IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

47 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Looks like SportPesa are trying to crawl out of their arseholes this morning after yesterday's embarrassing tweet. 

DM1Lj4KXUAAW0VD.jpg

Should NEVER have sent it but they've at least admitted and apologised. Someone's in deep shit. 

Here's the deleted tweet for anyone who didn't see it.

DM1NtYPWAAAGQiw.jpg

Yeah they dropped a bollocks there but at least the apology seems very genuine.

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Read some of the comments on that article some dick heads claim we are a small club, Hicksville red necks who know nothing about football.

This comment sits well with us unfortunate enough to be born after '85. https://discussion.theguardian.com/comment-permalink/107428160

Edit: Bollocks can't do a direct link to a specific comment 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can you copy paste it?

CassiusClay: Good article and as a Toffee I can commend its pretty fair and accurate appraisal of my team. Funnily enough, my father came from a Red Hot LFC supporting family but as a child he started supporting Everton after seeing them thrashed by Liverpool. Always one for supporting the underdog, he became the blue sheep of the family and the rest is history.
I often think what what have been. All those European Cups, FA Cups, League Cups and Titles I would have celebrated by to be honest, I'm glad he attached himself to The School of Science rather than LFC.
To use Robert Pirsigs definition in Zen & the art of Motorcycle Maintainance. LFC are the Classicists. EFC are the Romantics and give me Romantics every time!

Jon: Yeah you missed out on all that plastic trophy stuff but by god it's character building being a blue.

I watched a show with Gary interviewing Phil Neville about a couple of our games. 

First he said that he didn't enjoy or look forward to the derby... 

He said Moyes didn't speak to the players for almost a week and then told them they are playing for their careers after losing an cup semi final (not sure which). 

He also said his best ever performance was the 4-4 game against Utd when he was directly responsible for 2 of their goals. 

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

I’m more worried now that we’re going to go down than I ever have been. We are leaki g goals, we have no striker and aren’t scoring, we’ve no manager and the team looks lost.

By Christmas we could be 10 points adrift then no manager or player will entertain us.

Now is not the time to give an unproven Unsworth a chance. If we were on 37 points with 10 games remaining or something I’d happily write the season off to give him a go- it’s not about Unsworth as a manager, it’s about gambling with our league atatus. Some are saying it’s only 10 game- well 1 draw and 2 more defeats and that’s 13 games which is a 3rd of the season gone and before we know it it’ll be new year andcwe could be 10 points off safety- then it’s a long long way back. It’s time to act and act now- Moshiri needs to slap Kenwright down with his Unsworth or Moyes shouts, identify his man and turn up with a briefcase full of 50s 3 smoking hot brasses and half an ounce of yayhoo in his arse pocket and get him in- whatever it takes, I don’t give a fuck how he does it but get it fucking done.

The way some of you guys are feeling makes me worry!

Usually I'm quite happy to be blindly optimistic with Everton. It's always helped me!!!

But some of you with wiser heads are making me shit myself a bit.

I'm sure we'll be ok...but fuckin hell, how did we end up like this?!

35 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The way some of you guys are feeling makes me worry!

Usually I'm quite happy to be blindly optimistic with Everton. It's always helped me!!!

But some of you with wiser heads are making me shit myself a bit.

I'm sure we'll be ok...but fuckin hell, how did we end up like this?!

Newty- it’s beyond bad mate- it’s not just one part of us, it’s all over the pich. Goals leaked defensive mids are like startled rabbits attacking mids not creating a fucking thing and attackers not scoring. It’s a fucking disaster.

I know I moan and I fume when we lose and I also see the negative 9 times out of 10 but I’m actually genuinely seriously worries, for the first time in a long long time,  

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Newty- it’s beyond bad mate- it’s not just one part of us, it’s all over the pich. Goals leaked defensive mids are like startled rabbits attacking mids not creating a fucking thing and attackers not scoring. It’s a fucking disaster.

I know I moan and I fume when we lose and I also see the negative 9 times out of 10 but I’m actually genuinely seriously worries, for the first time in a long long time,  

Bloody hell Pad...no need to make it worse Mate!!!

I needed an arm around the shoulder not a kick in the balls.

:lol:

I remember Koeman alluding to the fact we lacked players ‘at their peak’ - say 26-30 yrs (but obviously this isn’t true for all). Yesterday we only had Mirallas, Lennon and Gueye who fit this (before Niasse and Sigurdsson came on).

In fact in the whole squad we are seriously short in players ‘at the peak’ of their career...

Sigurdsson 

Bolasie (injured)

Schneiderlin

Mirallas

Niasse (not good enough IMO)

Lennon

McCarthy (always injured)

Martina (not good enough IMO)

Coleman (injured)

Gueye

Mori (injured)

Robles (not good enough IMO)

Koeman clearly didn’t address this in the summer!

We have some great youngsters but they need these players to be playing consistently so they can establish themselves; theoretically, the players above should be the mainstays of the 1st team. Equally, we’re relying on too many players whose best years are behind them - mainly in defence.

4 hours ago, c1982 said:

I remember Koeman alluding to the fact we lacked players ‘at their peak’ - say 26-30 yrs (but obviously this isn’t true for all). Yesterday we only had Mirallas, Lennon and Gueye who fit this (before Niasse and Sigurdsson came on)

I’d argue for outfield players it’s  more like 24-28, so it’s really just Gana who started on the weekend that’s in that bracket (I definitely wouldn’t say Mirallas or Lennon are “at their peak”).

I think Sig, Klaasen and Keane were bought in with the assumption that they’d be at their peak over the duration of their contracts. Unfortunately they’ve all been shite to average so far. Whether that’s down to adjusting to new tactics, having a shite manager, lack confidence or just being overrated we’ll just have to see. 

This current situation is so typical for us. After the jubilation of the summer spending, I actually believed that we might be able to challenge the top 6, or at least have a decent cup run. 

Can't believe I was so naive to get my hopes up and think that we might do something positive this year.

I just can't believe what is going on to be honest. Really cannot get my head around it.

The way we are struggling was unforseen, or at least unforseen to this extent. Out of 2 cups that we expected to have a good go at.

I didn't expect us to finish top 4 or even top 6, but to finish a strong 7th pushing hard on the shoulder of 6th.

I don't worry about relegation. But we really do need to improve in several areas.