IGNORED

Signed Football circa 1986

nigelhunt78

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to find some helpful friendly guys. I have to come clean immediately... I'm not an Everton fan! I was once, but now don't really watch alot of football at all. (I hope you won't hold this against me wink.png).

When I was a young boy (I think about 7-9 (1985-1987) my dad took me to Everton's training facility as he had a friend there through work. We watched the training session and then whilst the team were changing, they signed a souvenir ball for me. I met some of the guys and shook some hands. It was a pretty cool experience and this ball was a prized possession for many years. It's been sat in the loft for a long time now, and I feel it's one of those things that might bring someone else more pleasure than me.

I've tried to attach some photos, but not sure if this has worked. Send me an email if you'd like me to send some pics (debbieandnigel@hotmail.co.uk). I've never known exactly who signed the ball, first things first if anyone can recognise any of the signatures that would be a great help. (I'd love to be able to work out exactly what year it was!) Secondly, if anyone has any idea of the value of something like this, that would be really helpful too. Thirdly, if anyone is interested in buying it, then I would consider sensible offers.

Thanks for reading

Nigel.

I remember that many years ago when I was about 15 (1962ish) my father won a signed ball in a raffle in Moreton. Thrre balls were on offer...an Everton ball, a Liverpool ball and a Tranmere ball, all signed by the current teams at the time. Guess which my father won? Think Div 4 and Prenton Park.

Bugger! dry.png