Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

On 09/06/2020 at 01:18, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Totally understand that perspective but what is the solution? Why would a huge international brand want to spend 10m a year on Everton kit? They could headline a pro golf tournament or F1 race for that kind of money and get 10x the return on their investment they would from us. Our place in the table is in direct correlation to the brands we are able to attract. 

Also I wouldn't say the top 6 have these super attractive names on their shirts: Utd/City/Arsenal are huge brands sure, Spurs/Liverpool are financial services (had to google as the states are totally unfamiliar with AIA and StandardChartered), Chelsea is yokohama tyres. 

I'm not being a wise guy, can you name a few companies/brands you would like to see?

Long delay!

What about Salesforce, JD.com, LG... All hypothetical I know but aspirations about global exposure are gaining momentum. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking love being an Evertonian you know.   I know there's a lot I moan about but I wouldn't swap being a blue for anything. I genuinely believe we have an amazing a special set of fans for the

Just had this email promising refunds if season gets called off or has to be played behind closed doors Dear Ste, I wanted to get in touch with you again as we prepare for a very different Easte

For me this season has delivered exactly what it promised.  A season of transition whereby we’d have a rough patch or two and also get some brilliant results. Our football would improve but there

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bit of a patronising article imo. I really hope we beat Liverpool, I don't care how, just beat them. Then the patronising will be a little less. 

I want to keep our progress under the radar, let the "Big Six" keep making the headlines, we can just keep improving and winning. 

From what I saw in the derby and read about yesterday, it seems our Achilles heel has been exposed; if we’re pressed we can’t play. Which is annoying because for all the games before the derby, that was our tactic; press high up. Don’t know what changed during the international break, but we seem to be sitting back a lot more. 

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

From what I saw in the derby and read about yesterday, it seems our Achilles heel has been exposed; if we’re pressed we can’t play. Which is annoying because for all the games before the derby, that was our tactic; press high up. Don’t know what changed during the international break, but we seem to be sitting back a lot more. 

Put it simply we were out ran and our midfield had no cohesion. 1 would press and 2 would sit. Godfrey was exposed all game with no help form James. The whole point of 4-3-3 is to win the middle of the park. Gylfi was a passenger, Allan had his worst game and Doucoure I felt, shouldn’t have been subbed.

We also lacked any form of leadership. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

it was a one off game, luck went their way and they magically played great, we became human and had a bad match.  even the best sides have bad matches, it's ok.  we were also missing players and their replacements didn't step up.  on to the next, we will be fine.

27 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it was a one off game, luck went their way and they magically played great, we became human and had a bad match.  even the best sides have bad matches, it's ok.  we were also missing players and their replacements didn't step up.  on to the next, we will be fine.

I hope so, we need to find that energy we had in the first 7 games again though. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I wouldn't say anything new has been exposed. We have shipped goals all season. We have given teams chances but the important thing is that we have been able to create chances. On another day Brighton, Palace and Liverpool could have all beaten us but we took our chances and they didn't take theirs. That was always going to change at some point. The difference yesterday was that Southampton shut down our attack. No Richarlison meant they could pay more attention to James and with no Coleman or Kenny they didn't have tow worry about the overlap. DCL is the same player he has been in that he isn't going to do something out of nothing and therefore if the balls aren't getting in the box then he isn't really a threat.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Put it simply we were out ran and our midfield had no cohesion. 1 would press and 2 would sit. Godfrey was exposed all game with no help form James. The whole point of 4-3-3 is to win the middle of the park. Gylfi was a passenger, Allan had his worst game and Doucoure I felt, shouldn’t have been subbed.

We also lacked any form of leadership. 

I think it was more the combination of their system v ours. It gives their wide men the space either side of Allan. Allan was scurrying everywhere to try and plug gaps but there was too many. He was hung out to dry in my opinion and I still don't understand why it took 50-60 minutes for a change in shape to give him more help. Doucoure was again trying to do what he could but was also just caught out by the transition of Southampton. Siggy had the same problem, however most of the time he wasn't trying.

The leadership needed to come from the touchline. The players aren't going to change the shape of the team themselves. It's a bit odd because if you were playing 11-a-side on a Sunday the defensive midfielder would have got one of the other midfielders just to sit in and help deal with that threat.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don't think Southampton were lucky. They fully deserved their win and beat us in every position on the park.

No luck from Southampton. Aren’t they undefeated in their last four games now?

We missed Coleman a lot on the right, he might be past his best but he’s still very influential, and Richarlison on the left. 

I hope to see Gomes back in for Gylfi next week. He’s had his game out for being not at the top of his game, and his replacement was worse. Needs to come back in. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wouldn’t read into this much mate. I’m from brisbane and this is just mental. Ipswich is a shocking area. I’d maybe see an appeal if we had an arrangement with Brisbane road but this really doesn’t say a lot.

11 hours ago, StevO said:

I was five days old. How old were you at the time Mike?

Sorry mate 😂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I was getting paid £30.00 a game for Clanfield in the Hellenic League, under the guise of expenses as a 24 year old DCL😉

24 also, what a day.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Only babies, 😀  I was at the 66  3-2 final.  I think the photo has already been on here a long time ago but I'll try and dig the ticket out again.

I was 6 and that was the game that set me on the way to becoming a blue, best decision I ever made. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just had an email with an update on membership packs and a tracking number.

Put my customer number in and it says in production. So hopefully they are on the move soon 🙂

👍nice one Shukester, can you remember what they have in them this year, Wiggy said he only got a discount card, I could have sworn there was supposed to be some small goodies but seems not 😢

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Fulham, leeds and Burnley next. Richarlison back. Need to get this sorted out and start winning again. 

International break has come at the perfect time (it is next week isn't it?). Three winnable games but ones that we need to be absolutely up for, unimaginable if we lose to the likes of Fulham and end up making this run go on. 

I'm more angry about today's result than I have been for a while, do the basics and we quite literally win that, two goals that you'd hate to concede at Sunday League level - the third scored as everyone was up the pitch which I can forgive. Just really, really, really pissed off at what could have been. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

International break has come at the perfect time (it is next week isn't it?). Three winnable games but ones that we need to be absolutely up for, unimaginable if we lose to the likes of Fulham and end up making this run go on. 

I'm more angry about today's result than I have been for a while, do the basics and we quite literally win that, two goals that you'd hate to concede at Sunday League level - the third scored as everyone was up the pitch which I can forgive. Just really, really, really pissed off at what could have been. 

And the January transfer window can't come round soon enough, we need a better depth to the team when there are injuries and suspensions..

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And the January transfer window can't come round soon enough, we need a better depth to the team when there are injuries and suspensions..

Agree with you 110%, these games have hit home to how wafer thin we are outside 5 or 6 quality players, to be so night and day between poor and great is astounding and surely something that has rang alarm bells at board level. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Sounds simple enough 🤣

i was poking fun at the phrase.  remember ryan gauld the scottish messi?  here is a nice list of other messi's.  i don't see an english one, we still have time @Zoo 2.0 :)

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/where-are-they-now-a-new-lionel-messi-for-every-year-since-2006/

On 06/11/2020 at 18:14, Shukes said:

Has anyone received the membership packs yet? Heard they were being sent out October, but haven’t got mine yet.

Forgot to mention Shukes I received mine last week, got a Toiletries bag, 4 Coasters, a pair of Socks and a Fridge magnet, all donated to my eldest Granddaughter who unfortunately as to live as the only Evertonian in a house full of Kopite’s, and I couldn’t be more proud of her she gives them some awful shite when they start to get to big for their boots.