IGNORED

Hello from Seattle (Go Sounders!)

Racheleve

Hello all,

I have to start by saying I love my Sounders and am busting at the seams for the season to start in a few weeks. Who has two thumbs and season tickets? You guessed it, this girl.

Truthfully, this was the first year I actually made a choice about who to support in the EPL. It's nice to just enjoy the beautiful game without having a dog in the fight. But when I started up my fantasy team I had to state an allegiance, which led to quite literally hours of agonizing. I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon, which obviously eliminated certain options, and I opted for a team with history and class. Also, according to some, if Everton were an American baseball team they would be the Oakland A's. I think that's pretty legit. I guess that's not the most traditional route, but here I am. And I'm happy to be here.

It was weeks and not months, and they did have Barbara Bach..

Some people say Seattle is the most depressing city in the United States, but that's not having a pop at it, merely a fairly accurate statistic. How I ended up born on the other side of the country I don't know.

Been a long time since you saw a woman participant on these pages, but will it make a difference to general behavior. Beinvenido y todos

I really had no idea being a lady on the board was such an anomaly...

Some people say Seattle is the most depressing city in the United States, but that's not having a pop at it, merely a fairly accurate statistic. How I ended up born on the other side of the country I don't know.

Seattle is great. It can be pretty rainy and dark in the winter, and I guess that's what everyone thinks about. You just have to take at least a week away somewhere sunny in the winter. And the summers are pretty glorious, probably the best kept secret. Also it's hard to complain about a place when you are surrounded by scenic water and mountains. Not to mention we have the best rivalry in the MLS between the Cascadia teams, and the Sounders draw over 40,000 people per game on average. I am quite content here...

Chat room is dead..

At least you had Nirvana, so has to be something going for it.

Never been to Washington, but visited Oregon once or twice which has woodlands and impressive scenery. Can't be much difference between the neighbors.

Yes there hasn't been any female participants on these pages for a long time. It's not so much unusual, as merely a true statistic.

Hello Racheleve,

I hope the Autumn in Seattle, isn't too bad, I've got a wedding to attend in Bellingham.I'm under the impression that it is a beautiful State/place to live.

My sons going to be there next month for a holiday, and says he wants to look for a job!unsure.png .

Keep your eye's open for a few Everton shirts.

What do you like about Everton FC.

Hello Racheleve,

I hope the Autumn in Seattle, isn't too bad, I've got a wedding to attend in Bellingham.I'm under the impression that it is a beautiful State/place to live.

My sons going to be there next month for a holiday, and says he wants to look for a job!unsure.png .

Keep your eye's open for a few Everton shirts.

What do you like about Everton FC.

The early autumn is absolutely beautiful. November, not so much.

As for what I like about Everton FC, like I said in my original post, my logic is a bit convoluted, but I'll try to explain some of it here. First, I wanted to avoid the bandwagon teams (in the States that's ManU, Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool, and to a lesser extent Arsenal and the Spurs). Do they run the Liverpool reality show in the UK too, or just the States? Also, I wanted to pick a team that wasn't soaked in oil money. In part I picked Everton because I kind of liked that the team's finances weren't great, which means that they'll keep digging up talent which I think makes the team more interesting (the A's not the Yankees!). Also they have some players I was pretty excited about at the start of the season like Baines, Fellaini, and Howard.

Manchester City and Chelsea have only come to the fore in recent years because of big investment and the ability to buy impressive names and challenge, it was only in the recent past both sides were playing second division soccer and had attendances below 20,000, with hardly any achievements to call their own.

I'm not aware of a shite reality show, and it's something I would never view, but there is the official Liverpool channel on satelite as with Celtic, Manchester United and the plastics, and that's about it.

I think americans now get drawn to us because of the players we have had in recent years such as Donovan, McBride, Max Moore and Howard to name but a few. Stick with us, as although we don't have the finances to compete with some of the aforementoned plastic teams, our history and tradition is hard to beat, and we've spent more years in the top level of english soccer than anyone else, and won a damn load of honors going back far enough. I wouldn't swap with anyone else

I'm not aware of a shite reality show, and it's something I would never view, but there is the official Liverpool channel on satelite as with Celtic, Manchester United and the plastics, and that's about it.

Yeah they run this show called "Being Liverpool" here. I've only seen it on Fox Soccer (which is on in my house all weekend every weekend). It's totally bizarre, and they probably just needed the money. As an American it's really hard to understand what any of the people on the show are saying anyway...

I actually watched 'Being Liverpool' just because nothing was on. It was the episode where they signed Borini and was interesting in parts if you forget the fact that you're watching Liverpool. It obviously has its annoying parts though, for example when Brendan Rogers went round his house showing off his family photos I wanted to gauge my eyes out.

Not watched it since.