IGNORED

Ticket and Transport questions

Etienne Daho

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

When I booked our easyJet tickets for Milan Feb half term, they rose by over £500 within half hour of booking them, I think they then drop after the initial panic buying.

Yup they have somewhat, £815 now; and you're right obviously, not looking for cheap seats at Goodison, just the best view.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 18:52, Romey 1878 said:

I’d guess 8am or 9am. 

8.00 according to the site so my alarm is set; plumber due at 9.00 so no prob with the "early" start for me (I realise some have to get up earlier every day, used to be 5.30 for me).

So tough to get tickets now, was looking at the Cardiff game earlier and there were exactly six seats left and that's three weeks away. We need that new stadium!

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

8.00 according to the site so my alarm is set; plumber due at 9.00 so no prob with the "early" start for me (I realise some have to get up earlier every day, used to be 5.30 for me).

So tough to get tickets now, was looking at the Cardiff game earlier and there were exactly six seats left and that's three weeks away. We need that new stadium!

And not fucking 55K!

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Glad you got it sorted, Mike :) 

Email informing me the member's "priority window" was open arrived at 12.58:rolleyes:.

Think this will be the first league game in years when we've not had restricted views, not that they bother me overly because once you're caught up in the game you forget about them (I do anyway). Going to get up really early and be at the hotel by 2.00 so we can have an explore, we're normally just up and back. I've never been to Prince Rupert's Tower for example and we'll probably have a gander at Bramley-Moore Dock as well before hitting The Winslow.

Mr Burns will love me, hotel is up near Aintree so we'll be using Merseyrail from Old Roan to Kirkdale each way. Fares cheaper than parking and no hassle getting out of the car park! No worries over having a few beers either, might even get back to the hotel in time for a nightcap, love it when a plan comes together:). Bit of walking involved but I can live with that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to plan a trip over from America for a game at Goodison with my sister.  With our schedule the Man City game on Feb. 23rd works the best but wondering if that game has the chance of being rescheduled due to the fact City is in so many competitions still.  Any thoughts? Is there anywhere online where you can look up the likelihood of games being rescheduled.  Wondering if I should push for the Wolves game? 

31 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Trying to plan a trip over from America for a game at Goodison with my sister.  With our schedule the Man City game on Feb. 23rd works the best but wondering if that game has the chance of being rescheduled due to the fact City is in so many competitions still.  Any thoughts? Is there anywhere online where you can look up the likelihood of games being rescheduled.  Wondering if I should push for the Wolves game? 

I wouldn't even bank on the Wolves game not being move to be honest. Having said that the City game doesn't have a CL round of matches in the week before it so it won't be shifted other than for TV purposes but you'd probably still need to build in a bit of flexibility: also getting tickets for Wolves will probably be marginally easier. Once the very few left go on general sale for any match you have to be quick to get a half decent seat and the City match will always be tricky. You could invest in membership for the two of you to get priority booking (would need both of you as membership only allows one seat per person).

Alternative, that's been suggested before, is to email the club and tell them you're coming long distance for a "once in a lifetime" visit; I don't know how well this works but worth a try. Good luck and I hope your trip is memorable!

On 29/11/2018 at 12:03, MikeO said:

I wouldn't even bank on the Wolves game not being move to be honest. Having said that the City game doesn't have a CL round of matches in the week before it so it won't be shifted other than for TV purposes but you'd probably still need to build in a bit of flexibility: also getting tickets for Wolves will probably be marginally easier. Once the very few left go on general sale for any match you have to be quick to get a half decent seat and the City match will always be tricky. You could invest in membership for the two of you to get priority booking (would need both of you as membership only allows one seat per person).

Alternative, that's been suggested before, is to email the club and tell them you're coming long distance for a "once in a lifetime" visit; I don't know how well this works but worth a try. Good luck and I hope your trip is memorable!

Looks like the Carrabao Cup Final is Feb 24th so if City made it all the way, the game would be moved I am assuming? Maybe I should look for another weekend? Or wait and see if Leicester City pull the upset in mid December?

On 05/12/2018 at 15:43, plaidharper said:

Looks like the Carrabao Cup Final is Feb 24th so if City made it all the way, the game would be moved I am assuming? Maybe I should look for another weekend? Or wait and see if Leicester City pull the upset in mid December?

Yeah, just going to plan for the Wolves game instead and see how that goes.

• 1 month later...

I want to buy three tickets on Stubhub for the Manchester City match in February. I am looking at either Park End or the Paddocks. It is a lot easier to find good tickets if you can live with having two seats in one stand and one seat in anorher stand.

Are all stands totally separated from each other? Or will we be able to ‘meet’ in the half-time if one sits in one of the Paddock stands and the two others in another Paddock stand? And the same with the Park End stands...

/Kasper, Denmark

59 minutes ago, Kasper Andersen said:

I want to buy three tickets on Stubhub for the Manchester City match in February. I am looking at either Park End or the Paddocks. It is a lot easier to find good tickets if you can live with having two seats in one stand and one seat in anorher stand.

Are all stands totally separated from each other? Or will we be able to ‘meet’ in the half-time if one sits in one of the Paddock stands and the two others in another Paddock stand? And the same with the Park End stands...

/Kasper, Denmark

It's been many years since I sat in the Paddock so I'm not sure if the concourse runs the whole length of the pitch, someone will know, @Paddock?

You certainly won't be able to meet up if you separate between there and the Park End though.

