IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

New DOF en route ✔

Allerdyce all but certainly sacked ✔

Rooney hopefully set to leave ✔

Only 2 days after the season end, so things look to be heading in the right direction and quickly.

Just waiting for the new CEO and new gaffer to take charge then we can get on with a tough summer of signings.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:08, Bill said:
Date: 9th May 2018 at 9:22am
Written by: Football Insider

By Richard Parks

Everton are considering Porto boss Sergio Conceicao as potential replacement for Sam Allardyce, according to a report.

is  this a new name or have we looked at him before, its from a week ago but i hadnt heard it.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsene-wenger-sergio-conceicao-linked-14634061

Just now, nyblue23 said:

Hopefully never.

The mob has gotten their scalps now. It will temporarily hold them over until they start to bitch about not signing a ton of players this summer (more need to leave than come in, new DoF and Manager need to scout, World Cup Summer, abbreviated transfer window).

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

The mob has gotten their scalps now. It will temporarily hold them over until they start to bitch about not signing a ton of players this summer (more need to leave than come in, new DoF and Manager need to scout, World Cup Summer, abbreviated transfer window).

The last two are inevitable, but we've all seen what massive overhaul can do to a squad. I think most of this forum, at least, will be more than satisfied as long as Brands brings in a good player or three who fill the obvious needs of the squad, and as long as the manager who is brought in gets the team playing in a moderately attractive, cohesive style.

That's all anyone asked for in the first place, isn'tt it? Nothing but the best?

24 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I think you are being derogatory towards a number of people there. Maybe without intent.

You'll always have moaners. They come in any walk of life. But a lot of well informed, long standing fans have not been happy for a valid reason.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

I think you are being derogatory towards a number of people there. Maybe without intent.

You'll always have moaners. They come in any walk of life. But a lot of well informed, long standing fans have not been happy for a valid reason.

No, absolutely intentional there.

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

No, absolutely intentional there.

So you intentionally label the majority of Evertonians as a 'mob'?!!! Because we all wanted the same thing in the end.

I don't get why you would! But I guess it's safe to do so online!

I get that there are a section of fans that act like spoilt kids but you seem to have used the term 'mob' aimed at everyone who was unhappy, which was a lot!

30 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

So you intentionally label the majority of Evertonians as a 'mob'?!!! Because we all wanted the same thing in the end.

I don't get why you would! But I guess it's safe to do so online!

I get that there are a section of fans that act like spoilt kids but you seem to have used the term 'mob' aimed at everyone who was unhappy, which was a lot!

No, I'm talking about a certain section of fans. 

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

I'm pretty sure I've read posts from you laying into Allardyce for the football we've played. 

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Quinn out!

I cant believe he is still allowed on this forum with that tone towards fellow fans. I bet he guzzles gravy too and decorates his Christmas tree in red... unbelievable! :)

Good shout. I'm a snarky ass and you'd be better off without me! 😆 

Remember I'm from the backwards side of the Atlantic, so I don't get that reference!

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm pretty sure I've read posts from you laying into Allardyce for the football we've played. 

Oh, Allardyce needed to go. I just think there is a group of people who wanted as many heads to roll as possible, regardless of their capabilities in their role and their contributions or lack thereof to this past season. I think this same group will start bitching about not signing enough players this window and then go ballistic at our first run of bad form. 

3 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Good shout. I'm a snarky ass and you'd be better off without me! 😆 

Remember I'm from the backwards side of the Atlantic, so I don't get that reference!

Oh, Allardyce needed to go. I just think there is a group of people who wanted as many heads to roll as possible, regardless of their capabilities in their role and their contributions or lack thereof to this past season. I think this same group will start bitching about not signing enough players this window and then go ballistic at our first run of bad form. 

But why wouldn't you want heads to roll for cocking things up as badly as they've been cocked up this past 12 months? Nil satis nisi optimum and all that. 

9 minutes ago, nogs said:

But why wouldn't you want heads to roll for cocking things up as badly as they've been cocked up this past 12 months? Nil satis nisi optimum and all that. 

One disappointing season doesn't mean you need to completely clean house - not in American sports like football, hockey, baseball - also in the business world...

We gave Martinez a third season after his second season was worse than this one (11th place, 47 points).

15 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

One disappointing season doesn't mean you need to completely clean house - not in American sports like football, hockey, baseball - also in the business world...

We gave Martinez a third season after his second season was worse than this one (11th place, 47 points).

True, but he also didn't have the transfer outlay that Koeman/Walsh received from Moshiri (also not here during the Martinez reign). I'm sure he would have gotten the sack if things would've have gone as poorly for him that season as it has this season.

As soon as Moshiri came in Martinez was out.

2 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

True, but he also didn't have the transfer outlay that Koeman/Walsh received from Moshiri (also not here during the Martinez reign). I'm sure he would have gotten the sack if things would've have gone as poorly for him that season as it has this season.

As soon as Moshiri came in Martinez was out.

Because Relegation Roberto's third season matched his second - 47 points, 11th place. 

1 minute ago, Quinn31 said:

Because Relegation Roberto's third season matched his second - 47 points, 11th place. 

Yes... true, and that was the right choice, but that is also not really my point.

My point is that the circumstances for Roberto getting a third season after a below-par second season are different than the ones this season, so the same expectation can't really be held in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. We spent a shitload of cash on players who haven't performed and played the most mind-numbing football I've ever seen Everton play. We also employed the most arrogant of managers.

We were very lucky to get eighth.

10 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Yes... true, and that was the right choice, but that is also not really my point.

My point is that the circumstances for Roberto getting a third season after a below-par second season are different than the ones this season, so the same expectation can't really be held in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. We spent a shitload of cash on players who haven't performed and played the most mind-numbing football I've ever seen Everton play. We also employed the most arrogant of managers.

We were very lucky to get eighth.

The impression I had under Martinez was that we were unlucky not to get a lot more points (ie stupid mistakes / late goals) whereas I often wonder how on earth we won any points this season!

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ai, I thought you would be but it didn't come across that way. Hence I asked to find out.

Sometimes a house needs new furniture, a new paint job, plumbing work done, etc.

There's a certain segment of fans that want to demolish the house every time it has a leaky faucet - social media just amplifies angry voices. Not too indifferent from Trump, Brexit (No offense to the Leave voters here)