IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't see this posted anywhere (or i'm having a trip) but, this could impact us quite heavily.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/06/23/sport-pesa-to-pull-sponsorship-for-sports-clubs-unions-over-higher-tax_c1585201

i.e. they could pull out of sponsoring us.

They would be in breach of contract and would have to pay regardless so its very unlikely.

Couldn't see this posted anywhere (or i'm having a trip) but, this could impact us quite heavily.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/06/23/sport-pesa-to-pull-sponsorship-for-sports-clubs-unions-over-higher-tax_c1585201

i.e. they could pull out of sponsoring us.

My reading of it is that it's just an internal Kenyan issue; won't affect our deal at all.

"Betting firm Sport Pesa is expected to withdraw sponsorship for local sports clubs and unions beginning January due to the 35 per cent tax on revenue."

My reading of it is that it's just an internal Kenyan issue; won't affect our deal at all.

"Betting firm Sport Pesa is expected to withdraw sponsorship for local sports clubs and unions beginning January due to the 35 per cent tax on revenue."

Exactly.

It's an indirect threat to the Kenyan government really.

• 2 weeks later...

Right so training for pre season has started today, some players are still on holiday (including Rom) as they played international games, however Lookman has rocked up at training so I'm slightly confused, playing 2 end of season international games warrants extra time off but playing a international tournament, winning said tournament therefore playing longer, doesn't warrant extra time off?

Right so training for pre season has started today, some players are still on holiday (including Rom) as they played international games, however Lookman has rocked up at training so I'm slightly confused, playing 2 end of season international games warrants extra time off but playing a international tournament, winning said tournament therefore playing longer, doesn't warrant extra time off?

Maybe he's chosen to come back now.

Probably decided himself that 3 weeks off is enough for him. Young and eager...quick to recover and all that.

Genuinely excited about what we could accomplish this season. I just hope that with a tough run of fixtures at the start that we can pick up a few results so as not to dent the confidence and excitement the players will surely be feeling too.

I must admit I'm keeping my feet on the ground. I am excited yes, but I'm keeping my expectations down to a big push on those above us. A real big push.

I don't see why we can't finish in the top 5 or 6. The shite and Arsenal are the ones to catch.

i agree, arsenal still no reinforcements (they'll make one big signing and hope that fixes all their issues, it wont) and the shite got Salah. RS are one injury (mane, llallana, coutinho) away from a mid table finish. they have no depth.

Edited by markjazzbassist

It's naive to think Iverpool and Arsenal wont strengthen more Mark, they will. I agree they are the ones we should be looking at catchingg but they will buy more players. We've finally done the right thing by getting them in early so we can hopefully hit the ground running. That's where we can (fingers crossed) steal a march on them.

It's naive to think Iverpool and Arsenal wont strengthen more Mark, they will. I agree they are the ones we should be looking at catchingg but they will buy more players. We've finally done the right thing by getting them in early so we can hopefully hit the ground running. That's where we can (fingers crossed) steal a march on them.

Not naive, Arsene is cheap and going downhill and got a contract extension, like I said lacazette will come and supposedly solve all their issues while Sanchez leaves. They'll sign a couple young French or Spanish (yaya sanogo anyone?) who won't make a dent.

Fenways sports group is cheap too. They'll sell coutinho for the 90m to PSG and reinvest 2/3 of it on German players klopp likes (but aren't good in the prem). Bar lallana coutinho mane I'm not impressed by anyone they have. Plus they have champions league now which klopp will want to put full resources to keep his job.

City Chelsea spurs the ones I think will be way out front. United is catchable as well, mou always self destructs after a big trophy win and this year could be the beginning of that.

Since we play the bigs early, catch them early since we signed our players before they bring in theirs and then keep going.

Not naive, Arsene is cheap and going downhill and got a contract extension, like I said lacazette will come and supposedly solve all their issues while Sanchez leaves. They'll sign a couple young French or Spanish (yaya sanogo anyone?) who won't make a dent.

Fenways sports group is cheap too. They'll sell coutinho for the 90m to PSG and reinvest 2/3 of it on German players klopp likes (but aren't good in the prem). Bar lallana coutinho mane I'm not impressed by anyone they have. Plus they have champions league now which klopp will want to put full resources to keep his job.

City Chelsea spurs the ones I think will be way out front. United is catchable as well, mou always self destructs after a big trophy win and this year could be the beginning of that.

Since we play the bigs early, catch them early since we signed our players before they bring in theirs and then keep going.

I have to disagree with a lot of this Mark, I think with Lacazette Arsenal finally have the 20+ goal scorer they have needed for years. They have signed a decetn CB on a free also.

FSG are cheap but they aren't stupid, Coutinho wont go, at least not yet. Kieta will be a class player in this league, that's who Klopp wants.

Jose always has his best season in the second season at a club. Chelsea (twice) Inter, Real and Porto. If they get their transfer targets in then they will be very hard to rule out.