IGNORED

Telemarketers...

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

The last thing i want when i am relaxing enjoying either a beer or having dinner or lunch is telemarketers calling me unexpected trying to sell me stuff...

what is it with these fools? cant they get a real job rather than annoy people with out their consent?

The worst in my opinion is the dialler system. It basically calls random numbers until somebody answers. It then immediately hangs up and lists the telephone number for a recall from a telemarketer.

I had three in a week several months ago, and was plagued with telemarketers for weeks afterwards.

My philosophy is to never buy anything from a cold caller.

:)

They get half way through the scripted greeting before i tell them i'm not interested and put the phone down.

The worst are the gas and electricity people who knock on the door, here's a bit of usefull information for you all. They work to guidelines and a script and somewhere in the guidelines it says they have to leave you alone if you say no x amount of times.

So now when they knock at my door the first thing i say is "how many times do i have to say no before you walk away?" they usually say three which is followed my me saying "no, no, no goodbye" and closing the door. It takes them a few minutes to adjust to the fact that you just had them off using their own rules then they walk away :lol:

I agree the companies who do it are right arse holes but you cant really blame the actual people who do it I work in a call centre over summer not actually calling but doing admin stuff and call centre work is some of the only averagely paid work you can get as a student over summer. It's not a choice to do it but when the other options are work in McDonalds or something you can see why people do it.

OK I'll do it this way. Upset this bloke so he left the following on my answerphone...made me laugh :lol: ! (it's a very tiny file)

>>>Voicemail Message<<<

37772[/snapback]

What a shocker, i just usually look and if i dont recognise the number i answer it but then just either hang up or wait for them to talk and then hang up, they waist my time ill waist abit of theirs! I dont think ive sent one over the edge like that though lol!

I am very blunt " Not interested" and close the door and get on with my life, my missus hates it, but she always calls me to the door when she answers it though

Try it, it works

Same goes for timeshare type people when im on me hols, although I just "No Ta" and keep on walking. They get pissed off when they try and walk with you and you just ignore them as if their not there

Im like you Zed, sorry, ya wasting both our times kinda thing.

Must admit over here the phone thing has gone mad...Im getting hawker/sales calls at like 8pm on a sunday evening now etc....Thats just not on.

needs regulating.

Guest Reg Reagan
Im like you Zed, sorry, ya wasting both our times kinda thing.

Must admit over here the phone thing has gone mad...Im getting hawker/sales calls at like 8pm on a sunday evening now etc....Thats just not on.

needs regulating.

37950[/snapback]

is there something called a do not contact listy wherever your from?so the telemarkters dont have to annoy the shits out of you

L_Blue... i dont mind ppl in the call centre... they are at least the best ppl to talk to regarding problems with your products...

If you want to stop any unwanted calls register with the Telephone Preferance Service (TPS). Its free.

Go here TPS Home Page

Just click register on the left it only takes 30 seconds

I used to be in telephone sales and it was the worst job I've ever had but it was the only thing going at the time and I needed the money. Sh1t pay, sh1t hours and being told to f*ck off 5 times a day, lovely. But if you are on the TPS marketing companies are not allowed to ring you.

Edited by Bluetrip

i love leading them on for a big fall :) i pretend im intrested start askin questions about what they are tryin to sell like "oh thats sounds alright, plz tell me how many you sold?" i ask questions like that untill the big ending.. "and how much is this?" .... "YOU MUST BE F*UCKIN JOKEIN IM NOT PAYIN THAT FOR THAT PIECE OF SH*T GO AND F*CK YASELF YA ROBBIN BAST*RDS" :P;)

i love leading them on for a big fall  :)   i pretend im intrested start askin questions about what they are tryin to sell like "oh thats sounds alright, plz tell me how many you sold?" i ask questions like that untill the big ending.. "and how much is this?" .... "YOU MUST BE F*UCKIN JOKEIN IM NOT PAYIN THAT FOR THAT PIECE OF SH*T GO AND F*CK YASELF YA ROBBIN BAST*RDS"  :P   ;)

38166[/snapback]

Haha you evil fucker. I had one where a bloke said

"yea I'll change my phone contract but its a company and theres 13 phones."

So I take down all 13 numbers checking them into the system and finally 15 minutes later I take his postal address details for the new phones to be sent to...

"postcode?" he says

"U...C...U...N..T"

and starts laughing down the phone, I had to as well. I resigned about 2 weeks later.