IGNORED

Hi

Londoner

Hello

Thought I would sign up to these forums, I am a Crystal Palace supporter and I am looking forward to the new season :D

I will be picking your brains about where to drink in & around your ground next season in the coming weeks, and fire away if you have questions about coming to Selhurst Park, last time I was at your ground was about 20 yrs ago.

Enjoy your season (except against us of course:))

My favorite London club is Millwall. Registered member of HoF (House of Fun). Word has it (actually it's set in stone) that Crystal Palace and Millwall don't get on together, but as not even a native of South London I can look the other way on this one.

Sincerely, wish you well in your EPL endeavors next season, will always be grateful you beat West Ham United in the 2004 Championship Play Off Final and you did well to beat Watford in this years final event. Crystal Palace always win play off finals by one goal to nil and this season was no different. I hope you can survive and establish yourselves as an EPL team next season.

The official Crystal Palace site is The Holmesdale End if anyone wants to take a look at recent events.

My favorite London club is Millwall. Registered member of HoF (House of Fun). Word has it (actually it's set in stone) that Crystal Palace and Millwall don't get on together, but as not even a native of South London I can look the other way on this one.

Sincerely, wish you well in your EPL endeavors next season, will always be grateful you beat West Ham United in the 2004 Championship Play Off Final and you did well to beat Watford in this years final event. Crystal Palace always win play off finals by one goal to nil and this season was no different. I hope you can survive and establish yourselves as an EPL team next season.

The official Crystal Palace site is The Holmesdale End if anyone wants to take a look at recent events.

I use the BBS www.cpfc.org

Millwall are our local rivals but our real rivaliry is with Brighton

Thanks for the good wishes

Millwall don't seem to get on with anyone. Even among themselves it would seem!

Welcome to the board, mate!

Millwall don't seem to get on with anyone. Even among themselves it would seem!

Welcome to the board, mate!

It's a perfect fit for me though isn't it

And anyone who finds profanities go beyond the pale on this forum had better steer clear of what they have to offer regular enough. But then again, they are no longer allowing new participation.

With regards to the author of this, why the issues with Brighton and Hove Albion. Bit of a distance between them and all, or any, animosity seems to have started during the play off games this season. Didn't notice any troubles between sets of supporters before that. I think Crystal Palace once ground shared at their stadium, so it may have something to do with that, but don't have a definitive answer.

It's a perfect fit for me though isn't it

And anyone who finds profanities go beyond the pale on this forum had better steer clear of what they have to offer regular enough. But then again, they are no longer allowing new participation.

With regards to the author of this, why the issues with Brighton and Hove Albion. Bit of a distance between them and all, or any, animosity seems to have started during the play off games this season. Didn't notice any troubles between sets of supporters before that. I think Crystal Palace once ground shared at their stadium, so it may have something to do with that, but don't have a definitive answer.

We have had 2 tennants at Selhurst Park, Charlton & Wimbledon, the Brighton rivalry goes back to the 1970's and is still as strong as ever, there is only 45 miles between Croydon & Brighton (a quick 45 min drive down the A/M23) Millwall fans song & motto, "No one likes us, we dont care" Charlton seem to think they are Millwalls rivals, but Millwalls rivals are West Ham (across the river) nobody really cares about Charlton they have been trying to be our rivals for years, it pains them that we ignore them :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2320770/How-Crystal-Palace-v-Brighton-The-Game--Neil-Ashton.html

written by a Palace fan :) (Neil Ashton)

http://beerfootyandbirds.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/fierce-football-rivalry-crystal-palace.html

a great video from a Palace fan on this link

I wasn't aware the rivalry went back so far, thought it was only a recent dispute.

I read HoF often enough and you (CPFC) every now and again, get mentioned, but they seem to see you as an embarrassing irrelevance (as with Charlton Athletic) but that's their opinion. Harmless neighbors, more amusing than anything threatening, and the true rivalry is with West Ham as you say, just across the river. There's palpable animosity there, but (the site as a whole, is) usually an 'interesting' read.

Incidentally, some will remember when Palace had a promotion to the first division in 1979, they were labeled as "The team of the 1980s". Whatever happened to that, did nothing whatsoever that decade worthy of mention, although by the advent of the 1990s, had assembled a very good side with names such as Bright, Wright, Martyn, Salako and McGoldrick that achieved third place in the old first division and Coppell was a very good manager. Should (or could) of taken over from Robson as national manager in 1990 but Taylor got the job.

I wasn't aware the rivalry went back so far, thought it was only a recent dispute.

I read HoF often enough and you (CPFC) every now and again, get mentioned, but they seem to see you as an embarrassing irrelevance (as with Charlton Athletic) but that's their opinion. Harmless neighbors, more amusing than anything threatening, and the true rivalry is with West Ham as you say, just across the river. There's palpable animosity there, but (the site as a whole, is) usually an 'interesting' read.

Incidentally, some will remember when Palace had a promotion to the first division in 1979, they were labeled as "The team of the 1980s". Whatever happened to that, did nothing whatsoever that decade worthy of mention, although by the advent of the 1990s, had assembled a very good side with names such as Bright, Wright, Martyn, Salako and McGoldrick that achieved third place in the old first division and Coppell was a very good manager. Should (or could) of taken over from Robson as national manager in 1990 but Taylor got the job.

Millwall like to call us the Stripy Nigels (as Adrian Durum picked up on) and we in turn call them the Knuckledraggers :)

The "Team of the 80's" was busted wide open by Terry Venables selling the likes of Kenny Sansom to Arsenal (whilst his wife was his agent, brown envelope 'Tel) TV disappeared players were sold & the team broken up.

The 90's team was a ramshackle team put together for peanuts (Ian Wright cost us £38,000, lots of rumours it was for beer etc etc) Mark Bright £75,000 form Leicester because Lineker was number 1 striker at the time, and it worked and we had some sucess, looking forward to what the future team holds in store..........................Staying up would be nice though this time

Your local bar/ drinking venue for club supporters is The White Horse. What's it like there, worth a visit, or not too expensive ?

Frequently attended by team supporters and seems a decent atmosphere from what I've read a little.

The Whithorse is a very decent pub (I would say that as it is a real Palace pub) decked out in full Palace colours memoribilia on the walls and ceilings, closer to Selhurst station, if you want cheaper beer The Victory Club in South Norwood high st serves real ales is away fan friendly (cost £1 to get in (last season)) but beer about £2.50 a pint use Norwood Junction stn 3 min walk. looking forward to the 9th November

£2-50 for a drink does sound very reasonable, espeically in the vicinity of Greater London. Some establishments now charge up to £5 for a drink, but they can keep that.

Haven't been to Selhurst Park in a good 19 or 20 years. Decent club and supporters. Lot less boisterous than some of your recognized neighbors.