IGNORED

James McCarthy

I'll be fucking fuming if we let this boy go. The nearest we have ever had to the great peter Reid.

Yep me too. Would be typical of Everton to unveil Lukaku then flog Mcarthey!!

I hope it's bullshit, I'll be absolutely gob smacked if we sell him. His comments to sly sports worry my slightly though. I'm hoping it 's being twisted but I'd like to watch the actual footage of that interview. The "we'll see what happens" comment is what disturbs me slightly allegedly said straight after he had said how flattered he was that United were sniffing around.

Come and get me plea? If it iswe should fuck him off immediately. He's brilliant but if he doesn't want to play for us then fuck him.

I'm saying all this on the premise he actually said what sky say he did and said it in that context.

It does go on to say how excited he is to start the season with us and stuff to be fair.

Paddock why are you reading in to this so much?? It's a non story.

Is it though, his odds slashed to 1-3 on (this a full week after the story by the way) and IF he has said those things then there is no smoke without fire.

It probably is bullshit but for some reason it's caught my attention and I get a bad feeling from it.

Maybe it's because I'm just waiting for the bombshell to arrive to knock us all off cloud 9 after the Lukaku deal. Isn't that what usually happens :lol:

On a side note and totally off topic, John Oster on SSN now, he's playing for Gateshead. Remember him!

Is it though, his odds slashed to 1-3 on (this a full week after the story by the way) and IF he has said those things then there is no smoke without fire.

It probably is bullshit but for some reason it's caught my attention and I get a bad feeling from it.

Maybe it's because I'm just waiting for the bombshell to arrive to knock us all off cloud 9 after the Lukaku deal. Isn't that what usually happens :lol:

On a side note and totally off topic, John Oster on SSN now, he's playing for Gateshead. Remember him!

You really shouldn't care about odds.

If someone wants him it's going to take a huge bid. We paid £12m for him, I also think Wigan have a sell on fee. He's Martinez golden boy. It won't happen and if it does it will be for a stupid amount of money. £30m+

I don't want us to sell him regardless of the price, he is the future of this club, he's our next captain. I rate him that highly.

SkyBet stopped taking odds on Lukaku to Wolfsburg, 24 hours before he signed for Everton.

They mean nothing. It's to worry the punter and get last minute rushes in on the reverse bet. Ignore buddy.

I know how it works Ten, mate, they sctually stopped taking bets Saturday after a flood of money came in on Wolfsburg after that agent on twitter posted he was going, they then re opened them and suspended them again yesterday dinner hour when he tweeted his "time for a new chapter" tweet. It's just them protecting their own interest mate and I get that and as I've already said it's probably all bollocks. I'm just a bit twitchy over this one for some reason.

They get it wrong all the time. Earlier in the summer Barkley was odds on to be a City player before the summer window closes. How's that one working out?

It 's worked out great for them, he's stayed so they can't lose can they!!! I mean IF a player does move the odds they give are usually correct.

It's not just the odds though is it Romney it's the players comments.

Edited by Paddock

It 's worked out great for them, he's stayed so they can't lose can they!!! I mean IF a player does move the odds they give are usually correct.

It's not just the odds though is it Romney it's the players comments.

I meant it didn't even come close to happening so their odds were way off.

The amount of times bets have been suspended this summer only for nothing to happen should tell you all you need to know - there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by Romey 1878

I meant it didn't even come close to happening so their odds were way off.

The amount of times bets have been suspended this summer only for nothing to happen should tell you all you need to know - there's nothing to worry about.

I hope you're right mate and I know the chop and change odds constantly but when a player does move they usually get it spot on.

As I've said and at the risk of repeating myself, it's the players comments that have startled me then a huge flood of money on him today.

Probably means nothing but I'll feel a lot better when Martinez quashes it like he usually does with stuff like this. It's just been a long time since Everton have made me feel this optimistic, I'm extremely wary of what's coming next.

I hope you're right mate and I know the chop and change odds constantly but when a player does move they usually get it spot on.

As I've said and at the risk of repeating myself, it's the players comments that have startled me then a huge flood of money on him today.

Probably means nothing but I'll feel a lot better when Martinez quashes it like he usually does with stuff like this. It's just been a long time since Everton have made me feel this optimistic, I'm extremely wary of what's coming next.

When I ask, McCarthy about the speculation he says: “If a club like Manchester United are interested, obviously you are doing a good job.” Then with a laugh he adds: “We will see what happens.”

If that's why you're worried so much, I wouldn't wait up for Martinez quashing the rumours. In the same interview he says how much he enjoyed last season and how 'he's looking forward to to getting into the season' as it's a 'big season ahead' with the Europa League and all.

If that's why you're worried so much, I wouldn't wait up for Martinez quashing the rumours. In the same interview he says how much he enjoyed last season and how 'he's looking forward to to getting into the season' as it's a 'big season ahead' with the Europa League and all.

Why say "we will see what happens" then, what's the need to say that?

Christ. You were really pleading for him to fuck off as he doesn't want to play for us, because he said 'we will see what happens', while laughing even?

I never said anything of the sort. What I said was if he has said that and he does want out then we should sell him. We don't need a player here that doesn't want to play for us. If, I said IF, I said it at least 4 times. He talked about how great a club United were before that and said how flattered he was by their interest then finish that off by "we'll see what happens"

In what other universe again I'll say IF he said it that way and in that order is that not a message to United he'd be interested?

I never said anything of the sort. What I said was if he has said that and he does want out then we should sell him. We don't need a player here that doesn't want to play for us. If, I said IF, I said it at least 4 times. He talked about how great a club United were before that and said how flattered he was by their interest then finish that off by "we'll see what happens"

In what other universe again I'll say IF he said it that way and in that order is that not a message to United he'd be interested?

So if he has said that, he doesn't want to play for us? Cause it just seems like a very innocuous statement to me, like he's really not concerned with the rumours and he's not taking them all too seriously. Have you seen what Morgan Schneiderlin is doing? That's sending a message, not this.

So if he has said that, he doesn't want to play for us? Cause it just seems like a very innocuous statement to me, like he's really not concerned with the rumours and he's not taking them all too seriously. Have you seen what Morgan Schneiderlin is doing? That's sending a message, not this.

If he has said that in the way sky have made out then he's out of order and Martinez should give him a rocket up his arse for it imo. No it doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for us but reading between the lines it could mean the second United bid I'm off. Whatever spin you want to put on it if that's whats been said he should not be saying things like that full stop.

That's my take on it Steve, each to their own on how you want to interpret it but "we'll see what happens" were the wrong words to use when you've just gone on about how great a club they are and how flattered you are they may be interdsted.

The best way to put this to bed is for him to sign the new contract that Roberto said would be on offer this summer, and I'm guessing that will be tied up in the next week or so. The club will want to keep this feel-good factor rolling and contract extensions are usually sorted out before the season gets going. With Rom having signed, and Ross extending his deal, the players have got to be be buzzing about the future.

Why say "we will see what happens" then, what's the need to say that?

He said that tongue in cheek in an interview with the Evening Standard

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/evertons-james-mccarthy-reveals-he-almost-joined-tottenham-and-is-pleased-with-manchester-united-interest-9634474.html

"When I ask, McCarthy about the speculation he says: “If a club like Manchester United are interested, obviously you are doing a good job.” Then with a laugh he adds: “We will see what happens.”"

Really is a non story

For what he does, which is break up play, protect the back four, play a screening game, win the ball and start phases is it easier to replace him or Lukaku for what he does? Who is more important to the team, the scorer of goals or the stopper of them?

Both to be fair mate. Imo anyway.