IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Room on the OS has closed down again.....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/16/blueroom-closure?

I had a look on there before I found this great place, it did seem to be full of abuse to be honest. Had another couple of looks since and they were even abusing Hitzelsperger, which is pretty pathetic to a former player and seemingly very nice bloke.

Edit - apologies if anyone here was a member, I'm sure it was a minority that were abusive

Edited by Ant1979

Edit - apologies if anyone here was a member, I'm sure it was a minority that were abusive

We had a few join here when it closed down before (for pretty much the same reasons) and pretty soon got rid of the abusive ones while picking up a few strong ones (eg Matt).

I really don't see how it's so difficult to moderate a forum.....EFC actually interviewed people in person for the relaunch I understand and still picked a couple of numpties and half a dozen more who never went on there. Truly was an embarrassment on an otherwise top class (imo) official site.....maybe we'll get a few new faces on :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, what is going on!? Alan Myers is taking a break from 'communicating' (social media) because of these bellends.

What's been said? I heard they're critical of EitC but was there something specific?

One of the things I'm massively proud of, about our club is our community programs. They're fantastic. Absolutely brilliant.

Some people are never happy. It's fucking rosey at Goodison these days. Leave the hardworking people alone, you weapons.

I just can't for the life of me understand why any one would complain about us running these initiatives to grab young fans when it's the youngsters we need to attract to keep our fan base up.

Personally, I think the club are doing a great job with all these pre-game and half-time things. And it's not all just about grabbing the kids to Everton, they get older fans to pay money as well. So while we don't have a stadium with lavish corporate facilities etc we need these things to bring the money in. I did think a couple of the Spanish themed things we did when Roberto first arrived were a bit gimmicky and tacky but I didn't see it as anything to complain about because it showed that the people at the club who run the off field PR stuff were getting their act together by taking advantage of something that we could attract fans with, and get attention brought our way.

I hope they keep going with all these things, and I hope Myers isn't put off Twitter etc for long, because we're going in the right direction.

Edited by Romey 1878