perform, the lack of an alternative career...

Guest Nikica

Some people actually compare football transfers to slavery, as it's the buying and selling of human beings (or more accurately their signatures and contracts, in this respect). Clearly when you see the contrasting way the two groups live/have lived it's a silly comparison, but it has been made.

Old thread but i missed it.

Top earners at Wigan in the prem rarely got past £30k a week, as James was basically just a young kid at Wigan, however good he was, he would have probably been on less than £20k. I would have been surprised if he was on more than £30k at Everton, so £25k seems about right to me.

Give the lad a reward for a great start to his career, just dont make it the norm to renew every year with a rise or we will find our selves with a massive wage bill.

To cement his importance (and my OCD with squad numbers) i'd love to see him get a decent squad number to make his own.

What clown let Bryan take the number 8???!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ofds slashed from 5/2 to 1/3 on sly sports.

I'd be fucking livid if we sold him after one season. I 'm also hoping sky put words in his mouth with the "we'll see what happens" comment they claimed he made.

The club should move uber quickly to quash this one. We don 't need this hanging over us all window. Usual "is this why we bought Besic" shit floating about already!!