IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

• 3 weeks later...

I just think it's a bit soon. He's achieved nothing so far.

Exactly. We could finish mid table this season the bottom half next. It' all smacks of counting your chickens before they've hatched.

It reminds me of something the nazi party would do to a building in the middle of Berlin.

I hate it.

Exactly. We could finish mid table this season the bottom half next. It' all smacks of counting your chickens before they've hatched.

We could, but the club are confident we won't, hence the mural. It reflects what is probably our most marketable asset at the moment and the sole reason we can attract players like Lukaku while holding on to our talented squad. We could end up mid-table, but it would be a mistake not to capitalize on the momentum Bobby has generated since his arrival based on Moyes-esque fears and doubts. I, for one, welcome our new classy, Spanish overlord.

We could, but the club are confident we won't, hence the mural. It reflects what is probably our most marketable asset at the moment and the sole reason we can attract players like Lukaku while holding on to our talented squad. We could end up mid-table, but it would be a mistake not to capitalize on the momentum Bobby has generated since his arrival based on Moyes-esque fears and doubts. I, for one, welcome our new classy, Spanish overlord.

My verdict is still out on Martinez. Great first season but with mostly Moyes team. I'm not entirely convinced by him yet. I'm not unconvinced either but to big him up like he's some demi god after one season is tacky and smacks of desperation in my eyes. I'm sure others will have different opinions and that's fine but stunts like this usually have a habit of biting you on the arse. I can smell the Liverpudlians laughing at us over this for years to come.

My verdict is still out on Martinez. Great first season but with mostly Moyes team. I'm not entirely convinced by him yet. I'm not unconvinced either but to big him up like he's some demi god after one season is tacky and smacks of desperation in my eyes. I'm sure others will have different opinions and that's fine but stunts like this usually have a habit of biting you on the arse. I can smell the Liverpudlians laughing at us over this for years to come.

Who cares if they do? They've provided me with a relentless stream of laughter over the last 8 years that doesn't show signs of stopping. Besides, we're not the only Mersey team who might be looking at a disappointing season.

Who cares if they do? They've provided me with a relentless stream of laughter over the last 8 years that doesn't show signs of stopping. Besides, we're not the only Mersey team who might be looking at a disappointing season.

I don't care when they laugh at us on the whole but (and this is just my opinion mind) that portrait is probably the most horrendous thing I've ever seen it makes me cringe and it gives them the green light to scream small club small mentality. To have a portrait of a manager who has been here 12 months and guided us to 5th place in the league lit up ITS FUCKING LIT UP AT NIGHT!! On the side of the stadium absolutely horrifies me. It's crass and gives out all the wrong signals in my opinion.

It's a shame because the club do things like this usually right. The timeline round Goodison is proper it's a brilliant idea as are the murals etc but this is just unbelievably bad.

Have I mentioned I don't like it yet ?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/10/luis-suarez-is-seemingly-still-a-liverpool-player-after-former-strikers-image-spotted-at-anfield-4827476/

The Shite aren't really in a position to laugh when they still have this image of Louis

I can see why people don't want the Roberto mural but I don't think you could say it was a small club mentality. United did it with Moyes last season and I wouldn't say they were small time

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/10/luis-suarez-is-seemingly-still-a-liverpool-player-after-former-strikers-image-spotted-at-anfield-4827476/

The Shite aren't really in a position to laugh when they still have this image of Louis

I can see why people don't want the Roberto mural but I don't think you could say it was a small club mentality. United did it with Moyes last season and I wouldn't say they were small time

Dunc, it's the most horrendous gimmick the club has ever done. I'm going to walk to the night matches backwards so I don't have to look at it.

Just had someone from Everton on the phone trying to sell me "1878 lottery tickets" :huh:. She was very pleasant and chatty, much better than the normal cold callers (yes TalkTalk I'm talking about you :shaking fist:), told me she hoped I'd get up for a few games this season. Anyone else had this?

Just had someone from Everton on the phone trying to sell me "1878 lottery tickets" :huh:. She was very pleasant and chatty, much better than the normal cold callers (yes TalkTalk I'm talking about you :shaking fist:), told me she hoped I'd get up for a few games this season. Anyone else had this?

Yeah, I signed up for it coz money raised goes to EITC.

I just saw the draw for the second round of the League Cup and was surprised to see that Everton are not mentioned. Looking into it, it seems that teams that play in Europe receive two automatic byes and first play in the third round. It's especially gratifying to see United playing in the second round. :)

Ha! That's great. Both the bye news and the MU news. Time to get some new silverware.

I just saw the draw for the second round of the League Cup and was surprised to see that Everton are not mentioned. Looking into it, it seems that teams that play in Europe receive two automatic byes and first play in the third round. It's especially gratifying to see United playing in the second round. :)

It's been like that for years??