IGNORED

Eating, Drinking & Cooking Thread.

Zoo

Starter - Spaghetti Bolognese

ย 

Out of interest....did you know that nobody in Italy (particularly in the Bologna region) would ever consider eating Bolognese sauce with spaghetti?

ย 

It's purely a foreign invention....in Italy it's served with tagliatelli mostly, though other shapes are acceptable.....just not spaghettishaking%20fist.png .

ย 

ย 

Was looking forward to a roast at the in-laws tomorrow but the car exhaust disintegrated this afternoon so we can't get theresad.png .

Out of interest....did you know that nobody in Italy (particularly in the Bologna region) would ever consider eating Bolognese sauce with spaghetti?

ย 

It's purely a foreign invention....in Italy it's served with tagliatelli mostly, though other shapes are acceptable.....just not spaghettishaking%20fist.png .

ย 

ย 

Was looking forward to a roast at the in-laws tomorrow but the car exhaust disintegrated this afternoon so we can't get theresad.png .

like tikka misala (or however its spelt), thats apparently a Scottish invention

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

They actually think we're idiots for having it with spaghetti because the sauce can't stick to it.

Pizza to celebrate Everton winning tonight! Does anyone else have a meal that they have to celebrate? I can remember when I was little I used to have a hot-dog outside the ground every time Everton won. I think I racked up quite a few in my younger days! :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Any good cookbooks you guys are aware of that contain simple, tasty recipes? I'm getting into cooking more and more as I get older, but I need to start slow.

ย 

I'm not really picky about any type of food.

ย 

Don't use cookbooks, I'm a "make it up as you along" man; though sometimes I use the 'net for pointers if I'm trying something new. Love to use a slow cooker though which is a relatively new toy, makes meat melt in the mouth (oh! Accidental alliteration :D).

ย 

Don't use cookbooks, I'm a "make it up as you along" man; though sometimes I use the 'net for pointers if I'm trying something new. Love to use a slow cooker though which is a relatively new toy, makes meat melt in the mouth (oh! Accidental alliteration :D).

ย 

You mean like a crockpot? I use that quite a bit -- takes some time but well worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...