IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I don't think Kieta will be worth anywhere near the money being touted for him

He's had one decent year in a team that nigh on did a Leicester and people think he's a world beater, he'll do a Sissoko

Agreed and he's 70m. They'll have to sel coutinho to afford him. fSg doesn't really splash the cash.

Fair enough Aaron, but I see a weak and aging centre back pairing for arsenal, a goalie who is old and started to slip and a midfield that no longer scares me (ox, wilshere, Walcott, xhaka, elneny, etc). Sanchez giroud lacazette sure, but giroud is on the bench primarily and Sanchez could leave.

I think spurs will run the table this year, Kane probably bag 30 odd

Edited by markjazzbassist

Arsenal could win the league with Ozil, Sanchez and Giroud if they sorted out 5 or 6 of the other 8 behind them. Problem for them is that they won't and never do.

Liverpool will always be a threat as they work so well collectively but they ran out of steam last year and with more games you would expect that to be magnified this coming season.

United are probably only a couple of players away, but Spurs and Chelsea are head shoulders above in their first 11.

Not sure what to make of City yet. I expect them to improve but they still look soft like Arsenal.

exciting times. Seems Moshiri has had a read of the financial guidelines and has found all the loopholes needed to be successful (TBF he's an accountant, i'd expect that the finances be solid) and potentially get around FFP. Just another sign we are on the up and up.

Edited by markjazzbassist

It's all a weird feeling, isn't it?!

You get excited but also a bit cautious, like....please don't fuck the club over for the sake of trying to get short term success. Too many clubs have fallen this way...most notably Leeds United.

But...we have to trust these guys more than we've trusted anyone before.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-60m-transfer-fund-boost-13288596

Another financial deal. This time with the world's largest bank ICBC (China).

It's worth £60m (!) To us and opens up massive commercial opportunities in an ever growing Chinese market.

This new Everton is unrecognisable. But brilliant.

Just a few hours late, J :lol:.

Roll with it, you fart :P.

Jesus, and they call me the doom monger

I'm sure Blackburn, Leeds, Portsmouth, et al were all dead excited when they got their influx of cash, only for it to be pulled from under them shortly after and force them have a fire sale.

Not implying Morishi will do the same, but it is all a bit too good to be true in my opinion, and looking at past examples, it's just hard to not be a tad wary.