IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

7 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Guarantee you every player in that squad now respects Unsworth. Baines couldn't find enough praise for him after the Watford game.

How do these unknown managers become known? They all would have tackled some ego at some point.

And like you say, fair play to Unsworth for doing the right thing and sending out the right message.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Unsworths stock has just risen if this is true and his respect levels have just taken a hug upturn. Listen to Baines comments and you can clearly see how the rest of the squad have reacted.

he has just given Kenright something to counter Moshiri over.

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Unsworths stock has just risen if this is true and his respect levels have just taken a hug upturn. Listen to Baines comments and you can clearly see how the rest of the squad have reacted.

he has just given Kenright something to counter Moshiri over.

agreed.  baines said "he has been faultless", high praise indeed.  it sounds like the martinez reign, some cliques causing trouble, no eto'o but surprise surprise mirallas still the trouble maker.  fuck him off already, he's worthless on the pitch anyways.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed.  baines said "he has been faultless", high praise indeed.  it sounds like the martinez reign, some cliques causing trouble, no eto'o but surprise surprise mirallas still the trouble maker.  fuck him off already, he's worthless on the pitch anyways.

Eto'o one makes me laugh, he cottoned on straight away that Martinez was shite, told the other players this and that's why he was fucked off, Sammy was right all along!

As for Mirallas, I've always wanted to like him, but he's a fucking nob isn't he. Half arses games, scores a blinder once every blue moon then falls out with the manager.

Surprised by Schneirdlan though, thought he would be a down to earth fella, unless he comes back grovelling then fuck him off. He's been shite anyway.

1 minute ago, aaron said:

Eto'o one makes me laugh, he cottoned on straight away that Martinez was shite, told the other players this and that's why he was fucked off, Sammy was right all along!

As for Mirallas, I've always wanted to like him, but he's a fucking nob isn't he. Half arses games, scores a blinder once every blue moon then falls out with the manager.

Surprised by Schneirdlan though, thought he would be a down to earth fella, unless he comes back grovelling then fuck him off. He's been shite anyway.

watching everton videos on the OS sometimes you catch kev being an idiot in the background.  one interview with Seamus and you hear a car peeling out the lot and camera moves and you see some ferrari or something driving all reckless at top speed out of finch farm.  camera person asks "whos' that" , Seamus shakes his head ...."mirallas" and gives a kinda look your father gives when he says "i'm not mad at you son, just disappointed".

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

watching everton videos on the OS sometimes you catch kev being an idiot in the background.  one interview with Seamus and you hear a car peeling out the lot and camera moves and you see some ferrari or something driving all reckless at top speed out of finch farm.  camera person asks "whos' that" , Seamus shakes his head ...."mirallas" and gives a kinda look your father gives when he says "i'm not mad at you son, just disappointed".

Yeah always seemed to be him and Delafeou who where the "class clowns". We've fucked one off, time to fuck the other off. Gobshites.

I have Mirralas name on his first seasons shirt. He was my favourite player for a while. I was always telling friends, watch him, he is going to be a star.  Years later I found myself still saying it. Should have been better.

Morgan. It’s no secret I have never been a fan. There have been games where he has excelled and I have thought... I see what people mean now. But again it’s never often enough. His style stifles is and slows us down. 

I would still give him the benefit of the doubt though,... unless the rumour about him chucking his bib in is true... then get rid. We have no room for petulant kids.

Talking to  no.1 son yesterday.  He is taking grandson to the Southampton (away) game, grandson at Liverpool Uni, son lives in Nottingham. Son will be driving to Coventry to pick up grandson who will be getting the train from Liverpool to Coventry.  Driving to Southampton via Maidenhead as they will be visiting us.  Staying overnight in Southampton then doing the reverse trip after the match.  When I was a lad, it was a penny on the tram to get to Goodison. Away games weren't on the agenda in those days.

26 minutes ago, johnh said:

Talking to  no.1 son yesterday.  He is taking grandson to the Southampton (away) game, grandson at Liverpool Uni, son lives in Nottingham. Son will be driving to Coventry to pick up grandson who will be getting the train from Liverpool to Coventry.  Driving to Southampton via Maidenhead as they will be visiting us.  Staying overnight in Southampton then doing the reverse trip after the match.  When I was a lad, it was a penny on the tram to get to Goodison. Away games weren't on the agenda in those days.

Being a soft southerner away games were all I could get to for many years; luckily back then away "end" meant away end so it was never a problem getting into the ground and paying at the gate. Going to Chelsea always annoyed me though because post game Everton fans were always herded to Fulham Broadway by the plod (no offence LB) and put on the northbound platform to get to Euston. I lived in Wimbledon so wanted to go south but they'd never let me on the southbound platform so I had to go one stop north to West Brompton and then get off and go back the right way.

Now home games are the only option so we have the horrific M5/M6 to cope with. Booked a hotel for the night after the Swansea game next month and wife will be coming with us; so we check in the hotel and leave her there while me & Josh go to the game. Already cost me more than £100 today so 1d on the tram sounds a brilliant option John!

On 16/11/2017 at 14:56, markjazzbassist said:

i was gonna say the same.  klaassen with some nice finishes.

I thought he only had the chance to finish them because he wasnt up against a proper defender. He wouldn' have even had the chance to get a shot off on a couple of those he scored!

57 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Isn't it strange that amidst all the dross we're the only team to have taken anything off Man City:huh:? And we were ten minutes off winning the game; seems a long time ago.

One of life's great mysteries, always expect the unexpected or it was just a fluke take your pick I think normal service will resume in our next meeting,  we should win 2-1 :P

45 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

I know in some of your eyes this man can do no wrong but I'm firmly in the WTF does he do camp.

He's meant to put the fire in the players bellies and I've not seen it since the Moyes days (unfortunately), way before Ferguson was brought in.

I think a few have raised this question over time.

It's a valid point.

1 hour ago, Lowensda said:

I know in some of your eyes this man can do no wrong but I'm firmly in the WTF does he do camp.

He's meant to put the fire in the players bellies and I've not seen it since the Moyes days (unfortunately), way before Ferguson was brought in.

He celebrates goals properly.

He should have gone with the rest of Koeman's coaching staff. 

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Isn’t he the forward coach? Did ok with Lukaku didn’t he, but who’s he got to coach now?

Agreed, I’ve never understood the fixation with Ferguson.  He’s a striker coach not even assistant head coach, all he does is work with the strikers.  Niasse is scoring, DCL looks to not be a finisher, what do you want dunc to do?  Transform some average players into Thierry Henry?  No striking coach does that.  

Just something else for the doom and gloom crew to bitch about.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Agreed, I’ve never understood the fixation with Ferguson.  He’s a striker coach not even assistant head coach, all he does is work with the strikers.  Niasse is scoring, DCL looks to not be a finisher, what do you want dunc to do?  Transform some average players into Thierry Henry?  No striking coach does that.  

Just something else for the doom and gloom crew to bitch about.

For once something I agree with you about mjb!