IGNORED

In The Immortal Words Of Yazz........

djlduffy

The only way is up for us now, with player like Beats and VDM starting to get themselves fit enough for the English League we will start climbing the table. With Per still to come in and Davies + Arteta looking more comfortable in their new found midfield positions things can only get better for us.

Cahill still isn't the player he was but hopefully he can turn this around in the near future. Come January we will sign a top striker who will natually replace Ferguson and partner BT up front.

Tings starting to look up all in all!

:(:(:D

agreed. still a lot of work to be done but we're on the way up - really impressed yesterday with the workrate the boys showed - we still looked a bit suspect at the back and against a more clinical side i think we may have lost, but all in all it was a good display.

anyone know why kroldrup (again) wasn't given a run out?

VDM - reminds me a lot of Ginola when he runs! :(

partner for Beattie would be great - but i was also impressed with the workrate of Bent when he came on - maybe there's still a place for him?

kilbane though.....not good enough i'm afraid....

aye fair play good result yesterday  :D

Header from BT wasnt it?

He needs to be careful playing with 3 legs.. :(   :(

There was a great move towards the end when Beattie hit the cross bar - He should have scored - but then it was fast flowing football that lead up to the chance - great ball to Kilbane - great ball from Kilbane - and very nearly a super finish from Beattie! had it been 6inches lower - 2-0 the blues!

Apparently Moyes plan for yesterday was to let them have the ball in their own half and take it off them in the last third. If that is true - then Everton played to that plan...

Hibbo made some great tackles and even managed a few decent CROSSES - I was amazed.

VDM - he's obviously not fit - but how good is his right foot!

Arteta - my man of the match. (Closely followed by Dunc) - never stopped running, gave boro loads of problems to deal with and put in some crucial tackles.

Dunc- I have never seen him run so much for us! First half he was all over the place and tackling midfielders.

Bent, when he came on, took the pressure off us - stayed up front and held the ball up well when Martyn was supplying some top class 'hoofs' right to Bent's feet - kept boro on edge towards the end of the game.

Yes - McClaren, you are right - Boro did dominate the possession - but then Moyes plan was to let you have the ball in the midfield (playing 5 as opposed to our 4!) and for us to take the ball off you in the final third - it worked a treat and although not pretty - it was obviously very effective.

3 points on the board - taking us into double figures, with the dreaded 'game in hand' - at least Europe was good for one thing - if we win our game in hand - thats 13 points - taking us to around 12th!

Atmosphere was very nervy yesterday - until the final whistle of course!!

aye fair play good result yesterday  :lol:

Header from BT wasnt it?

He needs to be careful playing with 3 legs.. :lol:   <_<

and still on motd2 during the 2view thingy it was all boro. boro were great at this boro were great at that.

all we got was. good goal from BT.

I would have to disagree, I though MOTD2 gave a balanced view, the highlights they showed were balance and I thought that Graham LeSaux ( although I dont like him) was fair in his opinion. We were good yesterday, but we were far from great, there was a few encouraging signs, and it was typically nervy on and off the pitch at times, which is what happens when you are chasing results. Let hope we can continue to build on this and really start to dominate teams rather than hang on

I would have to disagree, I though MOTD2 gave a balanced view, the highlights they showed were balance and I thought that Graham LeSaux ( although I dont like him) was fair in his opinion. We were good yesterday, but we were far from great, there was a few encouraging signs, and it was typically nervy on and off the pitch at times, which is what happens when you are chasing results. Let hope we can continue to build on this and really start to dominate teams rather than hang on

I think that you have hit the nail on the head - we are chasing results - and its a nervous time.

Until we have picked up points and are NOT chasing and scrapping for the odd point, the atmosphere in Goodison will not change much and the players battling (dare I say 'dogs of war') approach will not change either.

Which is why VDM is shining - any player that can create a bit of magic is going to be noticed at the moment as the rest of the team are fighting and scared to be the one that 'makes the mistake' and allows the opposition in - and it shows in our defence. We let them come at us and come at us - in the fear that if we and commit to the tackle - they will knock it past and score. I

Rant, Rant, Rant - I'm going to shut up now.

Great win on Sunday - whether they had the majority or not!

I think we are playing to ours strengths at the minute. We dont really have the players to control possesion for long periods of the game. But when we get the ball we try get it out wide and get crosses in for the two big strikers. I agree with McLaren that boro had a lot of ball but its what you do when you have it that matters and Boro didnt do enough to trouble our defence