IGNORED

Zoo's Question of the Day - Version 2.0

Zoo

Someone will invariably give up and sneak a look at his wiki page or something to glean an answer, but won't be participating in that.

If Not CAFC then fuck knows what this can be. Is it an Irish club going back far enough ? I know he played in Europe for a time, in Italy, but did he also play in Turkey for a spell with Galatasary or Fenerbache or something. Just rings a bell that's all

If Not CAFC then fuck knows what this can be. Is it an Irish club going back far enough ? I know he played in Europe for a time, in Italy, but did he also play in Turkey for a spell with Galatasary or Fenerbache or something. Just rings a bell that's all

He had spells in Italy but never went to Turkey - the last answer is West Ham United.

I'd ask a soccer question but it seems for the author only who can pose trivia. Seeking permission maybe.

I try and post a question every day but I've been a bit busy recently (hence the reason for the thread going a bit stale). You're more than welcome to post a question if you wish.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 104:

Name the 9 Manchester United players who won their first Premier League winners medal this year;

1 - Robin van Persie; (correctly answered by Geth).

2 - Phil Jones; (correctly answered by Geth).

3 - Danny Welbeck; (correctly answered by Geth).

4 - Alexander Buttner; (correctly answered by Geth).

5 - Anders Lindergaard; (correctly answered by Geth).

6 - Tom Cleverly; (correctly answered by Geth).

7 - Ashley Young; (correctly answered by Geth).

8 - Shinji Kagawa; (correctly answered by Geth).

9 - David De Gea; (correctly answered by pete0).

Edited by Zoo

Didn't Van Persie win a league championship medal with Arsenal ? must have joined up just after the last success.

I don't know who the other player can be.

Bonus question for today if allowed. Take it or leave it.

'What was strange or unusual about France's win at the 1984 European Championships'

Didn't Van Persie win a league championship medal with Arsenal ? must have joined up just after the last success.

Nope, he only won the title after joining United.

I'll have a think about your question too DK (no problems with you using my thread).

I don't know who the other player can be.

Bonus question for today if allowed. Take it or leave it.

'What was strange or unusual about France's win at the 1984 European Championships'

It was the first time they won a major trophy?

That may be true but still an incorrect response.

It was -

France scored fourteen goals on route to winning the 1984 European Championships but only one goal was scored by a center forward or striker player, all the rest were Midfield players and other field units. (Michel Platini scored nine that year)

1984 was one of my favorite years. France were deserved winners and great semi-final with Portugal some may remember. That national side was far better than what won the 1998 World Cup and 2000 European Championships.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 105:

Who was the first German player to win a European Cup / UEFA Champions League medal?

1 - Karl-Heinz Schnellinger; won the 1969 cup with AC Milan (correctly answered by Dalziel Kane).

Edited by Zoo

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I'll be starting the quiz regularly anytime soon but here's a quick question for today while I'm in the mood.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 106:

Which non-UK born player has the most PL appearances for Liverpool FC;

1 - Sami Hyypia; 464 appearances (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

Edited by Zoo