2 hours ago, Kasper Andersen said:

Thanks for your help 😊Just to be sure: Are Paddock 3, 4, and 5 separated from each other? Hence if one is in P3 and the others in P4 we will not be able to meet up before after the game? 

2 hours ago, Kasper Andersen said:

And that is the same for for example Park End 2 and 3?

Can't be 100% certain of the Paddock but I'm pretty sure you'll be OK, Park end no problem.

On 08/01/2019 at 15:27, Kasper Andersen said:

/Kasper, Denmark

@MikeO as well..

yes no matter where you sit in the Paddock you can walk the whole length of the concourse ( apart from the away end obviously) and Mikes right you wont be able to meet up if you seperate stands unless one sits in the Lower Bullens then you could all meet. Not sure there’s any good specs in the Lower Bullens though.

On 08/01/2019 at 17:41, Kasper Andersen said:

Thanks for your help 😊Just to be sure: Are Paddock 3, 4, and 5 separated from each other? Hence if one is in P3 and the others in P4 we will not be able to meet up before after the game? 

It’s just different blocks- we were block 3 which is half way line 4 will we the block to the left of that 2 to the right etc. So if you were in block 1 I was in 3 and Mike for example block 4 we could all meet. It’s just banks of seats with isles between them to walk down.

• 3 weeks later...

I am an Everton fan living in the US. 
Stubhub sold me two tickets for (then) Feb 23 match against Manchester City fully knowing that match would not take place on that date.
The match was moved forward to February 6. Even knowing that they continued to advertise and sell tickets for Feb 23.
This was not unexpected or force majeure.
They will not refund, they will not even allow me to re-list the tickets (at a lower price) in the EvertonFC - Stubhub site.
Of course I cannot attend.  They are hiding behind legalistic protections when they miss-represented the sale knowingly.  This is really not Ok.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's happening. First ever Everton game. April 7 v. Arsenal. Now I need your help...

Which seats are best? As this will likely be my only trip for the next 20-30 years I want the full experience. Preference would be birds-eye view in a loud section or as close the pitch as possible in a loud section. Also don't mind standing at all so if there are sections that tend to that I'm in.

I'll be coming in the night before from Newcastle (my brothers team - hopefully we see them stomp palace). What should we do Sunday morning? Best pubs for lunch and drinks before the game?

Thank you all in advance. Words cannot describe how excited I am. The tears are literally flowing just typing this.

Excellent, for the best birds eye views, the main stand and top balcony are best, with seat numbers 85-115 being close to the half way line,, avoid the very back row if possible, they don't have a great view, theres a bit of noise, depending on how well we're playing. The best place for noise is the Gwladys St End, can't help you on the best seats though, others will, as well as the best places for a drink, I go with my 14yr old so beers aren't on my agenda yet. There is the fan zone at the park end for pre match entertainment, there's usually an ex player interviewed, some live music and other stuff, and you can get a beer there also. Dry your eyes and start counting down the sleeps!

On 25/02/2019 at 10:59, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's happening. First ever Everton game. April 7 v. Arsenal. Now I need your help...

Which seats are best? As this will likely be my only trip for the next 20-30 years I want the full experience. Preference would be birds-eye view in a loud section or as close the pitch as possible in a loud section. Also don't mind standing at all so if there are sections that tend to that I'm in.

I'll be coming in the night before from Newcastle (my brothers team - hopefully we see them stomp palace). What should we do Sunday morning? Best pubs for lunch and drinks before the game?

Thank you all in advance. Words cannot describe how excited I am. The tears are literally flowing just typing this.

That's awesome.  Just went to my first game earlier this month against Wolves.  Sat in the Main Stand which had a decent view of both ends.  It was relatively quiet where I sat minus a few moans, some snide comments (that I agreed with) towards the ref from a 5 year old girl who sat behind us (Dad must have taught her well), and when the cat ran onto the field. So if you are looking for loud you might want to take up Wiggytop's suggest of the Gwladys St End.

We ate in the city centre before the game so I cannot help you with food near the stadium.  As for pubs, we hit up The Brick first.  Good atmosphere and full of supporters.  Also had the earlier game on TV which was nice. Then we hit up the Winslow Hotel because I felt like we had too.  Place was packed.  Was replaying some highlights of older games.  Also checked out the Fan zone which does seem like it would be a good place to be if you had people with you who were younger or didn't drink (as Wiggytop mentioned they have various food, drink, and entertainment).  If you get over to the area earlier than we did there are certainly more Everton pubs to check out near the stadium.

Are you there just for the day?

Thank you Wiggy and Plaid. Yes in and out in 24 hours (10pm-10pm) unfortunately. Staying in City Centre so planning an early morning run to the docks to see Bramley-Moore, quick shower and a taxi over to Stanley Park where i'll find the first watering hole and have a few pints. 

Anyone have tips for Gwladys St End tickets and pubs close to Goodison?

24 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Thank you Wiggy and Plaid. Yes in and out in 24 hours (10pm-10pm) unfortunately. Staying in City Centre so planning an early morning run to the docks to see Bramley-Moore, quick shower and a taxi over to Stanley Park where i'll find the first watering hole and have a few pints. 

Anyone have tips for Gwladys St End tickets and pubs close to Goodison?

Main tip would be to wear some nip guards for your run. Gets windy down the docks. 

Regarding the Gwladys Street try not to get a ticket too far back as the roof of the stand above will impede your view. The section half way up behind the goal and stretching towards the bullens tends to look the liveliest from where I sit.