IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

yeah Mike, a great substitution but Joe Royle didnt know much about it .:D

I'm just amazed, can remember exactly where I watched the game live on TV and remember(I thought) every detail of it but I never realised that had occurred. We were massive underdogs and the media were all creaming their pants about a Spurs/United final and we destroyed them, loved it!

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Beautiful 

Our eldest grandson has a condition which isn'tt actually Down's but it affects him in a very similar way, if you met him you'd probably (and understandably) assume it was Down's so it's close to my heart stuff like this. We spent a long time looking after him when he was little and his mum couldn't cope, now he's nearly as big as me! Spent weeks sat by incubators in ICU baby units with him and today he could be a prop forward:lol:.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Our eldest grandson has a condition which isn'ttt actually Down's but it affects him in a very similar way, if you met him you'd probably (and understandably) assume it was Down's so it's close to my heart stuff like this. We spent a long time looking after him when he was little and his mum couldn't cope, now he's nearly as big as me! Spent weeks sat by incubators in ICU baby units with him and today he could be a prop forward:lol:.

Very emotional Mike I don’t now how it happens but it’s like some children with special needs by fate or whatever are born into special families your all lucky to have each other, I can feel your love and pride in your words. 

Thanks for sharing that mate. 

I just realized that we might be the ones to push West Ham down to the Championship! I shall be staying at a hotel near Heathrow airport from noon that Saturday until noon on Sunday, and I thought the game was on Saturday - and hoped to get a ticket. It turns out, however, we're playing on Sunday. ☹️

On 01/05/2018 at 13:10, MikeO said:

Our eldest grandson has a condition which isn'tttt actually Down's but it affects him in a very similar way, if you met him you'd probably (and understandably) assume it was Down's so it's close to my heart stuff like this. We spent a long time looking after him when he was little and his mum couldn't cope, now he's nearly as big as me! Spent weeks sat by incubators in ICU baby units with him and today he could be a prop forward:lol:.

So you're seeing the results of your love and commitment to the lad! :)

I have a lot of time for kids (and adults) afflicted in such a way. While I now work away from home each week, I used to spend half a day each month at an event hosting such adults. It's sad that too many people talk down to them, whereas they are smart and long for real conversation. While others spent time preparing meals and organizing games, I would mingle and chat with them - which I very much enjoyed. There's little so joyful in this world than, when someone struggling, smiles when they see you and gives a big hug. :) I really miss being able to share with them in this way. In fact, it's got to the point where I'm seriously considering taking vacation time on the days of these events so I can once again participate.

I've just read on the Everton website that the players want to defend their unbeaten record until the end of the season, a record they descibed as "unbeaten in eight games, apart from the defeat to Champions Manchester City". 🤣🤣

19 hours ago, Loose said:

I've just read on the Everton website that the players want to defend their unbeaten record until the end of the season, a record they descibed as "unbeaten in eight games, apart from the defeat to Champions Manchester City". 🤣🤣

If that’s true and it was said in a serious manner then that is fucking shocking.

On 06/05/2018 at 18:15, Loose said:

23 hours ago, Paddock said:

If that’s true and it was said in a serious manner then that is fucking shocking.

Fake news.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/05/06/tom-davies

It mentions the current unbeaten run here -

Tom Davies says Everton’s players are being driven by their desire to end the 2017/18 season with their current unbeaten run still intact.

Then goes on to mention that that run is 5 games, but also includes that we've only lost once in the last 8 (against City) -

The 1-1 draw made it five games without defeat for the Blues, whose only loss in eight has come against champions Manchester City. 

They're just clinging on to any positive, as they will with the current mood, but they don’t describe it in the way it's been twisted.

On 08/05/2018 at 05:07, Romey 1878 said:

Fake news.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/05/06/tom-davies

It mentions the current unbeaten run here -

Then goes on to mention that that run is 5 games, but also includes that we've only lost once in the last 8 (against City) -

They're just clinging on to any positive, as they will with the current mood, but they don’t describe it in the way it's been twisted.

Loose with the facts. 

" ... unbeaten in eight games, apart from the defeat to Champions Manchester City" 

" ... only loss in eight has come against champions Manchester City".

Not a million miles apart, really.  The point being losses to big clubs like City don't really count. But feel free to carry on defending that.

40 minutes ago, Loose said:

" ... unbeaten in eight games, apart from the defeat to Champions Manchester City" 

Not a million miles apart, really.  The point being losses to big clubs like City don't really count. But feel free to carry on defending that.

Trying to convince the Earth is flat there....

1 hour ago, Loose said:

That isn'tt even close to what they're saying. But feel free to keep chatting complete shite.

Safest thing about Sam and the rest of the club has been this.... nothing to play for mentality.

Though we’re on the last game of the season, and had we picked up two more points.... that’s 2!, we would have been in contention for Europe going Into the last game of the season. 

O know the goal difference is huge, but if we had won a couple more game, it would t have even made a difference. Burnley earned their place, by beating us.