Jump to content

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion


Zoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd be very wary of Lampard. 

He might be suited to more average squads but at Chelsea I thought he was tactically very average. You see Tuchel go in there and it was like chalk and cheese with the way they pressed, kept the ball and attacked. 

We are desperate for structure and Lampard's teams don't seem to have that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

I wouldn’t mind giving either Rooney or Lampard a go.

Why not? Attack minded football…. Something we’ve lacked for a while. 

Not sure attack has been the problem when everyone has been fit. Defending and CM is what we've missed for an age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure attack has been the problem when everyone has been fit. Defending and CM is what we've missed for an age.

Our attack is fine, but our attacking football lacks. Part of this is down to the centre midfield position. But I agree CB is our top priority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Good move if it happens I think.

 

14 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

He commands a lot of respect and bleeds blue!!

I hope he has more qualifications than just having played for us in the past like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he has more qualifications than just having played for us in the past like.

Done his badges and works for some training academy. If we were to have ex players around I’d rather it be someone like Tim who doesn’t mince his words. If we just keep hiring ex players though, not sure how positive that would be long term. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, StevO said:

Done his badges and works for some training academy. If we were to have ex players around I’d rather it be someone like Tim who doesn’t mince his words. If we just keep hiring ex players though, not sure how positive that would be long term. 

I posted a while back something about him being a good potential manager after listening to him on Carragher's podcast.  Not only does he have a real passion for the club but from listening to him on there I could see how passionate he is about watching the game, understanding tactics and performances and always looking to improve.  If he had some managerial experience with some success behind him I'd be all for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/01/2022 at 16:00, Romey 1878 said:

 

 

I hope he has more qualifications than just having played for us in the past like.

I actually think Cahill has - I follow him on social media and he’s clearly been working through his badges and involved in football (in the Middle East I think). Seems a clever, straight forward bloke and very likeable. A character I’d welcome here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just accidentally clicked on my profile and it lists my favourite player as Baines.

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to think about who their favourite player is out of this current bunch? 

I'm not sure I would be too sad to see any of these lot be sold on. 

That’s a good question favourite players are normally outstanding players from the past, the current crop have no one who will go down as outstanding imo, but if I had to choose it would be Coleman purely based on longevity and nothing else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just accidentally clicked on my profile and it lists my favourite player as Baines.

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to think about who their favourite player is out of this current bunch? 

I'm not sure I would be too sad to see any of these lot be sold on. 

Mine too. Baines is still my favourite out of all current club employees. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I just accidentally clicked on my profile and it lists my favourite player as Baines.

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to think about who their favourite player is out of this current bunch? 

I'm not sure I would be too sad to see any of these lot be sold on. 

Richie for his work rate. Love a player with heart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s a good question favourite players are normally outstanding players from the past, the current crop have no one who will go down as outstanding imo, but if I had to choose it would be Coleman purely based on longevity and nothing else. 

Yeh Coleman maybe but I feel like the last few seasons have soured my view on him a little. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Richie for his work rate. Love a player with heart.

He was the one I thought of and would be closest. I just couldnt get over how much of a sulky little bitch he could be at times 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

How come the Man City investigation seemed to proceed quicker? I know it was adults.

CPS obviously thought they had enough evidence to charge the guy, with our guy they're still investigating; I know personally that cases like these involving children can take an age, and no, I wasn't the suspect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a “Next Few Matches” post.  It assumes that Doucouré will be available in 2 weeks.

Even if our back 4 (any 4) improve, they’re likely to be average at very best, still prone to lapses.  So we need: (1) 3-man midfield, and (2) goals.

Good news is we have some attacking talent in Gray, Richarlison, Gordon, and DCL.

Bad news is we can’t have on the pitch at the same time both our preferred 3 in midfield and all 4 of our attackers.  (Unless we go 3 at the back.....  Nope.)

Best options seem to be: (1) 4-3-2-1, with DCL, whose lengthy absence has set him back noticeably, on bench, 2d half sub.

Or (2): 4-4-2, with Gomes on bench, 2d half sub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder what the club are going to do about next seasons season tickets after already announcing they’ll be going up next season. They usually go on sale April time I think, but how can they justify charging extra when they can’t be sure what division we’ll be in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...