IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Requests

Zoo

I'm pissing around on a Liverpool forum at the moment which uses the same software as ours. If you want to edit a post on there there is an option to turn of the 'Edited by' line under your new post. I like that feature - can we have it?

Edited by Zoo

I'm pissing around on a Liverpool forum at the moment which uses the same software as ours. If you want to edit a post on there there is an option to turn of the 'Edited by' line under your new post. I like that feature - can we have it?

What has an edited signature got to do with Bill's uploads thread from 2011 ffs? dont%20know.gif

If Louis wants to remove the edited by sig, he can find a similar code to this and remove it.

On my own site, it would be Structure > Layout Templates > Thread > Post List.

{if $[post.edited]}
<div class="edited_by"><span class="italic">Last Edit:</span> $[post.edited.date] by $[post.edited.by_user]{if $[post.edited.reason]}: $[post.edited.reason]{/if}</div>
{/if}

If people reply to a post or posts that has been removed or invisibly edited it can turn the thread into nonsense.

Also if two people fall out, if one of them goes back and changes/deletes what they said the whole thing can be manipulated.

If someone makes a mistake/double post or whatever all they have to do is put a note on it asking for it to be deleted and it will besmile.png.

For me, the best option is to have a longer period in which to edit or rectify posts before the sig kicks in. Auto signatures look untidy. I often notice a spelling mistake but then have to put up with an edited signature, which to me, makes it look like I wrote something then changed my mind. I turned them off on my own forum, as can't stand them.

I'm in favour of a timer to be honest, I think you should be given 30 seconds or so to edit your post so that you can correct any spelling mistakes that you may have made.

'Editing' to me shows a change of heart, or adding something that you had forgotten about.

I'm in favour of a timer to be honest, I think you should be given 30 seconds or so to edit your post so that you can correct any spelling mistakes that you may have made.

Wouldn't be against that at all....it's in use on the forum I use second most often after this; but that uses different software and as far as I can see the facility isn't available here.